Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

11 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sara also missed a month of action last season from early April to early May, and then four consecutive matches from late June to early July. I know the Brazilian calendar is the most congested in world football (Sao Paulo played 70 games in all competitions last season, and that's with quarter final eliminations in both the Brazilian Cup and the Copa Libertadores) but it is a concern, especially as he's currently long term injured.

I know you have mentioned the congested nature of Brazilian football and you are right it's a slight concern, but in the interests of context, he still played 47 games last season in all forms of football.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We said that about Tzolis. If we sign someone else in addition then fine, but if he takes time to settle, can't speak the language, can't get fit enough for the rigours of English football etc etc then we may regret it. 

Tbh I'd rather have Normann back.

Normann would be pointless as he's not available often enough.

Can understand concerns but this lad is older and more experienced than Tzolis and its the Champ not the Prem, our recruitment has generally been excellent at this level. 

43 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We said that about Tzolis. If we sign someone else in addition then fine, but if he takes time to settle, can't speak the language, can't get fit enough for the rigours of English football etc etc then we may regret it. 

Tbh I'd rather have Normann back.

Everybody is different, some people move at 18 to a new culture and love every minute of it, some people can't stand being away from what they know.

It's hard to know who will thrive and who won't.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2022 at 01:43, Pyro Pete said:

Bali Mumba to Plymouth Argyle - rumour.

PinkUn and Michael Bailey reporting this now.

11 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

PinkUn and Michael Bailey reporting this now.

Yep another loan. Probably best for the kid. Hopefully Byram remains injury free...

Looks like the start of new business being done now, which should hopefully stop a lot of the negativity, however signing players who have been crocked for a while probably wont alleviate most negativity amongst supporters. Does anyone know when Hayden arrives in Germany? Or is he still injured or he might even be there. 

Edited by jaberry2

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

A Twitter account worth keeping an eye on then. 

Well, I suppose - if you want news for that part of Essex.  I doubt they are up on the rest of our transfer news

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Yep another loan. Probably best for the kid. Hopefully Byram remains injury free...

Looks like the start of new business being done now, which should hopefully stop a lot of the negativity, however signing players who have been crocked for a while probably wont alleviate most negativity amongst supporters. Does anyone know when Hayden arrives in Germany? Or is he still injured or he might even be there. 

Being prepared to let Mumba move relatively early (right move for him IMO) does raise questions, is Aaron’s staying? as otherwise we need another RB.

If we get another RB then if Mumba does well he then has two players still in front of him next season.

I wonder whether this signals interest in Aaron’s has cooled and he’s staying.

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

That's more money than we've been led to believe the club could fork out this window - if true!

Thanks for the link.

Its probably a staggered payment system which will increase with promotion, appearances rather than the 10m+ outlay initially.

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

That's more money than we've been led to believe the club could fork out this window - if true!

Thanks for the link.

What Davitt said was that we wouldn't be paying millions for a player unless we sold someone. We haven't sold anyone (Aarons and/or Tzolis) yet but I imagine we expect to.

I assume this potential Sara deal is the one Bailey was talking about in The Athletic a few days ago as showing the level of our intent this summer, especially in filling the midfield gaps.

3 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Hayden returned to full training with Newcastle in April.

I'm actually not bothered if we sign anyone to be honest as watching a few on here and FB go into meltdown at dross like Placheta being moved on and kids out on loan who wouldn't have played much has been quite amusing. If we actually sign just Hayden these people may just explode 😁

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

What Davitt said was that we wouldn't be paying millions for a player unless we sold someone. We haven't sold anyone (Aarons and/or Tzolis) yet but I imagine we expect to.

I assume this potential Sara deal is the one Bailey was talking about in The Athletic a few days ago as showing the level of our intent this summer, especially in filling the midfield gaps.

What if Davitt is wrong? He is a journalist who currently is isolated away from the club. 

31 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

As Neco Williams has just sold for £17m, surely there's hope for Aarons to hold a price around that figure no?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62081212

Forest defo going for it!

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm actually not bothered if we sign anyone to be honest as watching a few on here and FB go into meltdown at dross like Placheta being moved on and kids out on loan who wouldn't have played much has been quite amusing. If we actually sign just Hayden these people may just explode 😁

The lack of activity is largely due to Webbers appalling transfer activity last year, as we have a bloated squad of indifference.

Good luck Dean Smith - you’ll need it!  

3 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

What if Davitt is wrong? He is a journalist who currently is isolated away from the club. 

They've still broken the news about the potential investment and were first to confirm interest in the Brazilian lad. 

I suspect the Pink Un lads are isolated from Webber, rather than from the club.

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

They've still broken the news about the potential investment and were first to confirm interest in the Brazilian lad. 

I suspect the Pink Un lads are isolated from Webber, rather than from the club.

Well let’s face it, they didn’t exactly hide the Americans. They had them at a game and then booked them into a hotel as ‘Norwich city fc guests’ 😬. If Webber is in charge of budget and he is keeping it close then I see this as speculation.

4 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Thanks for the link.

10,6m Euros is just under £9m. I wonder if a deal has been agreed for Tzolis as it would be almost like for like in terms of money paid.

22 minutes ago, chicken said:

10,6m Euros is just under £9m. I wonder if a deal has been agreed for Tzolis as it would be almost like for like in terms of money paid.

I imagine if the loan thing is true it will be paid at the end of the season to make his loan permanant, but like Gibson only if we go up which you know.. you make a lot of money doing

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I imagine if the loan thing is true it will be paid at the end of the season to make his loan permanant, but like Gibson only if we go up which you know.. you make a lot of money doing

Can't be agreeing a 5 year deal if that was the case though 

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I've heard of him. I know he's one of Man City's perennial loanees who has done the rounds but I've never seen him play.