Bradwell canary

Cantwell on the bench again…..

I will welcome him back. Just needs sorting out whatever the problem is. I would rather have a fit him in our midfield than the group we have now.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I may be wrong but wasn't there some sort of commitment by Bournemouth that they would buy Cantwell for £11m if they went up ?

I’m not sure if that was a commitment to buy, or a commitment to a price if they did buy?

• Like 1

I thought it was an option to buy if Bournemouth went up, not a commitment. Well he hasn't even played last few games, so hasn't made any sort of impact on Parker, so I'd be surprised if they wanted to part with £11m

A break might have done him good, and not even getting played by 3rd manager this season "might" buck his ideas up. We know he could play a big part for us if he comes back, but that's a "big" if, and he seriously needs to put the effort in

4 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I want him back. He’s a great talent that just needs to find his spark and we should help him do that

His time here is done and over. You won't be seeing him playing for us again.

You've got to really question how good you are when Ryan Christie is in the side ahead of you.

8 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I thought it was an option to buy if Bournemouth went up, not a commitment. Well he hasn't even played last few games, so hasn't made any sort of impact on Parker, so I'd be surprised if they wanted to part with £11m

A break might have done him good, and not even getting played by 3rd manager this season "might" buck his ideas up. We know he could play a big part for us if he comes back, but that's a "big" if, and he seriously needs to put the effort in

You are correct, it's an option not an obligation 

Todd’s had his early summer holiday down on the south coast. Time to come back and show us the tan. Someone has to try and replace the world class midfield talents of Billy G, and why not our Todd? 

55 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

His time here is done and over. You won't be seeing him playing for us again.

You've got to really question how good you are when Ryan Christie is in the side ahead of you.

Agreed - like I said we need to forget him and the ridiculous media coverage he gets. Get rid now. 

Had the talent, just needs to fix his head. In the champs he could play as a ten and just give him a free role. Would certainly help pukki out. If he sorts his head he's a far better option than dowell.

Great so we lose Buendia and Cantwell and end up with a midfield of PLM, Rupp and effing McLean.

I cannot wait.

Nope, don’t want to see him in a green and yellow kit ever again. Even if he changed his agent and suddenly matured into an adult he would still have the same spoilt, entitled attitude which makes him unpickable.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Canario said:

Had the talent, just needs to fix his head. In the champs he could play as a ten and just give him a free role. Would certainly help pukki out. If he sorts his head he's a far better option than dowell.

In no world is Cantwell a player I would play as a 10 and expect anything other than huge disappointment. Our midfield is poor, so so poor. But all of them walk into the team ahead of Cantwell. We are basing all his praise on about 5 good games and some over excited pundits. He had one purple patch for about 5 games in a season where he was so bad in the second half he was compared as being as creative as Christoph Zimmerman. He had a very vanilla season in the championship afterwards, where he clung into Buendia’s class and some of the credit got mistakenly put his way. He then lost this with Buendia’s sale and has been found out BIG TIME. If we had sold him a few years ago when he was nowhere near the level of Godfrey or Lewis who went for decent money (not good value for the buyers!) then it would’ve been the biggest con of our existence and we’d be laughing. As it is if we scrape a few million for him then that’s what he is worth. It’s what he always was worth so I don’t see it as a loss of a £20 million player, just a missed chance to sell him as one to a club with deep enough pockets to pay that kind of cash 

Do the club really want to extend a player who doesn't want to be here, probably isn't in the managers plans,  who is no doubt disruptive to the team, and is also on high wages?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cantwell is only at Bournemouth as cover. They have better players than him. He's just there as insurance to ensure they get promotion over the line.

He'll be back here next season as we'll trigger the contract extension.

I fear We'll have to. 

13 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

Do the club really want to extend a player who doesn't want to be here, probably isn't in the managers plans,  who is no doubt disruptive to the team, and is also on high wages?

He isn't on high wages, he's on frankly pathetic wages compared to what his other twice-promoted colleagues are on.

The manager is terrible and might not be here.

He might have realised the grass isn't greener and would rather play for us than sit on anyone else's bench. No way is he getting a Premier League move and we wouldn't sell to a rival.

Only a wayward child should expect to have as many chances as Cantwell has had.

The scrapheap beckons and good riddance to him.

Some, against popular view, could see Cantwell was a massively overrated player from the outset. He came into the Norwich first team around December 2018 and helped turn a game around against Rotherham. He benefitted from an introduction to a side full of flair and creativity and one always on the front foot. 

However, after Emi was suspended against QPR, Cantwell came in for a 'like for like' replacement and we instantly struggled. Scraping a point away to Wigan. In the EPL Cantwell started the season well, as did Norwich. But as soon as Norwich faded, so did he. People point to his goal scoring record, but that papered over his limitations. When Norwich needed a a player to stand up and drag them over the line, Cantwell never demonstrated an ability to do this. I'll give him the Everton way performance as an exception. 

