Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Krul to PSV rumour

On Twitter. Salt. Pinch. £4-6 million.

Imagine that would be euros though.

I do think he might want to return to his native land perhaps, but he's virtually nailed on No1 here and was one of the top keepers in the championship last time out.

What are your thoughts, stay or go? 

Personally, the thought of Gunn being our No1 worries me a bit...

6 minutes ago, AJ said:

On Twitter. Salt. Pinch. £4-6 million.

Imagine that would be euros though.

I do think he might want to return to his native land perhaps, but he's virtually nailed on No1 here and was one of the top keepers in the championship last time out.

What are your thoughts, stay or go? 

Personally, the thought of Gunn being our No1 worries me a bit...

His wife might want to return to her native land. Newcastle.

Edited by A Load of Squit

Gunn does worry me, but I'd rather he came in for this season and improved than us investing into Krul and he either gets injured or leaves end of season anyway.

Really depends on Krul, I could imagine him settling here as a GK coach in future.  So, if moving to PSV gives him that final years of experience and he gets in the World Cup squad it could benefit us in the longer term. 

I'd be happy for him, but devastated to lose his character and escapades in goal.  It's critical that Gunn gets game time really, he can't spend another season on the bench in his prime.  In terms of assets, he's got a higher price tag than Krul too, I'd expect?

Edited by Google Bot

I imagine if he wants to go we’d let him for any fee around that, big wages off the books, decent fee for age and unlike most positions we already have a prospective replacement in the building.

Feel the same about Aaron’s, only two quality players that I’d be comfortable and understand their departure.

Maybe they could include Ledezma as part of the deal. We could start building the USMT squad then. 🙂

Remember him setting up Soto a few times when watching USA play.

Edited by Google Bot

Sell. One of the highest earners at the club. Getting on in age. Made countless errors last season. Ready made replacement in Gunn who would hopefully improve even more with a full season in the championship. Also with Barden back playing again we have even more cover down the line. Any extra funds can go to strengthening the team. 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Starting to become error prone. 

He's always been error prone. It's just that the rest of his game is excellent. His errors are punished more in the PL though.

No brainer. Picked him up on a free, got great service out of him. Now have a keeper ready to step up and we get some transfer fee and a big wage off the bill. 

• Like 2

I am in the don't really see where this has come from camp. This and the Pukki rumours look like they are totally fabricated.

If I am wrong, suitable offers come in and they want leave I would be comfortable with both going as part of a wider rebuild. Looks unlikely though, if I am right it would be good to have them on board for one more push.

• Like 1

Relax all you concerned....the rumour is Krull has volunteered to take his PSV licence so that he's able to drive the team coach....It's due to tightening of the club finances, so therefore every little helps....

Safe hands behind the wheel an' all that....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I am in the don't really see where this has come from camp. This and the Pukki rumours look like they are totally fabricated.

If I am wrong, suitable offers come in and they want leave I would be comfortable with both going as part of a wider rebuild. Looks unlikely though, if I am right it would be good to have them on board for one more push.

Krul leaving? I would be a little sad, but thinking with my head rather than my heart, it makes a lot of sense for him and us.

Pukki leaving? No way! Utterly self-defeating if we are trying to go up again next season.

• Like 1

Great servant.  If monies are close to that....bid him a happy farewell. Gunn will only improve. I'm more worried if pukki has suitors sniffing round....with the transfers recently it doesn't fill me with confidence 

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Krul leaving? I would be a little sad, but thinking with my head rather than my heart, it makes a lot of sense for him and us.

Pukki leaving? No way! Utterly self-defeating if we are trying to go up again next season.

We happily sold Buendia when trying to stay up last season so don't hold your breath! 😅

1 minute ago, AJ said:

We happily sold Buendia when trying to stay up last season so don't hold your breath! 😅

If Pukki has thrown his toys out of the pram and is insisting he is allowed to go, that would be different. Crap, but different.

48 minutes ago, king canary said:

£6m for a 34 year old that looked in poor form at the end of this season? Bite their hands off.

Mostly why I don't think it's true!

£5m for Krul, especially when considering his wages, wouldn't be bad business and he can walk off safe that he's been a key part of a team that won two Championships and arrested a career slide on his part.

The one thing I would say as that as much as he has been error prone recently, Tim Krul going through bad patches of form is not a new thing, he often follows them with a string of spectacular games. Also, as far as his age is concerned, sure he is 34, but that's not that old for a keeper. He could theoretically have another 3 years of being a good keeper left in him.

If we are offered a good fee then I'd take it with a bit of a heavy heart, but I think people are a bit keen to write him off. I do however agree that of all the players who may depart, his is the position with the most obvious replacement in the squad, and I don't want to see Gunn on the bench for the whole of next year.

Tim Krul is a vocal leader on the pitch, under less pressure from a leaky defence will mean he is less in the spotlight. Next season he can certainly offer a great deal if we have a new right back with Aarons leaving and possibly a new centre back (who is bought, who is capable of being a quick, passing Premier league defender).

I think a new CB can develop with tutelage from Hanley and Gibson with AO.

It is great money and a great team for him to move to. I will say he is a keeper that has embraced this club and county. He is one that I would sorely miss and was a coup when we acquired him. His signing has been so important over this period.

I think he also is a great ambassador to help bring players in, so I would like to build a defence around him that can be much stronger.

We could indeed sell Tim Krul and replace him with Gunn as our number one - if we want to downgrade our goalkeeper in exchange for some cash, that is.

48 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Relax all you concerned....the rumour is Krull has volunteered to take his PSV licence so that he's able to drive the team coach....It's due to tightening of the club finances, so therefore every little helps....

Safe hands behind the wheel an' all that....

Don't you mean his pilots licence ?

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

His wife might want to return to her native land. Newcastle.

I'm sure she can handle a couple of years of him commuting, keeping the house on in Mulbarton, and leaving the kids at their current school.  Then he can come back and be the new goalkeeping coach, very Norwich that.

I am not as horrified by this prospect as I would have been a year ago.
Sometimes you need to know when to cash in. 

• Like 1

4 to 6 seems a tad low, given he has played for the international team and has a lot of top flight experience but to be fair he is getting old. I wonder if there would be any clauses that take it to near 10 million or so..

Either way, I said it before this rumour popped up that I thought his time here was up. Love the guy, think he's great and will miss him but won't begrudge him a move. Hope it goes well if he does go and good luck to him been a great servant for us