Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell has a message for us Norwich faithful

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

All the more reason why he should stop the social media. Unprofessional.

Agreed but don’t understand why that person posted it as though it was a recent post. It’s an old post. 

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

I love how he can post one thing and folks here are:

"HE'S SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!"
"HE THINKS HE'S BIGGER THAN THE CLUB!"
"HE'S CLEARLY GOT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES!"
"SELL HIM! HE'S THE PROBLEM!"
"INSTAGRAM IS FOR 15/16 YEAR OLD GIRLS!"

One picture, with his dog, who he's playing with - with the words "playing no games".

Folks should take a look at themselves. These comments say more about those making them than him, if one post can send a fair chunk of folks on here into a melt-down, dare I say, bunch of "snowflakes"...? 

The only one having a meltdown, rather ironically is you 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

I love how he can post one thing and folks here are:

"HE'S SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!"
"HE THINKS HE'S BIGGER THAN THE CLUB!"
"HE'S CLEARLY GOT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES!"
"SELL HIM! HE'S THE PROBLEM!"
"INSTAGRAM IS FOR 15/16 YEAR OLD GIRLS!"

One picture, with his dog, who he's playing with - with the words "playing no games".

Folks should take a look at themselves. These comments say more about those making them than him, if one post can send a fair chunk of folks on here into a melt-down, dare I say, bunch of "snowflakes"...? 

Its bizarre. And it appears none of the critics even bother to do some basic research and look at when the post was, the same suspects just dive in head first and hope for the best.

• Like 2

Just now, hogesar said:

Its bizarre. And it appears none of the critics even bother to do some basic research and look at when the post was, the same suspects just dive in head first and hope for the best.

Even though it is two weeks old, that kind of makes it worse. "Not playing games, ha ha ha" in the middle of a lay off (for whatever reason) does not look good.

7 minutes ago, Star55 said:

Agreed but don’t understand why that person posted it as though it was a recent post. It’s an old post. 

I think that it's called ....attention-seeking 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

cantwell.png

We don't know this was aimed at City fans and we can't be sure what it means. Does he mean playing no games with the dog or playing no games for NCFC. If it does mean the latter I think the laughing emoji is inappropriate. Could be something or nothing but in any case DS will do the right thing by NCFC not Todd Cantwell

Edited by Mullet

I think the negative reaction in this thread is probably more to do with the fact he's fallen out with management twice in just over 12 months.

The fact he likes to signpost these episodes with cryptic childish nonsense on social media (yes I know this is an older post), probably doesn't help. Post what you want on social media Todd but please keep the football related parts professional (you know the stuff about the job you're contracted to and paid extremely well for). 

But the evidence is there now, and its hardly a glowing reference of dedication and professionalism, is it? 

I've backed him to the hilt on here. I was fully behind him during all the personal issues, back problems and whatever else was his issue over the past couple of months. But its now pretty clear to me that he's let the club down. Again. 

Unless we really want to believe that Farke was just treating him badly for no good reason. Yes there are two sides to every story, but the most simple question to ask is; would Farke have dropped a player who's a competent addition to the team and also 100% committed to the cause? Absolutely f*cking not. And we know Todd meets the former, so where does that leave us? 

As a Dereham lad coming through the ranks of the academy, with bags of flair and a great work rate on the pitch, he has everything to be a club legend. 

Its up to him now to make it all back up under a fresh slate. I sincerely hope he does that as he's a huge asset to the team and has been one of my favourite players in the past few seasons. I don't think there's any chance we could stay up without him coming good.

But god forbid anyone for being a bit frustrated with him, or for feeling let down by a player who is meant to be 'one of our own', its just middle aged old men going at him for having long hair and posting on social media isn't it!

Fingers crossed he's actually arsed about it under the next manager, 'ey? 🤞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indy said:

It’s not like he’s 17…..at 23 I was working offshore as a lead engineer well testing! Really does need to sort his priorities out and knuckle down. The lads got the potential to be a top class player, shame he doesn’t have the family & friends to help him focus on importance of being humble and to be the best you can be, both as a person and in your work.

Interesting you say that though, I've met his parents a couple of times and they are genuinely down to earth and humble people themselves.

His mum was actually saying she sometimes still can't believe seeing him out there playing at that level.

Nice people. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markdmhoward said:

Interesting you say that though, I've met his parents a couple of times and they are genuinely down to earth and humble people themselves.

His mum was actually saying she sometimes still can't believe seeing him out there playing at that level.

Nice people. 

So what’s your thoughts on his attitude and performance then? If they’re genuinely down to earth, I’d hope his dad might just have a word in his shell like! Just to give him a little nudge as he’s got the potential!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

So what’s your thoughts on his attitude and performance then? If they’re genuinely down to earth, I’d hope his dad might just have a word in his shell like! Just to give him a little nudge as he’s got the potential!

Mate I have no opinions on their potential parenting..

Just making the point that they seemed nice and normal! 

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

Potential? He's 23, needs to deliver the goods. 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I may be a bit thick, but can anyone explain what he actually is saying or trying to get across? 

He's playing games, I guess. (Ambiguous reference to the dog and/or himself). I think it's clever. 

Edited by Budapest Canary

We don't know what's gone on, but either he gets back on board immediately or we sell. We can't afford prima donnas in our position.

We probably won't get much for him since he seems to have attitude problems, but that's better than having a poisonous influence in the club.

Just a bit of perspective needed here don’t you think?