Back in the Championship, he did well. But again, he benefitted from playing in a team always on the front foot and dominant. Yes Cantwell was part of  making that happen, but it was clear to anyone looking objectively that Buendia was the architect to this. 

This season, back in the EPL, but without Buendia, Cantwell has looked a fraud. His performance against Southampton at home was horrendous. 

The reason he got so much game time for Norwich was to build a saleable asset. From a stats perspective, and the fact he was young and English, made him valuable. Stats are great at hiding the flaws.  The club nearly pulled it off too. Had Covid not hit, would have probably gotten away with day light robbery selling for circa £15 million in the summer of 2020. 

Bournemouth took a low risk gamble based on his 19-21 stats, and quickly realised his flaws. Cantwell is finished at at a level higher than mid Championship IMO. I actually think he'll find himself in League one before long, and at that level, I think he'll look a decent player. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

He isn't on high wages, he's on frankly pathetic wages compared to what his other twice-promoted colleagues are on.

The manager is terrible and might not be here.

He might have realised the grass isn't greener and would rather play for us than sit on anyone else's bench. No way is he getting a Premier League move and we wouldn't sell to a rival.

What is his wages? Can you show me where you got this information.

17 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Some, against popular view, could see Cantwell was a massively overrated player from the outset. He came into the Norwich first team around December 2018 and helped turn a game around against Rotherham. He benefitted from an introduction to a side full of flair and creativity and one always on the front foot. 

However, after Emi was suspended against QPR, Cantwell came in for a 'like for like' replacement and we instantly struggled. Scraping a point away to Wigan. In the EPL Cantwell started the season well, as did Norwich. But as soon as Norwich faded, so did he. People point to his goal scoring record, but that papered over his limitations. When Norwich needed a a player to stand up and drag them over the line, Cantwell never demonstrated an ability to do this. I'll give him the Everton way performance as an exception. 

Back in the Championship, he did well. But again, he benefitted from playing in a team always on the front foot and dominant. Yes Cantwell was part of  making that happen, but it was clear to anyone looking objectively that Buendia was the architect to this. 

This season, back in the EPL, but without Buendia, Cantwell has looked a fraud. His performance against Southampton at home was horrendous. 

The reason he got so much game time for Norwich was to build a saleable asset. From a stats perspective, and the fact he was young and English, made him valuable. Stats are great at hiding the flaws.  The club nearly pulled it off too. Had Covid not hit, would have probably gotten away with day light robbery selling for circa £15 million in the summer of 2020. 

Bournemouth took a low risk gamble based on his 19-21 stats, and quickly realised his flaws. Cantwell is finished at at a level higher than mid Championship IMO. I actually think he'll find himself in League one before long, and at that level, I think he'll look a decent player. 

Whisper it quietly but Dowell had better contributions per start last season than him. People forget Dowell is a talent in the Championship.

48 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Whisper it quietly but Dowell had better contributions per start last season than him. People forget Dowell is a talent in the Championship.

The longer they don't play the better they get.

Dowell? ............... no!

18 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Looks like he's having second thoughts. Perhaps with the loan players leaving in the summer he may come back 

Screenshot_20220409-171152_Gmail.thumb.jpg.bb90442a43167f1f37201fc81ff6ba21.jpg

"I've got a lot of heart for Norwich"

He even speaks like he's using Instagram.

The word is 'love'. Not a ♥

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

What is his wages? Can you show me where you got this information.

from memory When he first broke into team i heard it was very low around the 2k a week mark with a lot of bonuses like 1st team games wins etc ,i then thought he signed a contract which brought him up to 1st team money 

like i said i am pretty sure that is what i heard when he broke into team 

Edited by norfolkngood

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

from memory When he first broke into team i heard it was very low around the 2k a week mark with a lot of bonuses like 1st team games wins etc ,i then thought he signed a contract which brought him up to 1st team money 

like i said i am pretty sure that is what i heard when he broke into team 

But he signed a new contract.

7 hours ago, Unhinged Canary said:

"I've got a lot of heart for Norwich"

He even speaks like he's using Instagram.

The word is 'love'. Not a ♥

Seems he's realised he might not get bought by Bournemouth, so suddenly he loves Norwich all over again. 

8 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Seems he's realised he might not get bought by Bournemouth, so suddenly he loves Norwich all over again. 

Sorry but he's an idiot, because he could have played in the best league in the world this season, yet chose not to put the effort in.

Timely words from him this week, as if he's finally realised he needs to do some bridge building and humble pie.

Worryingly, Yet Parker is now the 3rd manager in a season, and at a lower level, that doesn't fancy him. Do we want him back?

23 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Great so we lose Buendia and Cantwell and end up with a midfield of PLM, Rupp and effing McLean.

I cannot wait.

Is that the same 'effing McLean' who the fans rose to at least twice, probably three times in the game due to his commitment and all round effort whilst some others ambled around??

7 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

But he signed a new contract.

yes like i said he signed a new contract that brought him level with first team