Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Michael Bailey's article on the Athletic claims he's been injured and returned to running recently. Says he would be back in action "next month". Not exactly ideal. 

De ja vu? 

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yep. We wanted a 24 year old Toby Alderweireld and a 26 year old Toivonen on permanent deals but ended up with a 32 year old Elmander and 33 year old Joseph Yobo, both on loan.

Haha that sounds about right for Norwich 

Signing a player who is injured isn’t necessarily  that big a deal, though he would clearly need a bit of time. to get up to speed.

Sara also missed a month of action last season from early April to early May, and then four consecutive matches from late June to early July. I know the Brazilian calendar is the most congested in world football (Sao Paulo played 70 games in all competitions last season, and that's with quarter final eliminations in both the Brazilian Cup and the Copa Libertadores) but it is a concern, especially as he's currently long term injured.

22 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Yep, as per Connor:

"The midfielder has been absent from the first-team since April through injury however, with an August return expected."

Hmm 🤔 been here before (Normann)?

Seems absolutely perfect for us 😂

37 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Yep, as per Connor:

"The midfielder has been absent from the first-team since April through injury however, with an August return expected."

Hmm 🤔 been here before (Krul)?

Fixed it for you.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Everyone’s favourite second team Brentford  about to spend £19m on a player. 

Hickey?

Mean that as in Aaron Hickey, I'm not offering to kiss you, just to be clear. 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hickey?

Mean that as in Aaron Hickey, I'm not offering to kiss you, just to be clear. 

Indeed, from Bologna. 

51 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Signing a player who is injured isn’t necessarily  that big a deal, though he would clearly need a bit of time. to get up to speed.

In some ways, I wonder if that could work out a bit better? If he's injured he has to take his time, settle in first, warm into training, get used to his surroundings. That may actually afford him a bit of time to get to know the area etc.

Someone aught to tell him we have a heatwave hitting as well, ideal time is to join now... 

42 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

WBA in for Sara too so don't count your chickens!

One.

And I'm NCFC. WBA ain't got no chickens! 

• Haha 2

Gabe Sara Sara, whatever will be will be, From Sao Paolo to our city, Gabe Sara Sara. 

This stuff writes itself 

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Didn't we have to wait a good while for a certain Buendia to get himself sorted?

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Didn't we have to wait a good while for a certain Buendia to get himself sorted?

Exactly this. Look how well that turned out. 

• Like 1

We constantly seem to look at players with poor injury records and then wonder why they can’t play many games! Be nice to sign someone who is fully fit for a change!

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

We constantly seem to look at players with poor injury records and then wonder why they can’t play many games! Be nice to sign someone who is fully fit for a change!

I guess we are fishing in a market around the edges, either they have injuries and we invest trusting our, recruitment team stats, our medical teams advice, or our coaching teams ability to coach and improve players.   If they were ready to play in the Premiership without further work, they would not join us, even if we could afford them.

10 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Some site called nexus reporting Ankaragucu are meeting with Pukki to discuss salary

Turkey is a fountain of **** rumours and this seems to be one of those.

Pukki talked about wanting to play at the higher levels, I don't think a newly promoted team likely to be scrapping at the bottom of the Turkish League fulfils that brief. 

9 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Gabe Sara Sara, whatever will be will be, he's got a bad injury

Que sera sera

Fixed that for you.

We need an attacking midfielder to hit the ground running and immediately gel with Pukki. Really not sure on this one. 

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not too sure that's a higher level club in europe to be honest

Possibly his agent stirring the wages pot?

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Fixed that for you.

We need an attacking midfielder to hit the ground running and immediately gel with Pukki. Really not sure on this one. 

Yeah I’m not 100% on it either, depends how far away he is from playing. Seems like he’ll need a month at least. 

30 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Fixed that for you.

I keep reading this phrase but the reality is that the Championship is contested over 46 games and in both our previous (title winning) seasons we made slow starts.

I can understand people being wary after Normann but footballers are athletes and athletes get injured, he has obviously been scouted and identified as what we need and if he signs will have had a thorough medical. Sounds like an exciting potential piece of recruitment to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I keep reading this phrase but the reality is that the Championship is contested over 46 games and in both our previous (title winning) seasons we made slow starts.

I can understand people being wary after Normann but footballers are athletes and athletes get injured, he has obviously been scouted and identified as what we need and if he signs will have had a thorough medical. Sounds like an exciting potential piece of recruitment to me.

We said that about Tzolis. If we sign someone else in addition then fine, but if he takes time to settle, can't speak the language, can't get fit enough for the rigours of English football etc etc then we may regret it. 

Tbh I'd rather have Normann back.

59 minutes ago, king canary said:

Turkey is a fountain of **** rumours and this seems to be one of those.

Pukki talked about wanting to play at the higher levels, I don't think a newly promoted team likely to be scrapping at the bottom of the Turkish League fulfils that brief. 

I don’t know enough about the Turkish league to say I know much about them, but yes, the media does talk a lot of rubbish

Updated table on the position of the squad vis-a-vis EFL restrictions following the two confirmed departures. Two out mean we now potentially have two named squad places.  Note however this doesn't allow for budgetary considerations!

image.thumb.png.47721d02e3dc6a0085aa4bfa1157875e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

Possibly his agent stirring the wages pot?

Wages aren't the whole issue, it's whether they can pay the £20m transfer fee that we'll need to get a near like for like replacement.

8 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I don’t know enough about the Turkish league to say I know much about them, but yes, the media does talk a lot of rubbish

Turkish fans are also well known for being a tad insane and often link players to clubs just to hope they do join them

• Like 1