Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Webbers Had Enough Of The Local Press

I did put this in another thread. 

But this is worth its own thread.

This is hearsay from the one and only sexybennett.

Once you lose the fans and the local media, it's all over.

Screenshot_20220426-185904_Twitter.jpg

The local press have decided to burn their bridges with Webber. They wouldn’t have done that lightly so assume they think there’s nothing left to lose. My guess is either they think he’s off or there is some bad blood somewhere.

15 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

I did put this in another thread. 

But this is worth its own thread.

This is hearsay from the one and only sexybennett.

Once you lose the fans and the local media, it's all over.

Screenshot_20220426-185904_Twitter.jpg

To quote Ghandi

Fcuk off Webber

• Haha 1

I believe that Webber has made such a mess of recruitment its hard to see how he can possibly turn it  around  and I believe he sees it this way too, so avoiding all questions is the cowards way out and I can see him slipping a note on top of Delia's desk in the middle of the night , on this note he will be stating there's no more money left in the pot and its going to take a few years to sort the mess out, so good night and goodbye PS send my LARGE PAY check by airmail to the top of mount Everest XX😙

Edited by baldy09

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

I believe that Webber has made such a mess of recruitment its hard to see how he can possibly turn it  around  and I believe he sees it this way too, so avoiding all questions is the cowards way out and I can see him slipping a note on top of Delia's desk in the middle of the night , on this note he will be stating there's no more money left in the pot and its going to take a few years to sort the mess out, so good night and goodbye PS send my LARGE PAY check by airmail to the top of mount Everest XX😙

I suspect this won’t be far from the truth

27 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

The local press have decided to burn their bridges with Webber. They wouldn’t have done that lightly so assume they think there’s nothing left to lose. My guess is either they think he’s off or there is some bad blood somewhere.

On the pod they seemed surprised he'd done the interview. Maybe there was an "agreement" Archant would get the first one. This wasn't a football club interview but it turned out to be one if that makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

As far as I am concerned I wish him all the best in his attempt to climb Mount Everest and with his charitable foundation, he can then sod right off out of Norwich City...........

He didn't fancy doing it in his own time then.

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Jesus is Sexy Bennett back again? A broken clock is right more often than them 😂

Pretty sure he or she got fired so not sure where their insider info is coming from now

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

On the pod they seemed surprised he'd done the interview. Maybe there was an "agreement" Archant would get the first one. This wasn't a football club interview but it turned out to be one if that makes sense.

Yes makes sense Nutty. Could very well be right.

Perhaps when Webber reaches the summit of Mount Everest he can see all that raw footballing  talent for miles around , he be in top position to get the first shout for any potential player for   city,

You know what.......................I am honestly beginning to feel sorry for Zoe Ward in this unsavory mess that the clown of a husband of hers has created.

• Like 3

"Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel-load;" Or nowadays control of a social media site...

The sense from Davitt on the Q&A yesterday was that he expected Webber to stay, but this is getting very messy and at the same time a bit silly. To repeat, S&J hate what they see as the good name of the club being besmirched, and this is all rather besmirching.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Jesus is Sexy Bennett back again? A broken clock is right more often than them 😂

They did have the scoop on Zoe Ward joining the board. They clearly have some connection even if it doesn't always seem to be the most reliable.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

"Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel-load;" Or nowadays control of a social media site...

The sense from Davitt on the Q&A yesterday was that he expected Webber to stay, but this is all getting very messy and at the same time a bit silly. To repeat, S&J hate what they see as the good name of the club being besmirched, and this is all rather besmirching.

You can also afford to treat the press and by extension the fans as a nuisance if you're a billionaire. As a self funding club that in the Championship  is very reliant on income from its supporters any damage to that relationship is not something to be tolerated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hairy Canary said:

They’ve been asking to talk to Webber for months and get stonewalled and then he goes and does that piece in the times. No one gives a monkeys about him outside Norfolk anyway, he’s delusional if he thinks he’s part of the national conversation. 

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

this is getting very messy and at the same time a bit silly. To repeat, S&J hate what they see as the good name of the club being besmirched, and this is all rather besmirching.

All feels a little “rogue” . 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You know what.......................I am honestly beginning to feel sorry for Zoe Ward in this unsavory mess that the clown of a husband of hers has created.

Not for me. I would like to know what percentage of the hand on the arm in that picture is personal and what percentage is professional?

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The sense from Davitt on the Q&A yesterday was that he expected Webber to stay, but this is getting very messy and at the same time a bit silly. To repeat, S&J hate what they see as the good name of the club being besmirched, and this is all rather besmirching.

And one of our Directors works for Archant and another is his wife......bet the next Board Meeting is fun!

14 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

And one of our Directors works for Archant and another is his wife......bet the next Board Meeting is fun!

If you mean Stephan Phillips he hasn't worked for Archant for over 10 years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Which is why professional businesses do not have personal relationships within the structure as it causes problems and hampers clear decision making. 

31 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Which is why professional businesses do not have personal relationships within the structure as it causes problems and hampers clear decision making. 

Which unless Nutyo is wrong, is no longer true, so one less thing to get excited about.

That’s the EDPs trip up Everest off then! 

I hope the folks on the sports desk kept the receipt for their mountaineering kit

This is all  very unfortunate, if not a little sad.   People that let their egos get the better of them generally mess up sooner or later and Webber looks to have let his go. Cantwell looks to have done the same this season. 

Webber said he only stayed on because DS/MJW asked him to even though he couldn't fully commit - but he should have just left and he will proably know that now.  Could have left with a little bit of good will on both sides, but that looks difficult now.

Archant have plainly been miffed at his lack of communicating to them, but you can understand how the Times would be a draw for him - national coverage and all that - but he has miscalculated badly and added  to the spat with fans, which was just a bit stupid, doesn't seem he will be here long.

His only out is a decent face to face interview where he can try and put his side of it out there for us all to see and maybe redress the balance, as at the moment his stock is pretty low.

The thing is with Webber, he’s always been abrasive and to be frank come across as a bit of a tw*t but certainly my view is you put up with it because he’s competent and the club was better off with him than without him. 

im no longer sure that is the case after the premier league failures and with the reduced commitment. I think his abrasive nature (and now consequent poor relationship with the fans) is becoming destructive, particularly when combined with Zoe’s growing influence at the club at a time when all behind the scenes does not seem well. 

I think the club needs togetherness going into next season not to be tearing itself apart. 

• Like 1

It's very disappointing really. Whilst I never really took/have taken to Webber I always hoped him (and Ward) would drive real change at NCFC to the extent that an investor sees a real opportunity. Alas that doesn't seem likely and both will leave the club.

There is a way back but there are two huge mountains to climb and football fans never forget.