Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Looks like Gilmour's not returning........

27 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’d rather have happy Gilmour 

Not sure how well Comfortably Numb would work as a football song.

Might have been a good one for the day we were mathematically relegated, mind!

Edit: that was meant to be quoting the David Gilmour comment!

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

That is not the best researched article I have ever seen

It's football league world, honestly one of the worst of the poor clickbait football 'news' sites

• Like 1

He was honestly so poor in most games that I’d be happy for Norwich to pay Chelsea to keep him 🥹

29 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Just getting the good news out of the way first.

We're so busy cheering that we didn't hear that Andy Hughes is coming out of retirement.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

We're so busy cheering that we didn't hear that Andy Hughes is coming out of retirement.

I was wondering where that sentence was going.

• Haha 1

there were plenty of signs of promise from the youngster during his time there. 

Haha! I must have slept through all of those signs of promise. He certainly mastered the art of jogging back slowly while the opposition break and score, not to mention the surprising ability to lose every 50-50. Perhaps the author thinks those attributes will be useful in the Championship?

• Like 2

From the article ...

Gilmour has shown flashes of absolute brilliance that suggest he could be a real star of the future 

Yeah absolutely .. this 

The 20-year-old managed 24 league games for Norwich with one assist 

No way! Say it isn't so? 

Said it once and say it again - football league world is the biggest load of cobblers on the internet. It’s just a bunch of teenagers pushing out banal rubbish for clicks.

56 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Said it once and say it again - football league world is the biggest load of cobblers on the internet. It’s just a bunch of teenagers pushing out banal rubbish for clicks.

I would rather stay on here with the cantankerous old gits pushing out banal rubbish for clicks.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Much like the chances of Beyoncé accepting my invitation to join me for a burger at the Wig and Pen . 

If she does turn up, don't blow it like I did - hold the pickles.

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Herman said:

I’d take Andy Hughes over most of our midfielders this season just gone, at least Andy Hughes always tried hard!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Much like the chances of Beyoncé accepting my invitation to join me for a burger at the Wig and Pen . 

Fancy doubling up, if Kylie accepts my invite too.... 

We can skip the karaoke though! 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Erm, I would very much hope we're not even trying to resign to useless little turd... 

Billy Gilmore re-signs..... 👎

Billy Gilmour resigns. 👍

32 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I'd have Gilmour on loan again next season. 

I've seen enough to suggest that in a side on the front foot, dominating possession, he'd excel. That should be Norwich City in the Championship. 

I wouldn't. Having seen the contrast between his performances for Scotland (hardly renowned for their domination of games) and Norwich, it shows how little point there is in attempting to accommodate someone who just doesn't care. He might have potential, but that's no use to us.

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's football league world, honestly one of the worst of the poor clickbait football 'news' sites

Maybe you should apply for a job! (Yes. I know it was obvious).

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I wouldn't. Having seen the contrast between his performances for Scotland (hardly renowned for their domination of games) and Norwich, it shows how little point there is in attempting to accommodate someone who just doesn't care. He might have potential, but that's no use to us.

You don't know this to be the case. If your using his body language as a measure, then you may as well accuse Pukki for not caring too. 

Gilmour's confidence was shot. I have reservations as to whether he'll make it in the EPL, but the Championship is different entirely. As most of our own players have demonstrated over the last 4 seasons.