Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

52 minutes ago, king canary said:

Even if Krul leaves, spending millions on another young keeper makes no sense. Every year serviceable keepers move for free and this summer will be no different.

Agreed. Any money spent on a back up keeper to Gunn is money wasted from more vital areas of the team that need strengthening.

20 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Krul wasn't in this week's training video was he? 🤔

Don;t think so. Sadly fact is much as I love him he has been rather error prone, he's getting on in age and most seem to think he's on some of our highest wages out of our players. I do fear his time here with us is almost up

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed. Any money spent on a back up keeper to Gunn is money wasted from more vital areas of the team that need strengthening.

Yes or it would suggest we've not got that much faith in Gunn. 

Overall its likely just baseless speculation. 

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don;t think so. Sadly fact is much as I love him he has been rather error prone, he's getting on in age and most seem to think he's on some of our highest wages out of our players. I do fear his time here with us is almost up

I certainly don’t “fear” his time being up - he’s done pretty well for us but also done well out of us, it has gone both ways.  If he’s not good enough any more then it makes sense for us to seek better, Gunn was surely bought with an eye to Krul leaving.  Clearly you would hope the other keepers on our books would be up to being second choice, but of course you need some depth if injury hits.

Edited by Branston Pickle

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Krul being linked to PSV Eindhoven today.

And there it is, called it

On 20/05/2022 at 19:20, cambridgeshire canary said:

Reckon he will head back to the Netherlands or stay here in England? Could easily become a regular number one at a lot of teams in the Eredivisie if he wished no doubt in my mind

On 20/05/2022 at 15:46, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do wonder if Krul is off, and Mcgovern is getting on a bit.. Would he be happy jonining us to be second fiddle to Gunn though?

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And there it is, called it

It’s hardly a Nostradamus moment, is it ~ I’m pretty sure when we signed Gunn that we all thought it was all-but certain we’d have one more season out of Krul and he’d then go Dutch.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Think this one makes sense, as much as I like Krul he’s getting on, reportedly on some of if not the highest wages, he’s made a fair few errors this season and we have someone in Gunn who we’ve spent a lot of money on as a replacement who has looked capable in his appearances.

It will be sad to see him go but he’s been a great servant and if he wants to move and a better club wants him, seems time is right for a move for both parties.

I’d be much more concerned if Hanley and/or Pukki leave. Pukki is absolutely vital and Hanley is the only other member of the squad who’s genuinely looked PL quality.

Edited by Monty13

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Good move for him, if it happens wish him well and hope Gunny can step up (I'm sure he can, not done much wrong so far)

Krul seen in Sainsburys -there you have it -he's signing for the deli counter- warding of customers fighting for the cake.

• Haha 1

One of my concerns with bringing Gunn in for Krul is that he just doesn’t have the same level of command/presence  over the box or other players. With the additional potential loss of Hanley this could be a big issue for us. We need someone in the back 4 to be vocal and to instruct and organise the defence.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We paid a huge fee for Gunn. We're not in a position to spend that much on a keeper to sit on the bench. We could easily have got someone for nothing so we obviously had a long term plan. 

We paid 5 million

10 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Krul seen in Sainsburys -there you have it -he's signing for the deli counter- warding of customers fighting for the cake.

Hate to call you out on this but they don’t sell cake at the deli counter. 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Hate to call you out on this but they don’t sell cake at the deli counter. 😂

Sainsbury's closed all their deli counters along with their fish counters last year.

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Sainsbury's closed all their deli counters along with their fish counters last year.

That’s criminal! Although I never use either or shop at Sainsbury’s, so I’m not the best judge 

4 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Cafe too, by me anyway.

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

That’s criminal! Although I never use either or shop at Sainsbury’s, so I’m not the best judge 

Yeah I work for them. It turns out everyone is outraged but also never used them. Typical British position.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, hertfordyellow said:

Yeah I work for them. It turns out everyone is outraged but also never used them. Typical British position.

So true. Against change to the point of ridiculousness 

On 22/05/2022 at 23:10, hertfordyellow said:

I’m not sure if it’s a peculiarly British thing or just people, but we do seem to lament the loss of things we didn’t use and did nothing to maintain their existence.

I hear people all the time lamenting loss of bus routes, libraries, shops etc. and while in principal I agree then when you ask them it turns out they never used them.

28 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-keen-on-wimbledon-winger-assal-8990274

Mirror suggesting we're one of a number of sides interested in Ayoub Assal of Wimbledon. 

As an aside I had no idea Mark Bowen is caretaker boss there.

Another winger? Wake me up when it's a midfielder or centreback

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, king canary said:

27 games without a win? **** me that takes some doing.

Will fit in well here. Pinch of salt with the rumour but we should steer clear of signing players from relegated teams. 

Bowen was interim manager at Wimbledon but released on relegation, gone to another club in non coaching role.

I don’t think we need to sign any more wingers at the moment - I actually think we need to sell some. Need to look for a CB, DM, and CF

Not a rumor or anything but what's the point in starting a new thread when this is here... 

Romaine sawyers has been released alongside Sam Johnstone from WBA... If Krul was leaving Johnstone would be a quality replacement but I'd guess he's heading to Fulham or the like. 

Sawyers, would he be worth a punt? Attacking midfield competition for Dowell. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor