Sign in to follow this  
pete

Hassenhutel on the list

Ralph Hassenhuttl is wanted as new coach, together with Lampard and Smith ex Villa.  Is this a wind up why should he leave Southampton who have a very good team and are financed effectively for a relegation battle at catch strapped Carrow Rd.

Its good to be ambitious but this just farcical.  Redknapp has little support amongst the posters here.  Smith not been considered previously and the support is unknown.

Thought were looking outside the box for this appointment, apparently not going for the obvious as dismissed coaches or manager. 

Since when have Norwich done stuff like this publicly?

it’s all paper talk and speculation. I still fully expect to be saying a massive “who?” when we find out who it is. as a rule of thumb, if it’s in the public domain, he won’t be coming. 

12 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

It said on sky sport news that hassenhutl , Smith , lampard , are on a short list of three😄

Seems incredible they even noticed when Ole Gunnar Solksjaer lost a game the other day.

Might explain why they pulled that list out of the Tombola.

16 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

It said on sky sport news that hassenhutl , Smith , lampard , are on a short list of three😄

For the Villa job...sigh

To be fair to the OP, sky are lumping Lampard, Dean Smith, and Hasenhuttl as 'the three' candidates Norwich wish to pursue. 

Norwich shortlist Frank Lampard, Dean Smith and Southampton's Ralph Hasenhuttl for new boss | Football News | Sky Sports

Must admit the Hasenhuttl link makes me think all three are tosh

Webber, even if you dislike him, will have had a shortlist of managers if Farke left/was sacked - the idea he would suddenly go for Smith as he's become available in the last 24 hours is laughable (even if John Percy - the original source, is normally pretty accurate).

Hasenhuttl more in the frame for the Villa job I think so could be agent speak

Probably something in the Lampard link - but Paddy Davitt distanced himself from the link early in the Q&A, but isn't the worst manager around

Edited by WSM
added link

Just agents getting the names out - with Villa and possibly other vacancies...  Lampard may be on the list but Smith and Hassenhuttl are latecomers.

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

To be fair to the OP, sky are lumping Lampard, Dean Smith, and Hasenhuttl as 'the three' candidates Norwich wish to pursue.

Must admit the Hasenhuttl link makes me think all three are tosh

Webber, even if you dislike him, will have had a shortlist of managers if Farke left/was sacked - the idea he would suddenly go for Smith as he's become available in the last 24 hours is laughable (even if John Percy - the original source, is normally pretty accurate).

Hasenhuttl more in the frame for the Villa job I think so could be agent speak

Probably something in the Lampard link - but Paddy Davitt distanced himself from the link early in the Q&A, but isn't the worst manager around

We won't get hassenhutl , saints richer than us , more established than us , prem quality players , and they signed Adam Armstrong and we got sargeant.😆

Can't see Webber mentioning anything, especially considering the glorious shi-t-storm that happened with Spurs and their chase for a manager, which still went rec-tum supra mammarium with Nuno anyway.

Edited by TheGunnShow
Rec-tum is a word for the sensors??? Wow!!

Given Southampton's inconsistent form, I think Hasenhutl knows his days there are coming to an end so his agent is working hard for a new job.  He does like wearing green tights, but other than that his fitness for life at Norwich is not high.

Has Alex Scott been mentioned as a prospective managerial candidate yet?.....She seems to be everywhere at the moment. I just watched a daytime quiz show and she was fronting that.....Although I don't really mind, as she is rather appealing to my eye......

44 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Since when have Norwich done stuff like this publicly?

it’s all paper talk and speculation. I still fully expect to be saying a massive “who?” when we find out who it is. as a rule of thumb, if it’s in the public domain, he won’t be coming. 

In the championship yes but we’re in the big boys league now need a big name 

35 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

We won't get hassenhutl , saints richer than us , more established than us , prem quality players , and they signed Adam Armstrong and we got sargeant.😆

The Saints are in loads of debt and the owner wants out. In addition, they bought Armstrong but lost Danny Ings, a proven premier league goal scorer.

I don't think that we will get him, but don't think everything is rosy at Southampton!

All paper talk and something to fill the repeat stories on sky sports news to also make people place bets with sky bet.  It’s a scam people. Lampard possibly, but I’m the camp of it will be a proven manager from abroad who we all get a surprise with.  It will also be an upgrade on Farke. 
As said, Webber will have a list that no one externally knows about and will have already been in advanced discussions with someone who he was fairly confident of landing before removing Farke.  He will do all to avoid a Spurs style appointment disaster. 
I’d ignore it all until the press conference comes along. 

Nothing to see here. 'Linked' to get bets placed on SkyBet. Sky are notorious for this. Avoid. 

Are we sure Sky didn't mean David Hasselhoff? About as credible. Maybe with Kit as his coach.

hassenhutl would not surprise me 

Listening  to Jamie Carragher on Managers in the modern game 

he said it used to be players if you thought you could buy a better GK you went out and got him 

Managers are the same now used to be run of lose 5/10 games pressure was on 

but now clubs think can we just go and get a better manager yes ok we can so managers who are not exactly under pressure may lose their jobs 

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Has Alex Scott been mentioned as a prospective managerial candidate yet?.....She seems to be everywhere at the moment. I just watched a daytime quiz show and she was fronting that.....Although I don't really mind, as she is rather appealing to my eye......

Another program I can't watch then, what one was it? 😆

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

Nothing to see here. 'Linked' to get bets placed on SkyBet. Sky are notorious for this. Avoid. 

Was about to say the same thing.

Something serious wrong about the ability that Sky have to affect/fix the betting market by putting out such unbelievable nonsense.

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Be easier to say which one it isn't.....

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

'The Tournament' on BBC Uno....I do like Alex...(a lot) but she seems everywhere.....

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Be easier to say which one it isn't.....

'The Tournament' on BBC Uno....I do like Alex...(a lot) but she seems everywhere.....

That's ok then, that program is cr4p 😂

Watched Southampton v Villa and Hassenshutti looked incredibly stressed. I think we are more likely to put him out of a job than appoint him!