Sign in to follow this  
Jsim1986

West Ham game off!!

Until this latest wave of Covid and infections has peaked I can't see there being much of a football schedule. Unless they're going to take footballers away from their families over Christmas and put them in a bubble.

This is just the tip of the ice berg.

Surprised they seem to be suggesting injuries were also a factor for us. Bit of a slippery slope if so. Pleased the game is off though. 

It is going to be the only break we get this season.  Surprised injuries permitted us to cancel.

Am surprised Karen Brady hasn’t thrown her oar in yet.

If you live in a country with a nut job leader, you won’t ever live a life resembling pre-Covid. Instead all you’ll get is scaremongering scenarios of a dystopian future. 

You only have to look at Brazil and ourselves for an example of that.

Edited by KernowCanary

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I can go and watch my local rugby team with impunity now.

Who am I kidding, I wasn't going anyway 😁

I was going on a road trip (🍻) to watch my rugby team 😉  , but that has now been called off 😞 

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Cool, day of watching the darts instead. 

good idea

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Scientists living in their ivory towers loving every minute of all this I bet.

Yeah, those scientists. They’re the ones to blame for all of this. 🤔

• Like 4

They’re not to blame, but could at least offer us some sign of hope and optimism, rather than putting forward their doom and gloom dystopian predictions all the time.

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

They’re not to blame, but could at least offer us some sign of hope and optimism, rather than putting forward their doom and gloom dystopian predictions all the time.

Perhaps it's the only way they can get politicians around the world to implement unpopular measures that just may prevent the total collapse of healthcare systems, and save hundreds of thousands of lives. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

What an immensely stupid thing to say.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

You really don't understand how science works do you? Their job is to look at data, evidence, trends etc and come up with suggestions for how the problem should be tackled. This is turn gathers further evidence (have the implemented changes made things better or not) with which to refine the original plan.

They are not there to offer false hope or optimism (or be unduly pessimistic for that matter) but to tell it how it is. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Yeah, bl00dy scientists refusing to wave a magic wand and make everything ok again. 😡  Like that Michael Gove said, we’ve had enough of experts. 🙈

410BD299-BDC8-4645-90F4-BC3F9DBAEF1A.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

You should listen to UEA's Paul Hunter, he's an infections expert and is quite reassuring.

• Like 1

I think the government are playing the “we’re not SAYING lockdown but… yeah… lockdown”

so probably behind closed doors again for a bit I reckon

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I think the government are playing the “we’re not SAYING lockdown but… yeah… lockdown”

so probably behind closed doors again for a bit I reckon

If you cannot field a team because of covid related issues with players and staff playing behind closed dorrs will not solve the problem clubs are currently experiencing.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you cannot field a team because of covid related issues with players and staff playing behind closed dorrs will not solve the problem clubs are currently experiencing.

Well, there’s that as well I guess lol

Not a good look packing out stadiums though and that will only get worse PR wise in the coming days

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Not a good look packing out stadiums though and that will only get worse PR wise in the coming days

Football must go on, remember it's good for peoples mental health that's what we were told last season........ 

23 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Football must go on, remember it's good for peoples mental health that's what we were told last season........ 

Perhaps it was good for our mental health last season but not this season, certainly not against Aston Villa.

• Haha 1

Good,hope the players get better and the other ones can do training or do they have a good rest and when everyone is well and back to playing again start winning some games as you get good wages.

Another interesting point is that c. 25% of Premier League players are thought to be unvaccinated (possibly more are not fully vaccinated). Those players will automatically have to isolate for 10 days under the current  NHS protocols, even if they have no symptoms or test negative. So, that's a considerable pool of players who could potentially be unavailable.  

Growing number seem to be making themselves unavailable as they feel unwell but have not tested positive.

Makes you wonder if testing isn't working quite as well as it should.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Growing number seem to be making themselves unavailable as they feel unwell but have not tested positive.

Makes you wonder if testing isn't working quite as well as it should.

Or seasonal flu is doing the rounds?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Whoever’s mental health it’s good for clearly doesn’t support Norwich.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I can go and watch my local rugby team with impunity now.

Who am I kidding, I wasn't going anyway 😁

Even my rugby has now been cancelled 😮

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

How about a game between the scientists and Government advisers on Christmas Day?

Let's get that Masi guy to be the ref(Blows whistle awards a penalty for a foul in the centre circle then declares it's now golden goal)

Edited by KiwiScot

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

If they play behind closed doors again, that would mean restaurants/ night clubs etc closing again , ie another lockdown. I don’t see that happening