PockthorpePete

****The Official Lapps Match Thread ****

We don't know what the formation is then what hope do Watford's management.

Hopefully our players get it, they haven't in a lot of our games so far.

Gunn starting - for me, this confirms that McLean is indeed the first name on Smith’s teamsheet every week. 

1 minute ago, Richard Richard said:

Would like to have seen Sara for McLean and Cantwell straight back in for Dowell. Oh well. Fingers crossed. Pleased Gunn starting.

Actually I'd have put Kenny at left back & dropped Sam (though he's not done a lot wrong). Kenny's looked pretty dynamic at LB - & makes less dangerous mistakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Do we have to pay more money if Sara actually plays 90 minutes?

The Griezmann effect. 

Just now, ron obvious said:

Actually I'd have put Kenny at left back & dropped Sam (though he's not done a lot wrong). Kenny's looked pretty dynamic at LB - & makes less dangerous mistakes.

Good shout 👍

Just now, ron obvious said:

I’d actually agree with this; I actually thought Kenny was pretty decent at LB. Him playing there improved our midfield, too. 

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Impossible to read Smiths mind re team selection. He's  got his own Tombola machine

Hello Deano is that you. 

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Yes, McLean did very well at left back against Preston and Sara was perhaps our MOTM after he came on, so why not keep these two players where they were at the end of that match?

Well not my starting XI for sure but the squad is large enough for a bit of rotation.

The availability of Hayden and Cantwell is a huge bonus and means Hugill doesn't even make the bench.

I feel for Sara though.

I’m happy to see Gunn in, albeit does feel like a huge game to do it in (maybe a home match against a lesser team would’ve been the time to do it?).

But Dowell, I just can’t get behind. He’s been so poor of late, and this is not the match where he will thrive IMO. Sara surely had to stay in after his last performance from the bench?

22 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

We're almost a third of the way through this marathon. 

Sure, and the second half of a marathon is when the going gets tough. And it really starts in the last six miles. 😉

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Fair point maybe he's been good in training this week😁

Yeah that always gets you in compared to those who have underperformed on the pitch. Sara must be shocking in training.

6 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Yes, McLean did very well at left back against Preston and Sara was perhaps our MOTM after he came on, so why not keep these two players where they were at the end of that match?

The second half McLean played just like he did in the first half playing in midfield giving the ball away to PNE.

It was embarrassing to watch.

Sara deserved a start for me. Gunn in goal is a big step, Hayden on bench is potentially huge for our season. Gibbs faded second half last game so nice to have that option. Some decent results for us prior to tonight so fingers crossed smith knows what he is doing and has a dossier on Watford and Bilic 

4 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I'm in the UK but away from home. How can I watch the game?

Stream or is there an ifollow available to watch if in the UK?

messaged you

God knows what this formation, BBC reckons 4-3-1-2 but it doesn't look that way. Sargent looks like he's playing wide left.

Strange XI