TIL 1010

Looks Like Michael Foulger IS Selling To The Yanks.

Foulger selling his stake brings no direct investment into the club. No doubt the reason it is taking so long is because of the Smith and Jones problem. Those crediting the club/owners with seeking investment may well end up with their tail between their legs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Foulger selling his stake brings no direct investment into the club. No doubt the reason it is taking so long is because of the Smith and Jones problem. Those crediting the club/owners with seeking investment may well end up with their tail between their legs.

If they didn't want the Americans involved then they would've bought Foulgers shares.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

If they didn't want the Americans involved then they would've bought Foulgers shares.

Doubt they could afford them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Then They'd own a massive chunk of the train set, I wonder how that'd go down.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Then They'd own a massive chunk of the train set, I wonder how that'd go down.

Train set, or dolls house - make up your mind! 😜😉

• Haha 1

I will check to see what sexy Bennett knows about the situation 

5 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

I stand next to Michael Jr. I’ll see what I can find out at the Wigan game although he’s usually quite cagey. 

About as subtle as a brick now. 

Perhaps don't post.... 

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

You could turn out to be correct but 'no doubt' is a bit of a leap.

• Like 1

1. Is it taking so long? How long have we been in contact with the  prospective investors?

2. Is tis longer than usual  - what is the average length of time?

If you can't answer these questions some might suspect you of uninformed prejudice, Jim.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

As far as Foulger’s financial and legal position is concerned, perhaps it is also that the other Director / Shareholders have given him a gentle prod to exit from the club given the tarnishing of his image? We know how image is very important to Delia. it may not be a direct causal effect?

Maybe. Can't remember that logic being applied to the Galway Roast incident though.

Or alternatively the reason time is being taken is that both sides are keen to get a deal sorted out properly. What ought to worry you, Jim, is that the only person who has liked your post is komakino - the one ‘fan’ whose hatred of Smith and Jones is greater than your perpetual negativism.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Hahaha. This is just pathetic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or alternatively the reason time is being taken is that both sides are keen to get a deal sorted out properly. What ought to worry you, Jim, is that the only person who has liked your post is komakino - the one ‘fan’ whose hatred of Smith and Jones is greater than your perpetual negativism.

I'm glad you used fan loosely. He lied about Delia trying to invest in Ipswich not once, but twice.

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

If MWJ changes from Woodbines to Dunhill we will know there's  something in it.

Hamlets 

So if he buys all the Foulger families shares i make that 98,000 so that would give them about 16% of the 620k in existence. But the club could also release new shares to give them a bigger slice ? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It was widely publicised on the official site, pretty sure it was on the pinkun and was definitely discussed on here - people were ‘concerned’ about the free bacon sarnies and it being overrun by dodgy Scots after a freebie; there’s certainly nothing ‘dodgy/cliquey’ about it.  You must have just missed it.

If they didn’t send a flunkey directly to Essex Canary’s residence with the details embossed on a golden invitation, doesn’t count.

• Haha 1

i do not know anything about the takeover 

but i wonder what Delia thinks is she happy or is this the start of Delia and MWJ losing the control ??

if it was me who owned 16 % of shares i would not put in more money than the people with more shares why would you ?

then again if you did own 16 % and said i will put say 30 million into the club but the other shareholders will not match my offer then you will win a lot of fans over straight away 

i think it will be interesting once it all comes out in the open 

i have a funny feeling Delia will be put under pressure from fans if she does not sell if they are willing to invest heavy 

It's taking time because they are doing things the right way, would be my guess. I say that because they could have steamed in, dumped a briefcase of money on Foulger's lap, patted him on the pack and bundled him into the back of the taxi... there is literally nothing any of the other shareholders could have done.

It wouldn't have gone down well though, especially if they later wanted to acquire more, and potentially a controlling stake.

No, the talks, I am sure, have included the current majority share holders because it will have to play out a certain way. They may even have stated their objective, their end goal and discussed ways that they can get there amicably.

As I have said a good number of times before, have a look at Kroenke at Arsenal. He bought shares, there was anxiety about him just swooping in and taking over, but he played a longer game over the course of a couple of seasons. By that time other board members were satisfied he had the clubs best intentions at heart and he instigated the take over.

I've also said before that the right people will do it this way. They will work with Delia and Michael, because despite the vocal minority, they have actually steered this club well over the years. Yes, not without errors. But as Bob Ross used to say, "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents." You can look at the slip to league one, but that brought us Lambert and swashbuckling football we are unlikely to see again purely because of all of the right elements coming together at the right time.

They have a great knowledge of the community connection of the club, of Norfolk and the surrounding (disputed) areas like Lowestoft and Beccles... and the culture of the area. They will also know areas that they can't improve without additional investment, and that could be anything from stadium expansion, more money for the playing squad to expanding the international supporter numbers, a market that can be incredibly lucrative.

They'd be incredibly foolish to not find out the inner workings of any business before taking it over. That way they can draw up a plan of action and even start implementing some changes sooner than any takeover. They could introduce connections, for example, to media companies they use in the US.

So no, no they are not taking too long. And yes, this is just me thinking positively about why they are taking time. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i do not know anything about the takeover 

but i wonder what Delia thinks is she happy or is this the start of Delia and MWJ losing the control ??

if it was me who owned 16 % of shares i would not put in more money than the people with more shares why would you ?

then again if you did own 16 % and said i will put say 30 million into the club but the other shareholders will not match my offer then you will win a lot of fans over straight away 

i think it will be interesting once it all comes out in the open 

i have a funny feeling Delia will be put under pressure from fans if she does not sell if they are willing to invest heavy 

She was in the room today when the question was answered so you could assume that she was happy for those there to know what was happening.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

She was in the room today when the question was answered so you could assume that she was happy for those there to know what was happening.

