chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Brentford (A/PL) ****

May be an image of text that says "LOTUS Joma Vitality T 香 LOTUS BRENTFORD COMMUNITY STADIUM SATURDAY NOVEMBER KICK-OFF 3PM (UK)"

As the image says, kick of is 3pm (GMT) at the Brentford Community Stadium. To help our international friends here is  the ever useful graphic to let you know the KO time wherever you are.

May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Toronto 11:00 Helsinki 17:00 Norwich 15:00 BRENTFORDV NORWICH CITY Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 11:00 Los Angeles 08:00 Beijing 23:00 Skopje 16:00 Abu Dhabi 19:00 Rio De Janeiro 12:00 Seoul 00:00 Hong Kong 23:00 Bangkok 22:00 Nairobi 18:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 12:00 Sydney 02:00"

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 15 Week 13 can be found here so there is no excuse not to get involved with a good cause by having some fun with @nutty nigel.

Pink'Un match presser report can be found HERE.

The BBC pre match article can be found HERE.

Injury and Absences summaries:
Norwich: Joining long term absentee Byram on the injury list is Hanley who could be out for 2-3 weeks with an abductor injury. Zimmermann has had ankle surgery (I believe to be related to the tackle he recieved Vs West Ham two seasons ago now) so will be out for several weeks. Cantwell is still not considered ready to return. Kabak is struggling with glandular fever and is a doubt too. The good news is that Gibson has served his one match ban so is back into the fold. Having watched the U23's last night, Tomkinson was not involved, so I expect to see him on the bench providing cover, especially if Kabak is unavailable.
Brentford: Ajer out for six weeks with a hamstring injury so joins Wissa and Baptiste on the side-lines. Mbeumo is believed to be in contention to start this week, stepping up his return from a hamstring injury that only saw him on the bench last time out.

Fact finding:
Brentford FC were founded in 1889. They played at Griffin Park, in the London Borough of Hounslow, from September 1904 to August 2020 when they moved to the new Brentford Community Stadium. Griffin Park was built on a former orchard which had belonged to Fuller's Brewery. Those of you familiar with Fuller's will know that their logo features a Griffin, which is where the name Griffin Park came from. The old ground was also said to be the only league ground to have a pub on every corner. 

Brentford have spent the majority of their time flitting between the third and fourth tiers of the English league system, though they have at times made it higher up the leagues, this tends to be relatively short lived. Their recent success has seen them sustain a run in the 2nd tier and promotion to the 1st tier for the first time since the 1946-47 season. 

Update - Starting Line Ups:
image.png.256537066a106b6b2842448951bd405b.png

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back to 433, suppose injury necessitated it.

Poor Gilmour can’t buy a game, other than that makes sense to me.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

How the f*ck are Dowell and McLean starting after last week? 

Dowell just looked un-match fit, not really surprising. Same as Tzolis when he came on.

Dont think it’s fair to write him off on that one performance.

• Like 1

Eurgh. Another terrible line up. No Tzolis, no Gilmour. But Super Kenny, PLM, and Dowell still in? Clueless Farke. Easy win for Brentford.

All the best. Keith.

I think he's picking formations out of a hat; hopefully, this time it's the correct one.

I don't think it matters who you play where tbh. Might as well try Krul up front with Pukki in goal.

F*ck me I'm a miserable c*nt today. Saturdays aren't much fun anymore. ☹️

Come on Norwich, cheer me up...please.

OTBC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Back to 433, suppose injury necessitated it.

Poor Gilmour can’t buy a game, other than that makes sense to me.

I can see him being recalled in January by Chelsea who have that option.

Dion't know what he sees in Williams, he's a Championship level player and is no better defensively than Giannoulis. Keiron Dowell? Why? Lees-Melou and McLean guarantee's that we will be slow, lazy and weak in midfield.

I'd have gone

Krul

Aarons Omo Gibson Dimi

Sorensen Normann

Tzolis Rupp Rashica

Pukki

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Dowell just looked un-match fit, not really surprising. Same as Tzolis when he came on.

Dont think it’s fair to write him off on that one performance.

I just don’t think he offers enough, he’s neat and tidy but he needs quality players around him (like Buendia and Cantwell) to bounce off. He won’t offer us anything other than a decent left peg for crossing and free kicks (though even that that was very much absent vs Leeds).

Maybe a bit harsh and I agree Tzolis also looked really poor when he came on, but I’d still back him with his pace and power with the ball to be more likely to create something out of nothing today. Which, let’s face it, is what we need from our attacking players at the moment because they’re getting **** all service. 

That looks like a team eager for another poor performance.  3-1 looks hopeful now won't get the one