Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Final nail in the coffin ?

And the guy who scored the winner shouldn’t have been on the pitch. Couldn’t make it up!

but these teams all have a determination about them and desperation to stay in this league that we seem to lack.

• Like 3

We were relegated in October.

We absolutely deserve to be where we are. Could you ever see us coming back from 2-0 down away from home and winning a vital game? We are absolutely toothless, spineless, the whole lot.

The most embarrassing season in the club's history.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

And the guy who scored the winner shouldn’t have been on the pitch. Couldn’t make it up!

but these teams all have a determination about them and desperation to stay in this league that we seem to lack.

Agree. A friend of mine said we’d never see a performance like that out of us and he’s right.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Leeds winning 3-2 at Wolves tonight after being 2-0 down surely confirms our fate with nine games to go.

You won't find me disagreeing with that.  I've seen nothing that suggests we have what it takes to win six or seven of our last nine games, which is what it would probably take to stay up from here.

Just now, lake district canary said:

You won't find me disagreeing with that.  I've seen nothing that suggests we have what it takes to win six or seven of our last nine games, which is what it would probably take to stay up from here.

It’s been a while coming Lakey but good to see you’ve finally seen the light 😀

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

We were relegated in October.

We absolutely deserve to be where we are. Could you ever see us coming back from 2-0 down away from home and winning a vital game? We are absolutely toothless, spineless, the whole lot.

Agree with this

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh Webber where are you, let's be aving you...

C'mon cc , he's out celebrating 🍾 his wife's promotion and all that extra money flowing into the household. Busy man just now counting all that money Norwich 💰 pay them. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh Webber where are you, let's be aving you...

Webber is untouchable he signed Pukki once upon a time.

Definitely over as was generally expected at the start of the season by the pundits Norwich are going down . This season has to be one of the worst for many years 

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Leeds winning 3-2 at Wolves tonight after being 2-0 down surely confirms our fate with nine games to go.

Let’s hope they aren’t as bad as the last time we were in this Division

How many nails does this coffin have? Personally I had us cremated in August as soon as Emi was sold and replaced with a bunch of losers 😆

• Like 2

Wolves 2-0 up and get a man sent off with 40 mins left in the game, Leeds come back to win 3-2.

A bang out of form Newcastle side get a man set off at 0-0 on 15 mins and we huff and puff, create absolutely nothing, go a goal down on 75 mins then manage to scrape a draw. Some thought that was an acceptable result 😆

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 4

Makes you question if Smith is actually any good as a coach, Villa we’re three places and three points ahead of us under Smith, Gerrard has them 19 points ahead of us now! Yes as much as I hate it the bottom three can only catch Everton and they’ve just had their first win of late, couple more wins will see them safe too!

• Like 1

After 29 games, we're 4 points worse off than in the 2019-2010 season and 2 points further adrift from safety... and I thought that that was a disastrous season !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

I mean, it’s been terrible, but we never even played top flight football until 1972 and we had to apply for re-election to the football league 4 times. It’s also not exactly outside living memory when we got relegated from the league below.

I’m as disappointed as anyone but Christ…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I mean, it’s been terrible, but we never even played top flight football until 1972 and we had to apply for re-election to the football league 4 times. It’s also not exactly outside living memory when we got relegated from the league below.

I’m as disappointed as anyone but Christ…

Different times, different circumstances!

Ipswich like to go on and on about their history too!

We do not have the fight in us. Now if skipping and pointing got points we would be in Europe. 

This season has been a capitulation of the worst kind. Never shown desire just little ol Norwich, happy to be in the big boys league. 

Big rebuild needed next season, get back to bringing youth through and hopefully not promoted for at least 3 years so that the pain of this season’s no show can fade. 

We are stuck with the Delia family dynasty so best crack on with our delt hand  

I do not want us to bounce straight back  

Dean Smith can go as he is not and was never a solution  

Now 4 relegations from the last 4 seasons in the Premier League.....and each one progressively worse.

The club isnt geared up for competing at this level and yet the owners just carry on regardless . 

The fans are mugs for allowing this to carry on

• Like 3

The wolves red card was an utter joke as well. Not that we needed any help but the gods/refs really have conspired to finish us off in the last two weeks. 

Didn't even know Leeds were playing last night, that's how disinterested I've got with it all 😂. On a serious note that result means **** all to us, we're 8 points adrift so we've already been relegated so on that note I don't want to see anyone, loan player or other that the club knows won't be here next season playing again, and for starters Rowe must be the first name on the team sheet. 

5 hours ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Different times, different circumstances!

Ipswich like to go on and on about their history too!

The guy I quoted said it was “the most embarrassing season in the club’s HISTORY”. 

Take your Ipswich nonsense up with him. 

Bad season all round. Its not the the losing, just how city have been losing. No fight, no spirit a total shambles.

Let's be honest this season has been an unmitigated disaster, on and off the pitch.

It's much worse than the 2019/20 humiliation and the club seems in a worse state in terms of coach, squad and leadership.

• Like 1

Blimey, there must be more nail than coffin by now. Let's face it, the high hopes some of us built up were dashed pretty early on (I was dumb enough to take the 'generous' odds and have a small flutter on a top half finish!). We might have expected to lose those early matches but our lack of quality and ineffective tactics were loud and clear. With the exception of the first few games under Smith, there was sadly no point in the season when you could really get excited about an escape. It's been truly dire, descending into what looks like a total absence of a playing philosophy/strategy. I'm looking forward to next season! 

• Like 1

Leeds had to make 3 subs before H/T,and lost their keeper thru injury! Can't stand Leeds,but fair play to them.If that was us we would have fell apart and got destroyed. But its ok,pointy,wavy arm man has asked the team to look in the mirror and not go down without a fight!!!!!! ............

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The guy I quoted said it was “the most embarrassing season in the club’s HISTORY”. 

Take your Ipswich nonsense up with him. 

I don't think he's far off to be honest. 

Can't speak for the entire history of the club but personally I've found this season more embarrassing than our relegation to League One. Sure that team was worse but in the context that we've been whipping boys for the second premier league season in a row and become a national joke, this one has been right up there.

• Like 5