Sign in to follow this  

Well I usually support the club, but I can't over this one. Shaken me to the core. The effect of winning a game TOTALLY lost imo. All the positivity of winning, taken away, just like that.

Ridiculous and utterly wrong in timing and even if all parties knew beforehand, that is a body blow to our season imo. New manager?  Couldn't care less. The best all of us - even the outers - would have felt all season and now even after a win, that joy is taken away. Someone, somewhere has f*****d up.  If it is down to fan pressure, then they lost their nerve, as they did over Hughton. 

Stupid. Just stupid.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Completely agree … that emotion after the match has just disappeared.

there was a clip of Delia when we were 2 up, looking really grumpy… explains it.  I don’t think she would’ve wanted it this way.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well I usually support the club, but I can't over this one. Shaken me to the core. The effect of winning a game TOTALLY lost imo. All the positivity of winning, taken away, just like that.

Ridiculous and utterly wrong in timing and even if all parties knew beforehand, that is a body blow to our season imo. New manager?  Couldn't care less. The best all of is - even the outers - would have felt all season and now even after a win, that joy is taken away. Someone, somewhere has f*****d up.  If it is down to fan pressure, then they lost their nerve, as they did over Hughton. 

Stupid. Just stupid.

I was an outer. But I agree with everything that Lakey has written. Shocked. It was a good win.

No wonder Webber was miserable at the final whistle… obviously was hoping for a draw or a lose. Tinpot.

4 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

there was a clip of Delia when we were 2 up, looking really grumpy… explains it.  I don’t think she would’ve wanted it this way.

I saw that too and wondered if something was amiss - it was a very "unlike Delia" face!

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

I was an outer. But I agree with everything that Lakey has written. Shocked. It was a good win.

No wonder Webber was miserable at the final whistle… obviously was hoping for a draw or a lose. Tinpot.

I am a Webber outer and agree with Lakey on this issue.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The best all of is - even the outers - would have felt all season and now even after a win, that joy is taken away.

In my view it's a Win Win

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

I was a Farke In merchant and feel this decision is really stupid.  It will undermine the positive effects of the win and really make us look like a laughing stock.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ridiculous and utterly wrong in timing and even if all parties knew beforehand, that is a body blow to our season imo. New manager?  Couldn't care less. The best all of is - even the outers - would have felt all season and now even after a win, that joy is taken away. Someone, somewhere has f*****d up.  If it is down to fan pressure, then they lost their nerve, as they did over Hughton. 

Stupid. Just stupid.

Completely agree. Ridiculous decision after a win. We’ll never know now but that win could have been his Ipswich win a few seasons ago when his job was allegedly on the line. ****ing pathetic 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

Completely agree … that emotion after the match has just disappeared.

She should keep her distance from the couple behind her and from the Merchants of Spice.

So what can you learn from this season thus far LDC, and your regular lectures at the reasonable supporters who could recognise issues with the management team?

1 minute ago, NWC said:

I saw that too and wondered if something was amiss - it was a very "unlike Delia" face!

I thought she was suddenly showing her age. But I thought it odd that Michael, Webber & his missus all looked glum.

Sad sad sad.

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Worth noting how utterly miserable Delia, her husband and the rest of the board looked when we were 2-0 up

And now they have made many of us miserable.

2 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Yep, the same Webber that was saying a week ago that Farke wasn't going anywhere - should have benn him on his bike and Farke staying where he was.

Our pant wetting fans should also take a huge part of the blame but ultimately Lakey is spot on - this is a huge and bitterly disappointing loss of nerve in the boardroom which is going to damage Webber's reputation (and the club) far more Farke.

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Stupid. Just stupid.

I dont understand the timing of this one.

The momentum from todays game is gone. 

Extremly strange timing. 

I was not in the Farke inn ore oute. 

1 minute ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yep, the same Webber that was saying a week ago that Farke wasn't going anywhere - should have benn him on his bike and Farke staying where he was.

You can't trust a word that comes out of that charlatan's mouth. Talks a good game but underneath it all, he's a narcissistic fraud.

• Like 1

I agree. What a crazy decision. I've always loved Farke. He was not perfect but I do not think we will get a better manager. The most enjoyable football I've watched us play in my lifetime has been under Farke (and I include the early 90's).

• Like 2

Right decision  wrong timing. Should have happened after Chelsea. I feel for DF, but that battling performance could indeed be because the players knew somehow. It was out of kilter with what we have seen so far.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am a Webber outer and agree with Lakey on this issue.

Proof will be in the pudding now won't it.

If a new manager can't get more out of our summer signings, then Webber should be next out of the door.

If a new manager gets Tsoliz ticking, Rashica scoring and creating, and Cantwell back on board, perhaps it will be seen as the right call?

This decision puts Webber's neck on the line now, its sink or swim, needs to make the right appointment and the new manager needs to salvage something out of our summer transfer spend. 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You can't trust a word that comes out of that charlatan's mouth. Talks a good game but underneath it all, he's a narcissistic fraud.

How do you know it was Webber who wanted him sacked?

He is an employee.

McNally didn't want us to sack Hughton and install Neil Adams did he? I'm sure that came out, made his position untenable. 

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Stupid. Just stupid.

I agree with you completely Lakey, it’s been a while!!

The players must be baffled by it.

Thinking most positively this only could’ve happened on the basis that Webber has someone he really wants in at the club. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

How do you know it was Webber who wanted him sacked?

He is an employee.

McNally didn't want us to sack Hughton and install Neil Adams did he? I'm sure that came out, made his position untenable. 

Webber said "we" wanted him sacked. Not "the board felt".

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I agree with you completely Lakey, it’s been a while!!

The players must be baffled by it.

Thinking most positively this only could’ve happened on the basis that Webber has someone he really wants in at the club. 

Yes. Decision made, someone else already signed up. I bet they were sitting in the director's box, thinking during that first half "what have we done?"

What a f*** up.