Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

8 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Wow, when you see the names mentioned in this thread so far, we have signed a lorry load of sh1te in the past 😁

Of recent years: Lafferty, the lesser spotted Becchio, Hooiveld, Watkins, Marshall… 

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You're probably right. And anyone who plays 31 out of 32 games in the top half of the Bundesliga is going to be too good for us. 

Leeds had a bid refused 2 years ago. 

It looks like he's lost weight

Screenshot_20220505-094832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cbdd2370e5c7a0b7666286a92ff93496.jpg

He also looks like he's been smoking a bit of sweeeeeet Mary Jane

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, shefcanary said:

No! 😯 Not a potential converted CDM prospect?

I think the plan is to buy him and play him somewhere other than CDM. That way we all can argue about how good he would be at CDM as a distraction from the relegation to League 1 that our more miserable posters think is nailed on.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Wow, when you see the names mentioned in this thread so far, we have signed a lorry load of sh1te in the past 😁

Tony Warner was actually pretty decent. We probably should have signed him permanently rather than spunking £1m on David Marshall 

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think the plan is to buy him and play him somewhere other than CDM. That way we all can argue about how good he would be at CDM as a distraction from the relegation to League 1 that our more miserable posters think is nailed on.

Sounds like a plan. Sign him up

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

And anyone who plays 31 out of 32 games in the top half of the Bundesliga is going to be too good for us. 

I think you'd be surprised. Vrancic was a similar type player (regular appearances but not an every week starter) from the Bundesliga who joined us in the Championship and we likely can pay as much if not more than Mainz when it comes to wages.

I don't think a player with this profile is out of the question but this link feels a bit 'linking Bundesliga players to the team that signs Bundesliga players.'

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think you'd be surprised. Vrancic was a similar type player (regular appearances but not an every week starter) from the Bundesliga who joined us in the Championship and we likely can pay as much if not more than Mainz when it comes to wages.

I don't think a player with this profile is out of the question but this link feels a bit 'linking Bundesliga players to the team that signs Bundesliga players.'

Not really. Mario twice played half a season for 2 teams right at the bottom of the Bundesliga. The rest of his career was in the 2nd Division. This guy has played every game for a team in the top 8. If we could get him to play for us in the Championship it would be an excellent signing. But like you say, it's probably just lazy reporting. 

9 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I see your Jarrett and Brellier and I'm all in with Simon Whaley and Victor Segura

I will raise u Fernando derveld and Alan gow

1 hour ago, raunds canary said:

Not sure if you can raise if he/she's all in; you can call. Unless you get a little sidepot going with someone else; which must be quite likely given the horseshíte you're trying to raise with! 🐎💩😄

9 hours ago, Big O said:

Call with Fernando Derveld, Raymond DeWard and Jean-Yves De Blasiis

I always feel a bit sorry for these three. De Blasiis at the time, was a bit of a revelation. Very cultured player, good left foot and could take on players as well, I remember him nutmegging a player twice Vs a good Bolton side (Gudjonsson was in it). An injury put an end to that which was a shame because both he and Anselin had made a very positive impact on what was a particularly ordinary team before that.

Derveld actually had a decent career away from us. DeWard was forced to retire due to injury which is why we never got to see him get any better.

Another two players that arrived with real potential to add to our side that never delivered due to injury are Matthieu Louis-Jean who arrived aged 25 with real potential after impressing at Forrest only to be injured after handful of games and that being it. Neil Emblen being the other, though more experienced.

The Hamilton, Roeder and Grant era's did deliver a number of proper stinkers to our side though. For example, neither Des Hamilton or Gary Brady were particularly fantastic for us either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

Not sure if you can raise if he/she's all in; you can call. Unless you get a little sidepot going with someone else; which must be quite likely given the horseshíte you're trying to raise with! 🐎💩😄

I will call then Jim Whitley and owain Tudor Jones....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chicken said:

I always feel a bit sorry for these three. De Blasiis at the time, was a bit of a revelation. Very cultured player, good left foot and could take on players as well, I remember him nutmegging a player twice Vs a good Bolton side (Gudjonsson was in it). An injury put an end to that which was a shame because both he and Anselin had made a very positive impact on what was a particularly ordinary team before that.

Derveld actually had a decent career away from us. DeWard was forced to retire due to injury which is why we never got to see him get any better.

Another two players that arrived with real potential to add to our side that never delivered due to injury are Matthieu Louis-Jean who arrived aged 25 with real potential after impressing at Forrest only to be injured after handful of games and that being it. Neil Emblen being the other, though more experienced.

The Hamilton, Roeder and Grant era's did deliver a number of proper stinkers to our side though. For example, neither Des Hamilton or Gary Brady were particularly fantastic for us either.

I did think adding Jean-Yves was a bit of a stretch 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raunds canary said:

I remember the very dark days where getting the ball to Alan Gow was our tactic as the only player with any creativity. My god we were poor 

1 minute ago, Big O said:

I remember the very dark days where getting the ball to Alan Gow was our tactic as the only player with any creativity. My god we were poor 

Juan Velasco great signing he was

3 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Juan Velasco great signing he was

Chris Killeen 

3 hours ago, raunds canary said:

I will call then Jim Whitley and owain Tudor Jones....

Take it down. The pot's yours!

Right. Who's on the big blind?

Talking of transfers, would be okay if we started signing Villa players? The so called fringe players 

3 hours ago, Payno10 said:

Talking of transfers, would be okay if we started signing Villa players? The so called fringe players 

Villa to be our new Bournemouth?

A reference for the older members of this board.

• Like 3

Football League World credit us with an interest in former youth player, Harry Toffolo.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/what-huddersfield-have-told-harry-toffolo-amid-blackburn-middlesbrough-millwall-norwich-transfer-interest/

Almost definitely untrue given the source - but if Dimi wants to go or McCallum doesn't impress Smith could this be an option?

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The Athletic suggesting we're after Aberdeen right back Calvin Ramsey. Only teeny tiny problem - we are in good company with Sassulo, Leeds and Liverpool also interested.

https://theathletic.com/3305577/2022/05/11/calvin-ramsay-liverpool-leeds?source=user-shared-article

It'sa good article about him if you fancy knowing a bit more about him.

Great, still not after midfielders..