There's been stuff posted about his sexuality, gender issues, mental health problems, fall outs with Farke and punch ups with Gilmore. Pretty much all of it without any substance and certainly without evidence. Then when the guy posts a pic about playing with his dog someone decides to resurrect it from two weeks ago and it causes a huge negative reaction.

If someone posted false stuff about me on line, like Todd has had to face, I’d react much more negativity than the way he has.

Keep poking the guy with a stick and then get all angry and indignant when he reacts!

Edited by Hairy Canary
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Cantwell is a couple of months younger than Marcus Rashford but the gap in attitude and maturity can be measured in years, no matter what he's been through recently he needs to quickly realise how lucky he is and stop behaving like a child.

7 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Just a bit of perspective needed here don’t you think?

Theres been stuff posted about his sexuality, gender issues, mental health problems, fall outs with Farke and punch ups with Gilmore. Pretty much all of it without any substance and certainly without evidence. Then when the guy posts a pic about playing with his job someone decides to resurrect it from two weeks ago and it causes a huge negative reaction.

If someone posted false stuff about me on line, like Todd has had to face, I’d react much more negativity than the way he has.

Keep poking the guy with a stick and then get all angry and indignant when he reacts!

Yes but no one is complaining about a reaction to personal negative tripe spouted on various media, we’re suggesting that he starts to train like a 23 year old professional player and earn his wages. When he’s not making much effort to pay back his employers he’s open to reactions like this thread when he posts this.

Time to move on, stop these daft media posts which many can’t really understand his point and get back to focusing on football. As I’ve said he’s a talented lad, but not in media!

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

We don't know what's gone on, but either he gets back on board immediately or we sell. We can't afford prima donnas in our position.

We probably won't get much for him since he seems to have attitude problems, but that's better than having a poisonous influence in the club.

To be honest I think he will work his socks off now. Even if he does want to leave in January or when his contract ends. He hasn’t really done much this season to sell himself so a lot of clubs will be hesitant about buying him. I think he will be back in training and ready to go judging by his Instagram post a few days ago, he says he is ‘fully focused, believe me’ we’re his words, So I think he will be in training this week. 

• Like 1

Social media in general is ridiculous, but I'm not entirely sure how to interpret his post? Doesn't have enough context to me, people seem to be flying off the handle for no apparent reason.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

The only one having a meltdown, rather ironically is you 

Not having a melt down at all. Just mocking the hell out of a bunch of fools with far too much time on their hands desperately trying to read into a two week old picture that was presented as being new.

Not in the slightest bit melting down unlike others on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not having a melt down at all. Just mocking the hell out of a bunch of fools with far too much time on their hands desperately trying to read into a two week old picture that was presented as being new.

Not in the slightest bit melting down unlike others on here.

Second melt.....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Even though it is two weeks old, that kind of makes it worse. "Not playing games, ha ha ha" in the middle of a lay off (for whatever reason) does not look good.

He is a young kid and one of our best players.. I'd rather we get behind him and get him enjoying his game than telling him what he can and can not do off the pitch. Luckily we have a man manager now who will ignore the "noise" and do what's best for the player and club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Yes but no one is complaining about a reaction to personal negative tripe spouted on various media, we’re suggesting that he starts to train like a 23 year old professional player and earn his wages. When he’s not making much effort to pay back his employers he’s open to reactions like this thread when he posts this.

Time to move on, stop these daft media posts which many can’t really understand his point and get back to focusing on football. As I’ve said he’s a talented lad, but not in media!

Ok, couple of things.

Where have you got the idea that he hasn't been training properly? 

What on earth does a daft social media post, made in his free time, have to do with how well or badly he does his job?  

• Like 3

Imagine a player being happy at not playing games or happy at being told he didn't have a place in the dressing room... thats an attitude I would really be worried about. Fresh start get behind him and stop this constant sniping.

• Like 1

Hopefully Dean Smith will now get Todd firing on all cylinders.....I admired Todd and had high hopes for him.....Rather than Todd currently being a 'Mound with a Hound' I want Todd to be a 'Mountain amongst Men'....(I do like his pooch as well).... 

C'mon Todd, get it together!.....

This is all **** guys, stop hounding him.  What is an Instagram anyway.  A fleeting post that is usually done off the top of a person's head, very much in the moment.  It's certainly not meant to be "saved" to post under an alternative agenda by someone else at a later date, with the context completely re-written.   

So, he's a minor celebrity, who connects with their "followers" to share what they are doing. Those followers probably understand having followed him what the meaning behind the post is.  I follow him but I don't see all of his posts because I dip in and out.  I also follow lots of other people and can spot if someone is having a hard time or is sending out messages.  I don't believe Todd is posting a pre-thought out agenda, it's just random in the moment stuff.  

Too many people on here have obviously an agenda about Todd themselves which is more thought through but is equally as clumsy.  Sure, we all want Todd to recapture and improve on his form, but he should still be able to connect with the world.  Cut the **** guys, let him live.

And no, I have no connection with Todd or his family or friends whatsoever, before you come back with a witty one liner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Do you think he should not be able to post on his days off or when he's injured? Perhaps he should not be watching the TV?         

Cantwell has fans outside the club, Farke's comments about personal issues caused a lot of concern about his mental health. By posting on Instagram he is showing people that he's OK. When we got promoted he was the first to want to share with the fans. 

He can do what he wants in his own time. We don't own him, we don't know how much he is training or what his attitude is. He's played 2 full games for the U23s and was constantly supporting and encouraging the young players. 

Remember what Wes said about the club when he was desperate to leave. Emi said he would never play for us again. People are upset about a 2 week old post about his dog, don't look at social media if you don't like it.