Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Man City v Norwich predictions

I can’t see past a home win but at least we get the hardest fixture of the season out the way. Leicester after where we will pick up something positive. Anyone brave enough to pick a score this Saturday? 

We'll look good in spells but generally be pushed back for large swathes of it. I think we'll lose about 3-0.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

I can’t see past a home win but at least we get the hardest fixture of the season out the way. Leicester after where we will pick up something positive. Anyone brave enough to pick a score this Saturday? 

Never, ever want to predict a defeat so I am hoping for a squeeky 1-1, although expecting to lose by more than one goal.

I went for 3-1 defeat on the super 6 - hopefully we’ll show enough in flashes, but they will have too much for us over the 90 minutes.  No doubt we’ll be written off by more “experts” if we lose, whatever the score.

Edited by Branston Pickle

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just hope it won't be an embarrassing 6/7 nill loss.. That's all I pray for

Same here...🤞

An interesting time to play them. They’ve not scored in their last 3 games, losing all of them, which is most unusual for them obviously. So it’s not like they’re in scintillating form or anything - far from it. They do look a different beast when De Bruyne is on the pitch though so am hoping he doesn’t start.

Don’t want to jinx it but I see no reason why we can’t get something here despite it being a game written off by most, might be a good time to play them.

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

An interesting time to play them. They’ve not scored in their last 3 games, losing all of them, which is most unusual for them obviously. So it’s not like they’re in scintillating form or anything - far from it. They do look a different beast when De Bruyne is on the pitch though so am hoping he doesn’t start.

Don’t want to jinx it but I see no reason why we can’t get something here despite it being a game written off by most, might be a good time to play them.

Yes & we’re pretty lucky there’s no Along Came Norwich phenomenon staring us right in the face with this very scenario

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Yes & we’re pretty lucky there’s no Along Came Norwich phenomenon staring us right in the face with this very scenario

Ha ha hear what you’re saying GA47 but is it a long enough losing streak for it to be classed a ACN scenario just yet? I think we might get a draw from this…

19 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Citeh are 12/1 ON ! 

Haven’t seen odds like that for a while . 

Norwich 29/1 on the exchanges, 25/1 when we beat them at Carrow road 2 seasons ago. 

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha hear what you’re saying GA47 but is it a long enough losing streak for it to be classed a ACN scenario just yet? I think we might get a draw from this…

😀 let’s find out!  
For those guys 4 losses in a row is equivalent to what, 14 for merely mortal teams like us?

Though i envy your cautious optimism… a better way to live life.

5-0 but it is what it is. I’m looking at Liverpool and Man City like hard pre season friendlies as it’s just a massive punt for us to get anything out of them. 

Be great for our new boys to get a baptism of fire but also really go for it too. Nothing to lose at all.

Campaign real starts against Leicester.

I think its going to be a 3 or 4 nil. I hope we don't get smashed but also hope we at least score.

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

😀 let’s find out!  
For those guys 4 losses in a row is equivalent to what, 14 for merely mortal teams like us?

Though i envy your cautious optimism… a better way to live life.

Yep! 😀. A mate of mine who’s a Man City season ticket holder thinks they will end their losing streak against us, but fancies it to be a 2-2 draw! 

Guardiola looked pretty savage during and after the Spurs game so I can see plenty of changes to the Man City team.

A difficult one to predict but I just feel we needed to be further up the fitness ladder than we are now as the lads will have plenty of running to do!

If we can get through these tough 4 games with say 1 point and a negative goal difference still in single figures it will be some achievement.

• Like 1

Its almost to easy to say its going to be a home win, 29/1 on the exchanges is maybe a valid level but it still hurts and it just feels right  in terms of the gulf between us and Man. City. Predicting a score is just a guessing game, but anywhere  between 3 to 6-0 is a fair assumption, perhaps we may squeak a goal.

Hoping DF keeps the new guys on a level footing  after the games done, its no more than the absolute toughest intro to Prem life that they could have tasted but maybe its a good thing, they will have learned  very quickly  why its the best and  highest quality league in the world. Just wanting to see our team competitive as against the Pool.

I’d love to be optimistic but can only see a battering unfortunately given the Spurs result and First game at the Etihad in front of fans on top of the already tough fixture. Add our lack of pre-season and lack of prep for new arrivals it’s probably the toughest game of the season.

5-1. Honestly I worry about it being more. I’m just considering these first two games part of an extended pre-season before the real work begins.

Edited by Monty13

Man City 2 - 2 Norwich

Norwich race into a two goal lead inside the first 30 mins through goals from Lee Melou and Sargent. Can’t hold on for the 3 points with two late goals from DeBryne and Grealish.

1st point on the board!