chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Brentford (A/PL) ****

17 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Are you still underneath the sink @Nuff Said....stay the f*** there if you are

Fortunately not, my back is killing me as it is.

Having said that, it’s proving a b*gger to get the old one out, so I may be here for some time.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

Very very happy with todays performance, ombadalie is going to be a hell of a player, looks better to me then Godfrey did at his age. Formation really working well 

• Like 2

Where had this performance been hiding? Easily the best half we’ve had all season, there’s no comparison.

Still look shaky at the back so a long way to go before we take the points home, but this is unrecognisable from the team that’s played so far this year.

7 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

A handjob? I'll go under the sink as well if that's so.

OTBC

Well he did go under there to clean his pipes….

Boos from the Brentford fans.

Time for game management; cynical fouls and time wasting. 

Excellent half, but Brentford can't be this poor 2nd half.

At a loss for words. We have looked like a different team from the first whistle. It's like we're playing at .25x the speed we normally do, we're tracking runners, we're defending smartly and Rashica + the fullbacks are getting their heads down and driving forward at pace. We're progressing the ball quickly and in the right areas. I'm happy but frustrated. I don't get why we haven't done this before today? If Farke sets us out like this every game from now on he can stay for me regardless of how results go. 

• Like 1

Fair play to Williams a couple of brilliant pieces of play coming forwards and then snappy in the tackle at the end.

I can’t work out why Farke keeps dropping Lees-Melou, he seems to get better every time he plays (Chelsea aside).

Rashica having his best game for us too.

What a difference an early lead makes!! We should try that more often I reckon.

• Like 1

Very happy to be proven wrong so far! 

Lees Melou, Normann, Gibson and Omi have been fantastic so far in the centre and really have given Brentford no real options in attack.

Williams started off a bit shaky but has grown into the game with a couple of spirited runs on the left side.

Overall really chuffed with how this performance is going, Toney and Mbeumo have hardly had a sniff all game and hopefully that can continue into the second half!

OTBC!!!

8 minutes ago, Sparta Plastic said:

Williams is playing better than the last couple of times I saw him.

Williams has been outstanding 

• Like 1

It’s like we actually want to play football for once and not just wander round the pitch while doing nothing of note.

Long may this continue and sorry Derby fans, but your record stays!.

31 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m trying to fit a kitchen tap and was on my back in a cupboard when we scored. Do I spend the rest of the match in there? 🤔

Yes, we'll drip feed you updates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

At a loss for words. We have looked like a different team from the first whistle. It's like we're playing at .25x the speed we normally do, we're tracking runners, we're defending smartly and Rashica + the fullbacks are getting their heads down and driving forward at pace. We're progressing the ball quickly and in the right areas. I'm happy but frustrated. I don't get why we haven't done this before today? If Farke sets us out like this every game from now on he can stay for me regardless of how results go. 

The goal changes everything. It’s that simple!

It's the hope that kills you isn't it! 

God though, looking at Farkes face today, I have never seen him look so nervous!

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Don't get too cocky.....it's Norwich we're talking about

Let’s keep the faith, although I do agree with you!🤣🤣👍👍

Just now, 1902 said:

It's the hope that kills you isn't it! 

God though, looking at Farkes face today, I have never seen him look so nervous!

Yeah, no celebrations at all, just standing there looking stone cold!.

How poor are the Brentford fans for booing at half time by the way. They’ve had a cracking start to the season and were unlucky in their most recent home defeat to Leicester. Fickle bunch!

• Like 1

Farke stated that we needed to get back our DNA before the match. We look so much better when we try to play the way we all know.

Just hope it is a feature of the next 10 games.

Absolutely bloomin great. Delighted with the energy and passion showed today. Should be playing 10 men of course but never mind, we are in control. PLM and Normann superb.

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

The goal changes everything. It’s that simple!

We got the goal by playing differently though. We got at them quickly, using Rashica's pace, we didn't let them dictate the pace at the start and Normann was direct and ran at them to score the goal. 

If we can hold onto this lead and get three points with the international break coming up could be very good for team morale. Normally you dont want the international break if you've just put in a good performance but at least the feel good factor cant be quickly taken away with the next game