Sign in to follow this  
SwearyCanary

Aarons linked with a move

Yes it is the Sun but allegedly Utd, Dortmund and Arsenal having a sniff. I love Max but I don’t think he is essential to our plans so with the model we have we surely have to listen to offers. 

I think above all, he has earned the move. No moaning, threats to down tools, demands to leave like Todd and Buendia - he's consistently given his all to this club. If this is his last season in yellow and green, he should be applauded out the door by all fans of this club.

• Like 31

I thought the point of the premiership payments was help you keep your best players...oh well!

Anyway, I agree WHEN we do sell him I will applaud him for his service & attitude and wish him well.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I think above all, he has earned the move. No moaning, threats to down tools, demands to leave like Todd and Buendia - he's consistently given his all to this club. If this is his last season in yellow and green, he should be applauded out the door by all fans of this club.

Totally agree. You can’t fault a player for having ambition and wanting to make the most of their career and play at the best level they can and win what they can.

Aarons has always done his absolute best for Norwich and if he has the chance, should be totally supported by fans and the club to move on.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I thought the point of the premiership payments was help you keep your best players...oh well!

Relegation is a financial cliff, that's why they are called parachute payments.

Players and their agents are the ones who decide if they can take the financial hit of relegation, the clubs just get the best deal possible when it happens.

• Haha 1

Aarons would better suit a team that's in possession and on the front foot. Not surprised that decent teams are looking at him. And as others have said (and indeed I've said myself), when a player has consistently shown a very mature and professional approach, consistently tried their best in matches, consistently made damn sure they're ready to do so when called upon, then he's more than earned a chance at a higher level of club.

If these rumours are true and come to fruition, it'll be "very well done, Max, you have your wings now, now go and fly!"

I just want him to go to a decent team where he can continue to grow, win things and play regularly. I feel sad for Jamal, rushed his move and ended up at the worst possible position. 

• Like 1

I'm expecting him to go this summer - I believe the majority of us are. I think he deserves to move if he wants to considering he was still a teenager when he became first choice and he's also been linked to Liverpool and West Ham in the past, though I'd be surprised to see him go to one of the big 6

• Like 1

Max leaving is on the cards as he has shown his loyalty in our most recent relegation and he derserves his reward for that.

He seems a very level-headed young man. He will have spoken to, and seen the careers of, his former youth team mates and peers and will know if it’s time to move on or stay. He may feel the club is moving in the right direction and want stay - the grass is not always greener. 

Like everyone else (it seems) I applaud his professionalism and feel that he has earned regular Premier League football.

As a club it would be good for us if this progression were to a top club rather than take the first move coming like some others have done - it would demonstrate the benefits of patience. With two years left on his contract, I believe, I think that it is our interests to push a move now as well. If I were his agent, I would advise against signing another contract and we would run the risk of him leaving very cheaply or free. 

I think that it is one of those instances when a transfer suits everybody. We could use the money raised to buy a striker.

It is our model to sell. He is the next asset in line. This may well be as much our politely touting him as him requesting anything. 

He looks like good, competitive back up for a top club. More a Lewis move than a Buendia one. 

Parma 

23 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

It is our model to sell. He is the next asset in line. This may well be as much our politely touting him as him requesting anything. 

He looks like good, competitive back up for a top club. More a Lewis move than a Buendia one. 

Parma 

Agree with the first line, disagree with the second.

I think we underrate him here and I think he'll be a solid starter for most clubs in the top half of the Premier League. I'm not so sure as I was that he'll go right to the very top but I think he still could in the right environment.

You may be right @king canary, I certainly don’t underrate him, though I think he suits a team perennially on top with a focus on regularly breaking the lines. 

He is weak in the air, susceptible at the back post and can be caught out of position. He is not always instinctively aware of what to do in transitions. Any analyst will already know this.

He is a fans player because he will shine when you are on top. These are the memories that stick. Analysts tend to tattoo the opposite.

There are not so many teams across Europe that fit the above criteria. Hence any good salesman would link to such teams. 

‘Truth and illusion George’

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Yes it is the Sun but allegedly Utd, Dortmund and Arsenal having a sniff. I love Max but I don’t think he is essential to our plans so with the model we have we surely have to listen to offers. 

100% I can see him at Dortmund, they are in need of a right back.

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

This thread seems too valedictory in style for me.  Enjoy him while you can! 😉

Post of the day for being the first ever to use the word 'valedictory' on this forum. 

Thank God for Google (apart from the tax thing obviously) 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Post of the day for being the first ever to use the word 'valedictory' on this forum. 

KGD may have sonething to say about that! 

Just now, Greavsy said:

KGD may have sonething to say about that! 

FFS Greavsy😂 As I clicked the post button I thought I might regret it. Sorry KG🙄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

You may be right @king canary, I certainly don’t underrate him, though I think he suits a team perennially on top with a focus on regularly breaking the lines. 

He is weak in the air, susceptible at the back post and can be caught out of position. He is not always instinctively aware of what to do in transitions. Any analyst will already know this.

He is a fans player because he will shine when you are on top. These are the memories that stick. Analysts tend to tattoo the opposite.

There are not so many teams across Europe that fit the above criteria. Hence any good salesman would link to such teams. 

‘Truth and illusion George’

Parma 

Yeah I largely agree. As time goes on he can improve his awareness, but he can't change his height. He's certainly more suited to playing on the front foot though.

I guess my issue is with the idea of him being a 'Jamal Lewis' type signing as a backup for his next team- I think Lewis is likely destined for a career yo-yoing between the championship and the Premier League. My feeling is Aarons is much more likely to be a regular starter at a Leicester or Arsenal type team.

We ain’t getting £30m for him that’s for sure. Anything near £20m including add ons would be good. Cracking pro who every fan here has respect for though. 

44 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah I largely agree. As time goes on he can improve his awareness, but he can't change his height. He's certainly more suited to playing on the front foot though.

I guess my issue is with the idea of him being a 'Jamal Lewis' type signing as a backup for his next team- I think Lewis is likely destined for a career yo-yoing between the championship and the Premier League. My feeling is Aarons is much more likely to be a regular starter at a Leicester or Arsenal type team.

Let me clarify. The ‘Lewis scenario’ applies to a move to a top club matching the criteria above. I do not believe he would expect to walk straight in.

A lesser top level team comes under more pressure, attacks less, can be open less, tries to break the lines less…

These teams tend to favour other kinds of player. Thus it is top level and ‘compete with another’ or the lower teams won’t pay what we would want….unless we have dropped our price…

Parma

12 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma 

Parma,

do you not think he has another couple of levels in him? I think he is the perfect age with 150 plus games under his belt. I think going to a club with better players would help him get even better. If they are interested, Dortmund would be a great move