hogesar

New Board Director Confirmed - Mark Attanasio

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

The significant news here is not that we are getting an American director. That was predictable from the moment the Attanasio-Foulger-NCFC link became known, and was confirmed by the club a couple of weeks ago.

But that it is Attanasio himself rather than one of the other six on view at Carrow Road back in May is a strong signal that he is serious about a long-term relationship with the club.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 8

53 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Diane is a shareholder and the released statement says because the meeting will be short with only one resolution shareholders are encouraged to vote by proxy. Says nothing about shareholders not being able to attend. Actually i question that having called a GM of shareholders you can turn them away from the meeting legally.

At the risk of being accused of being pedantic, it doesn’t actually say that there will only be one resolution. It says that it will include a resolution to appoint MA as a director. Of course, when the notice of the meeting arrives, there may be just one resolution. Personally, I’d be surprised, but let’s wait and see.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The significant news here is not that we are getting an American director. That was predictable from the moment the Attanasio-Foulger-NCFC link became known, and was confirmed by the club a couple of weeks ago.

But that it is Attanasio himself rather than one of the other six on view at Carrow Road back in May is a strong signal that he is serious about a long-term relationship with the club.

you are Right by the sound of it and a Quick google search he will have a few Managers Advisors  of his companies etc but he is the main man 

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

🎶 Attanasio, he’s magic, you knooooow! 🎶

Delia Out. 

1 hour ago, Diane said:

I will be there  to cast my eye over the new director 😀

any truth in the rumour that whilst there you'll be inviting him to front a fans forum in the near future ! 😉 

Edited by Greavsy

As it is a general meeting, the resolution only needs more than half of shareholders to vote for it to pass. Therefore with Smith & Jones currently holding more than that number of shares, this is purely an affirmatory procedure for something that is already agreed to.  Although it would be fun if Smith & Jones did decide to vote against it!!!  😆🤭

• Haha 1

Three thoughts:

1. The Milwaukee Brewers are one of the best run professional sports teams in the US.

2. Broadly, we have to embrace this. It's a good thing. It's our best possible chance of a transition away from Delia and Michael and a chance at upward mobility.

3. Soccer is truly taking off in the US. Numerous high schools around me have had to cancel American football seasons/teams in recent years as parents are rightfully terrified of the long-term head trauma. Overall, I believe there's huge potential for Norwich to attract a lot of interest Stateside—it's a very appealing club to an American as I can attest to!!

• Like 4

Can't wait for the introduction of the 70th minute stretch, along with a rousing rendition of 'Take me out to the Ball Game'. 🤣

Apples

57 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

any truth in the rumour that whilst there you'll be inviting him to front a fans forum in the near future ! 😉 

Probably 🤣

I suppose time will tell but this feels a rather seismic event in terms of the club’s future 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I suppose time will tell but this feels a rather seismic event in terms of the club’s future 

Yep, agree. It's been calmly handled, without much fanfare, seemingly something that's been prepared (or perhaps the term 'brewing' is apt🙂). In the background a new plan might be taking shape. New livery and updated corporate media and now the board. Seismic but not so much in a big bang way. It feels quite hopeful.🤞

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Can't wait for the introduction of the 70th minute stretch, along with a rousing rendition of 'Take me out to the Ball Game'. 🤣

Apples

Why do they sing that when they are already there?

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Diane is a shareholder and the released statement says because the meeting will be short with only one resolution shareholders are encouraged to vote by proxy. Says nothing about shareholders not being able to attend. Actually i question that having called a GM of shareholders you can turn them away from the meeting legally.

Unless Delia and Michael vote against, it will carried regardless of how many others attend, which says it all really but you are right, i don't believe you can be turned away if you are a shareholder. You have a right to be there.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I stand corrected then. I’m fairly sure though that Fry and possibly Phillips were appointed mid year and not at an AGM?

..and T Smith and Balls?

Sounds like good news but why an EGM? Need to find out in advance or attend on the day.

2 hours ago, Diane said:

I am a shareholder ??

Well dig deep Diane and get us another left back in please 😘😘 I'll see you alright for a good drink if ever you are in Cromer or by the champagne coast of sheringham haha 

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

£10 million is being brought to the table with him but for what and with any strings attached is the question Jim.

It is possible that the £10m may also have been spent... total guess by me, but we went from needing to sell players to buy players of significant value to signing a £10m player. Nunez cost a similar amount to Lees-Melou. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

As it is a general meeting, the resolution only needs more than half of shareholders to vote for it to pass. Therefore with Smith & Jones currently holding more than that number of shares, this is purely an affirmatory procedure for something that is already agreed to.  Although it would be fun if Smith & Jones did decide to vote against it!!!  😆🤭

S&J could abstain and let everyone else decide.

