Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

What an utter shambles

Two years ago Steve Parish, the Palace Chairman said we were a disgrace and should be kicked out of the Prem for not even trying. I think he said something like, 'just taking the money'. Webber didn't give Farke a gun that season, so to a degree I suppose he was right. Having spent (for us) a large wedge of dosh this year, you would think it would be better. Not a bit of it, again we are going down without a whimper. The performances are poor, we look clueless. When the dust settles on this fiasco of a season people will probably be asking why did we spend all the money getting rid of Farke? I don't think the performances could be any worse under him.

There's no fight, passion, desire to win. We almost look a beaten team as soon as we kick off. Today we were outmuscled, outthought and outfought. I really don't know how some of the hierarchy at this club don't feel embarrassed taking their wages

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Like 3

A fish rots from the head. We don’t compete because the attitude at the top doesn’t match our “rather win or die” anthem. It’s just a nice day out surrounded by good friends with a football match in the middle. No ambition, no competitive drive, no fight.

• Like 5

Always been the optimist but I'm moving towards accepting that this is our limit under these owners. Oh well, at least we can compete in the Championship (for the time being).

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Always been the optimist but I'm moving towards accepting that this is our limit under these owners. Oh well, at least we can compete in the Championship (for the time being).

After today’s performance, that is exactly how I’m feeling. Hopefully by the time next seasons EFL starts (July 30th) we will have let off steam & be ready for another slog in the Championship. OTBC

I think Tim Sherwood was right when he said the club, at the top, was happy with the situation. But he also asked what happens if we don't come straight back.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think Tim Sherwood was right when he said the club, at the top, was happy with the situation. But he also asked what happens if we don't come straight back.

Another decade of championship mediocrity I would assume

Certainly our general lack of competitiveness and ambition to compete is a strong argument for the discontinuance of parachute payments. That may give a better chance to other clubs who would value the opportunity to play PL football and have the ambition to stay there. 

14 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Certainly our general lack of competitiveness and ambition to compete is a strong argument for the discontinuance of parachute payments. That may give a better chance to other clubs who would value the opportunity to play PL football and have the ambition to stay there. 

I think discontinuing parachute payments would only confirm beyond doubt rather than the already likelihood of the 3 that go up, come back down.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think discontinuing parachute payments would only confirm beyond doubt rather than the already likelihood of the 3 that go up, come back down.

Unless backed by a very rich benefactor, I concur. So typical of football that people think parachute payments are the issue in the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big O said:

Unless backed by a very rich benefactor, I concur. So typical of football that people think parachute payments are the issue in the game. 

I understand why fans and owners of smaller clubs don't like them but they are a symptom, not the actual issue at the heart of the game.

At this stage I’m not bothered if a new owner has no more wealth than the current majority shareholders. What I am getting increasingly frustrated at is the apparent acceptance from them, in public (interviews etc), of relegation and indifference to actually being in this league. They should be angry and upset at this season but I’m not sure they are. We know we are not a big club but I don’t want to see the majority shareholders basically alluding to the fact that we should be pleased to just be here and if we get relegated then it’s one of those things. The tone comes from the top, and the tone I’m getting is one of very little drive, enthusiasm and belief that we can compete in this division.

Edited by (Hoola)Han Solo
  • Like 6

That 2nd half was a **** take tbh.

This club absolutely stinks.

As many have mentioned; a fish rots from the head down.

It’s amazing that we are so far into the season yet the ‘team’ still play like a bunch of strangers. Something really isn’t right at the moment and I hope there is a quick fix, else we will sit back in the championship for years. 

2 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Two years ago Steve Parish, the Palace Chairman said we were a disgrace and should be kicked out of the Prem for not even trying. I think he said something like, 'just taking the money'. Webber didn't give Farke a gun that season, so to a degree I suppose he was right. Having spent (for us) a large wedge of dosh this year, you would think it would be better. Not a bit of it, again we are going down without a whimper. The performances are poor, we look clueless. When the dust settles on this fiasco of a season people will probably be asking why did we spend all the money getting rid of Farke? I don't think the performances could be any worse under him.

