Pyro Pete

Pukki unavailable for Wigan

As I said in the other thread, maybe Pukki has indicated in some way he won't renew his contract, and thus Wagner has made it clear he'll give game time to Sarg & Idah (& the injury news is a smokescreen)?????

Could be a conspiracy. Could also be that he had a little niggle that got aggravated on Tuesday, only 4 days between games & all.

Chances for both Idah and Sargent to strengthen their claims either way.

Edited by Mason 47

Having not sold him in January, I find it hard to believe we're actively freezing him out for not signing a new contract, but under the circumstances it just makes sense to only use him if we really have to, when the focus needs to be on giving Idah and Sargent the best chance to flourish.

• Like 1

City's boss confirmed that Teemu Pukki will miss Saturday's trip to Wigan with a calf injury - but the issue isn't expected to keep him out long term.

From the Pink Un. Seems pretty clear to me.

• Like 6

I thought he got injured warming up at half time on Tuesday? I was watching the bench-cam video from Tuesday and he didn't seem to be on the bench for a while after half time, so I thought maybe he was on the physio table or something? He then emerged later.

1 minute ago, Canarywary said:

I thought he got injured warming up at half time on Tuesday? I was watching the bench-cam video from Tuesday and he didn't seem to be on the bench for a while after half time, so I thought maybe he was on the physio table or something? He then emerged later.

That's exactly what happened. They had already decided to rest him from the start prior to kick-off but planned to bring him on in the second half. Sadly at HT he felt his calf whilst warming up, after a quick assessment they decided not to risk bringing him on

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

City's boss confirmed that Teemu Pukki will miss Saturday's trip to Wigan with a calf injury - but the issue isn't expected to keep him out long term.

Facts schmacts! Let's wildly speculate and make up theories. It is the internet after all.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still not said why. Interesting. No injury news. He already planning a move?

Or ""Then he didn't come on and he didn't warm up because at half time when he made a shot he felt his calf. Now we have to see how serious it is, but he was not able to warm up or play tonight. This was not the plan." Which was,  I admit, cunningly hidden away in an article entitled.

DAVID WAGNER EXPLAINS TEEMU PUKKI'S OMISSION

Edited by PockthorpePete

Could be he a bit of cold/flu on Tuesday which meant they didn’t start him and this has now got worse rather than better.

plenty going round

He looked quite happy from what I could see of him Tuesday, I do wonder if it's a bit of relief to take some time out and let Idah/Sarge come in for a period.   He's played so many matches for club and country over the past few years it's possible that by sitting on the bench he's being more thoughtful towards his own fitness.

30 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Oo I love an unfounded conspiracy theory 👍

Then let me act as match maker. Ken Hairy, meet Cambridge, Cambridge, Hairy. You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Do we have anyone in reserve we can put on the bench, or are we down to 2 strikers?

Could be Tzolis' chance to sign!

If anyone I guess it would be the lad Kamara from the U23's.

I saw pukki this morning in sainburys buying the worlds supply of strawberries. 

Hopefully a little break will rejuvenate him for a play off push 

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Having not sold him in January, I find it hard to believe we're actively freezing him out for not signing a new contract, but under the circumstances it just makes sense to only use him if we really have to, when the focus needs to be on giving Idah and Sargent the best chance to flourish.

Although it’s only supposed to be down to a calf injury, if he has already rejected the new contract I think Pukki must be dropped to the bottom of the pecking order. This isn’t as a punishment but because like I’ve said in the other thread, I think it’s essential to try and get Idah and Sargent going this season as if Pukki does sign the new deal I can only really see him warming the bench, and if we fail to get promoted this season we’re not going to have much money to spend on a replacement this summer

• Like 1

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I doubt with are freezing him out, I do think it makes sense if he has indicated that he is going to leave that he fills a different role in the squad.  I think the loses to Bristol and Burnley mean the management are probably still trying to get promotion via the playoffs but with more of an eye on the future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Jesus Christ man! You can't just quote things like that! You'll have tea cups and saurcers thrown across living rooms across rhe land and some more sensitive folk may even need some assistance!

Now apologise for being a clear thinkinh, logical and helpful person for taking way these good peoples need for tin foil! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Maybe I misheard, but after the game on Tuesday Wagner said he was due to be coming on, but felt his calf, so it was decided not to bring him on and we would be investigating the injury further.

Not quite sure why people are making stuff up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Well b back said:

Maybe I misheard, but after the game on Tuesday Wagner said he was due to be coming on, but felt his calf, so it was decided not to bring him on and we would be investigating the injury further.

Not quite sure why people are making stuff up.

Like they need a reason on here. 

Come on, I know for sure this isn't your first day on this forum.

Has anybody speculated that Pukki could have a move to the MLS lined up and not wanting to scupper a move by getting injured?

MLS transfer window is open, and their season starts in 25th February.

His best mate in football plays in the MLS, although his side Minnesota doesn't have any designated player slots left to pay Pukki level wages, there are still 7 clubs with at least one Designated Player slot open including Real Salt Lake and Chicago.

20 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Having not sold him in January, I find it hard to believe we're actively freezing him out for not signing a new contract

We can still sell him to countries that don't operate the same transfer windows as us, we are not the centre of the world.

Including most of Scandinavia (where he's from) and the MLS (where two of his international teammates play). Their season starts in 8 days.