12 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

Well dig deep Diane and get us another left back in please 😘😘 I'll see you alright for a good drink if ever you are in Cromer or by the champagne coast of sheringham haha 

Ive only got 2 shares 🤣 so pretty irrelevant but then again if the top two shareholders end up with 73%  as rumoured everyone else will be pretty irrelevant too 🤣

Edited by Diane

Surprised the CEO is to become new director, would have expected someone lower down the organization or family perhaps.  Due to his responsibilities in US cannot see much attendance from this guy.  But it is good news top man is interested in a hands on role at City, hope its long term. 

17 minutes ago, pete said:

Surprised the CEO is to become new director, would have expected someone lower down the organization or family perhaps.  Due to his responsibilities in US cannot see much attendance from this guy.  But it is good news top man is interested in a hands on role at City, hope its long term. 

Not that surprising. The board members get all of the info on the running of the club don't they? He's going to want that from the start. Other people who are part of their corporate body will perhaps get other roles within the club.

Someone will have to enlighten me with knowledge that I don't have here, but is it possible to send someone to board meetings in your stead? Or could he attend remotely? 

17 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Just to flesh this out, a possible choice would have been Rick Schlesinger, who is the Brewers' President of Business Operations, covering finance, sponsorship and marketing amongst other things.

I don't think it is a coincidence that on our side Sam Jeffery, who deals with commercial, and Anthony Richens, finance, have been involved. I think it is Richens who is just visible in the Magnificent Seven image, next to Attanasio and talking to him.

Using American methods to increase our income from non-ticket areas such as commercial  and sponsorship/marketing would seem an obvious aim, as would an eventual increase in capacity. And further on it may well be Attanasio is not the only Brewers' executive to be made a director. But that he is the first does seem to suggest he is in this for the long haul.

• Like 1

What this may mean for the future is anyones guess. But one thing is for sure. There is no way a very successful businesses man put a club changing amount of money into our club, without at some time taking full ownership.

Ask yourself, would you put millions ( if you had millions)  in any investment, particularly a football club without having a major say in how it is run.....no neither would I !

Must be a case of fingers crossed, and watch this space>

20 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I totally agree. Especially as it is certainly going to have the blessing of our current majority shareholders. At the very least all of the current conspiracy theories will have to be dumped and all of the haters who bang on about "they've never wanted to sell" will have to also quieten down a bit.

Interesting times ahead. I've said for a while I would support a take-over if it was done right, and given time for prospective interested parties to come onto the board for a slow handover so they get to know the running of the club, can plan how to make changes, even start to implement some changes, learn about the area, about Norwich, Norfolk, about the fan base, about the core community values at the heart of the club and then know what a responsibility it is to take it forward.

I'm excited because in terms of that, on paper, this seems like a perfect match up. People who have been celebrated as retaining and growing that kind of community brand in another sporting club and have maintained that over a long period of time whilst also growing sporting success on the 'field'.

I'm not getting carried away just yet, but I love a bit of intrigue and this has me looking forward to seeing what develops over the next season or three. 

44 minutes ago, Diane said:

Anyone joining me at this meeting, if so mines an orange & lemonade😀

That’s a refreshing drink with a treble vodka thrown in. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, chicken said:

I totally agree. Especially as it is certainly going to have the blessing of our current majority shareholders. At the very least all of the current conspiracy theories will have to be dumped and all of the haters who bang on about "they've never wanted to sell" will have to also quieten down a bit.

Interesting times ahead. I've said for a while I would support a take-over if it was done right, and given time for prospective interested parties to come onto the board for a slow handover so they get to know the running of the club, can plan how to make changes, even start to implement some changes, learn about the area, about Norwich, Norfolk, about the fan base, about the core community values at the heart of the club and then know what a responsibility it is to take it forward.

I'm excited because in terms of that, on paper, this seems like a perfect match up. People who have been celebrated as retaining and growing that kind of community brand in another sporting club and have maintained that over a long period of time whilst also growing sporting success on the 'field'.

I'm not getting carried away just yet, but I love a bit of intrigue and this has me looking forward to seeing what develops over the next season or three. 

38 minutes ago, chicken said:

I totally agree. Especially as it is certainly going to have the blessing of our current majority shareholders. At the very least all of the current conspiracy theories will have to be dumped and all of the haters who bang on about "they've never wanted to sell" will have to also quieten down a bit

Come on, you know these people. They'll either pretend they never said anything of the sort or make up some narrative so they can assure themselves they were right anyway. 😀

• Like 2