Yes happy for the news to come out

but i wonder if she would be more happy with Foulger who was never any danger of buying her out or the US party with a lot more money who could pressure her to sell ?

i do not know that's why i am asking 

2 hours ago, GMF said:

Train set, or dolls house - make up your mind! 😜😉

Delia has a doll’s house, Michael has a train set 🤣

Makes sense. Attanasio gets a smaller holding and eases his way in, finds out more about football and how the business works here, looks for similarities between that and baseball with his time at the Brewers, works with Delia, Michael and the rest of the board, then decides if he wants to push the envelope or not.

From my ultra-limited perspective it looks like both sides are doing their due diligence, don't want to waste each other's time, but do want to make sure they're fundamentally on the same hymn sheet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I'm glad you used fan loosely. He lied about Delia trying to invest in Ipswich not once, but twice.

Well there are many Ipswich fans of a somewhat more elderly vintage who will tell you that the then Chairman John Cobbold  'politely declined' Ms Smith's offer to invest in ITFC. I have no idea whatsover whether that is / was true but they're all liars as well then are they?  

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Makes sense. Attanasio gets a smaller holding and eases his way in, finds out more about football and how the business works here, looks for similarities between that and baseball with his time at the Brewers, works with Delia, Michael and the rest of the board, then decides if he wants to push the envelope or not.

From my ultra-limited perspective it looks like both sides are doing their due diligence, don't want to waste each other's time, but do want to make sure they're fundamentally on the same hymn sheet.

I think that's the most favourable view of what's underway and I can't say I disagree with that approach arch critic of The Cook that I am!

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

I think that's the most favourable view of what's underway and I can't say I disagree with that approach arch critic of The Cook that I am!

I think it's a reasonable enough one considering we had the Cullen bid and Tony Fernandes had a sniff around too, and let's face it, the Cullen bid was risible and Fernandes was a bit of a wide-boy. Can easily see why Delia and Michael would be in the "once bitten, twice shy" group and be more cautious in future.

33 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's taking time because they are doing things the right way, would be my guess. I say that because they could have steamed in, dumped a briefcase of money on Foulger's lap, patted him on the pack and bundled him into the back of the taxi... there is literally nothing any of the other shareholders could have done.

It wouldn't have gone down well though, especially if they later wanted to acquire more, and potentially a controlling stake.

No, the talks, I am sure, have included the current majority share holders because it will have to play out a certain way. They may even have stated their objective, their end goal and discussed ways that they can get there amicably.

As I have said a good number of times before, have a look at Kroenke at Arsenal. He bought shares, there was anxiety about him just swooping in and taking over, but he played a longer game over the course of a couple of seasons. By that time other board members were satisfied he had the clubs best intentions at heart and he instigated the take over.

I've also said before that the right people will do it this way. They will work with Delia and Michael, because despite the vocal minority, they have actually steered this club well over the years. Yes, not without errors. But as Bob Ross used to say, "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents." You can look at the slip to league one, but that brought us Lambert and swashbuckling football we are unlikely to see again purely because of all of the right elements coming together at the right time.

They have a great knowledge of the community connection of the club, of Norfolk and the surrounding (disputed) areas like Lowestoft and Beccles... and the culture of the area. They will also know areas that they can't improve without additional investment, and that could be anything from stadium expansion, more money for the playing squad to expanding the international supporter numbers, a market that can be incredibly lucrative.

They'd be incredibly foolish to not find out the inner workings of any business before taking it over. That way they can draw up a plan of action and even start implementing some changes sooner than any takeover. They could introduce connections, for example, to media companies they use in the US.

So no, no they are not taking too long. And yes, this is just me thinking positively about why they are taking time. 

Michael might have liked a bit of cash.

There is a story about how he used to be driven around London, going from Bank to Bank, and paying in envelopes full of cash into different accounts.

Of course it's only a story. Reportedly told by the driver. And one time the car went to be valeted and the people doing the valet found an envelope containing £20 K in the boot. Only a story again. 

40 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's taking time because they are doing things the right way, would be my guess. 

Would be good to know who has replaced Stephan as Chairperson of the Aiudit Committee.

23 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Well there are many Ipswich fans of a somewhat more elderly vintage who will tell you that the then Chairman John Cobbold  'politely declined' Ms Smith's offer to invest in ITFC. I have no idea whatsover whether that is / was true but they're all liars as well then are they?  

So that makes two of you who are prepared to believe binner bollox rather than Norwich supporters. I take it this "offer" was before 1969?

When did you say the binners would be marching past us....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

My take on this is as a result of a question asked from the floor somebody and it is not clear who responded with this news.

Is a Q and A 400 miles from Norwich to a limited number of our fanbase on a Sunday morning in a hotel the place to make such an announcement which has such a influence on our club moving forward ?

An official press release from Carrow Road with all parties involved aware it was going to happen would have been the correct PR as my feeling is Archant and The Athletic will now go chasing both Foulger and the americans for comments and they may well be caught on the hop as neither were in Jockland.

At present, this is a transfer of a minority shareholding from one party to another; it doesn't make any difference to the club in terms of finances or in terms of day to day running, so arguably keeping it low key is appropriate; making a fanfare of it would be more reason to raise eyebrows.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is worth bearing in mind that although Foulger's tranche of shares is the largest of the minority holdings, at 98,200, there are others that are sizeable. The old Jimmy Jones stake, at 23,000, the Sharman stake, at 10,000, and RG Carter's, at 7,500. they could be used to build up a minority holding, and even one approaching the 30 per cent mark although again without putting money into the club.