Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

46 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Well, I guess thats an interesting insight into the state of our finances. I cant see how our transfer budget would be only £15 million prior to the Emi sale if we are now investing £5 million for Gunn as a long term project/understudy. 

Good bit of business for a keeper who I think can learn under Krul and feel the benefit of a club that knows and rates him. I think for whatever reason he didn't settle at Southampton and then was being shipped out on loan, we all know Keepers out of all positions need a serious run of game time to get up to peak performance and that appears to have been disrupted at times for him. 

I think it also suggest we have a list of key outfield targets/positions, with probable transfer fees, and are reasonably confident we can make those deals even with £5m gone on Gunn.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think it also suggest we have a list of key outfield targets/positions, with probable transfer fees, and are reasonably confident we can make those deals even with £5m gone on Gunn.

The question is whomst is leaving and how much dollah dollah cash money money can we make however

31 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Ooh. I'd be right up for some of that.

As I would imagine at least 10 other Prem clubs would be as well with that price tag. Would take quite the sales pitch to get him to Norwich. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

As I would imagine at least 10 other Prem clubs would be as well with that price tag. Would take quite the sales pitch to get him to Norwich. 

I meant the hotdog lady from.... wrong thread. 😉 

Seriously though, I think you're right on that one. At the same time, we do have to trust a little in our ability to bring players along. Adarabioyo would basically start at a somewhat higher level than some of the others due to his age and experience.

Speaking to a colleague in Newcastle today and he said that they are talking about selling Jacob Murphy as he's only got a year left on his contract. I'm not advocating we buy him. My colleague said that there interest from Germany & Turkey. And they are only expecting to get £5M for him.

28 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Speaking to a colleague in Newcastle today and he said that they are talking about selling Jacob Murphy as he's only got a year left on his contract. I'm not advocating we buy him. My colleague said that there interest from Germany & Turkey. And they are only expecting to get £5M for him.

I wonder if we have a sell On clause

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Turns out Tosin Adarabioyo has a £10m release clause in his contract.

Can see why Norwich (among others) have been interested in him

Seems to be a fair bit of interested, judging by this tweet.

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I wonder if we have a sell On clause

I think sell on clauses usually relate to the profit earned and they paid more than £5m to us.

I might be wrong though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I think sell on clauses usually relate to the profit earned and they paid more than £5m to us.

I might be wrong though 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t always think that’s the case. Hopefully the journos have a dig.

10 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I don’t always think that’s the case. Hopefully the journos have a dig.

Just had a read and it's not clear so maybe we will see some extra cash.

Saw on today’s article summarising rumoured signings to date and Deulofeu if true would for me be a great signing and would help to fill the Buendia hole in my opinion 

16 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Saw on today’s article summarising rumoured signings to date and Deulofeu if true would for me be a great signing and would help to fill the Buendia hole in my opinion 

Never in a million years if we only offered Buendia £35k a week. We are shopping in bargain bucket central.

10 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Never in a million years if we only offered Buendia £35k a week. We are shopping in bargain bucket central.

That wasn't an 'offer' to him, that was the wages in the contract he signed two years ago, which he accepted...

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I am getting confused as to what the Miserabilist party line is here. Is £5m potentially rising to £10m for a back-up keeper 'shopping in bargain bucket central' or being unnecessarily ambitious for what is not a key position?🤓

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

I am getting confused as to what the Miserabilist party line is here. Is £5m potentially rising to £10m for a back-up keeper 'shopping in bargain bucket central' or being unnecessarily ambitious for what is not a key position?🤓

Well I think its clear to see now isn't it, we've used £5 million of the £33 million to get Gunn, the remaining £28 million will now be used to pay him £333,333 a week on a one year contract. Clubs a joke.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

God alone knows - clearly depends where you’re coming at it from🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Doesn't matter , whatever they're doing,  they're doing it wrong apparently.  So either, or both, or neither. Simple really. 

39 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Deulofeu just signed a contract with Udinese..Although it seems he's somehow only on 15-20 grand a week..

Big hmmmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

it does look like Newcastle, and Cardiff paid way over the top for both Josh and Jacob. And I wonder if that might not be the case for Lewis.

A lesson for us that will have been learned years back by our board, but not by this board if you read some of the constant moaning. Even that little ginger fellow, Pritchard, has recently been released. Far better we sign the likes of McLean and Dowdeswell and continue with the policy of identifying potential, than gambling on the finished article.

32 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It's almost like we're different people with different opinions isn't it.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

It's almost like we're different people with different opinions isn't it.

The issue is when the same people have different opinions in different posts.

Weren’t we interested in Nat Phillips last summer? With Liverpool buying two CB and Van **** back, I wonder if we might be back in for Phillips?

Edited by Indy

13 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Oh no it isn’t! Oh yes it is!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is the type of signing we should get excited about a young (25) keeper who is quality, just needs to be playing and will obviously improve with games. Ruddy mk2 in my book, potentially better than Krul.

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

This is the type of signing we should get excited about a young (25) keeper who is quality, just needs to be playing and will obviously improve with games. Ruddy mk2 in my book, potentially better than Krul.

But Ruddy wasnt better than Krul!!!

• Like 1

Just now, rock bus said:

But Ruddy wasnt better than Krul!!!

I think he was, Krul is a decent keeper, Ruddy had a few seasons where he was outstanding, with a far worse defence in front of him.

13 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Blimey! Having a go at schizophrenics now are you? Tut, tut!!!

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think he was, Krul is a decent keeper, Ruddy had a few seasons where he was outstanding, with a far worse defence in front of him.

I think Krul's the best keeper we've had in years, since Green (and probably better than him), but that could be recency bias

Edited by kirku
  • Like 1