There's no fight, passion, desire to win. We almost look a beaten team as soon as we kick off. Today we were outmuscled, outthought and outfought. I really don't know how some of the hierarchy at this club don't feel embarrassed taking their wages

Wasn't it ex palace chairman Simon Jordan

• Like 1

The PR surrounding the Club is an unmitigated disaster .  Buendia (we were left with no option) , Hotdogs and due diligence , replacing a sacked manager with another sacked manager , not signing anyone in Jan, CantwellGate (the lads not in a place to play football ( Norwich apparently ) ) ,  Football Director decides there  is more to life than Football

and out of nowhere our badge became useless if you wanted to print it really really cheaply 

First went in 1972. Will continue to go . But for out and out cöck ups,  this season is right up there .

(Oh , and the team is absolutely hopeless . )

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 3

Hope we don’t play like this again because we won’t stay in the championship, I can not see Dean smith staying at this club for the start of the season in the championship as he will go to a premier league club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The PR surrounding the Club is an unmitigated disaster .  Buendia (we were left with no option) , Hotdogs and due diligence , replacing a sacked manager with another sacked manager , not signing anyone in Jan, CantwellGate (the lads not in a place to play football ( Norwich apparently ) ) ,  Football Director decides there  is more to life than Football

and out of nowhere our badge became useless if you wanted to print it really really cheaply 

First went in 1972. Will continue to go . But for out and out cöck ups,  this season is right up there .

(Oh , and the team is absolutely hopeless . )

Who gets promoted and sells there best player. Small time club. There was recruitment staff leaving left right and centre before the season had even started.

Just now, Move Klose said:

Who gets promoted and sells there best player. 

Fulham if media reports are to be believed. 

4 minutes ago, For the future said:

Hope we don’t play like this again because we won’t stay in the championship, I can not see Dean smith staying at this club for the start of the season in the championship as he will go to a premier league club.

No he won't. He's Championship at best, sadly us.

Not seeing what he offers that Farke didn't.

• Like 1

If I was the club I would refund the supports there money as this was the worse performance I have ever seen. I hope these players are feeling bad the way they played today .

• Like 1

I think we are now Dean Smith’s clueless army. I don’t see that he has added anything since he arrived. Webber had no plan when he sacked Farke and for that alone he should be fired. This afternoon’s second half was one of the worst I have endured in 50 years of watching Norwich. I think despite the cost we need to replace Smith but I am not sure who with.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

A fish rots from the head. We don’t compete because the attitude at the top doesn’t match our “rather win or die” anthem. It’s just a nice day out surrounded by good friends with a football match in the middle. No ambition, no competitive drive, no fight.

We should wind up the Pink Un Fans Forum Main Discussion page now because this post correctly sums up the club and 100% mirrors what I've been saying for years. The old codgers are not only an embarrassment of the highest order but they have no intention of admitting fresh blood onto the Board. Themselves and Foulger have run this club since 1996 from a shareholding and Board perspective. Players come and go, Managers come and go, CEO's come and go, Finance Directors come and go but these wretched owners carry on unanimously re-elected every few years by Happy Clapper shareholders so NOTHING changes. Indeed the wagons are being drawn ever more tightly round their 'toy' if this years AGM was anything to go by. The Cook contemptuously brushed aside a request for an 'elected fans representative' to sit on the Board on the grounds that ..............'why do we need that when all the Directors are fans anyway'!!. The owners refuse to let anyone new in on the inner workings of NCFC lest they might challenge their authority. This club will only stand a chance of real progression once these dinosaurs are removed but unfortunately there are far too many disciples to allow that to happen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, For the future said:

I can not see Dean smith staying at this club for the start of the season in the championship as he will go to a premier league club.

Given the history of various teams' improved results after his departure, there may not be a queue of PL teams banging at the door. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me to see him go to one of the top Championships sides next season.

Much will depend on how much say he is given in the makeup of next years' squad.

5 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Two years ago Steve Parish, the Palace Chairman said we were a disgrace and should be kicked out of the Prem for not even trying. I think he said something like, 'just taking the money'.

Errm, that was Simon Jordan, on Talksport about 3 months ago.

He did once own Crystal Palace, but his ownership came to an end 12 years ago.

Steve Parish has said no such thing, just in the interests of accuracy, because, well, facts etc. 

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing out the inaccurate quotes. I read this with surprise as my impression of Parish is he is a sensible guy, and would not go along with the rot that the usual suspects on here regurgitate like clones. 

• Like 1

Apologies for the inaccuracies regarding the quote, I did write this fresh from watching that shower this afternoon, and should have checked the facts more accurately

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1