Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Hopefully he gets his move, bless him. He needs to buy some new shorts.

Screenshot_20210611-082851.png

I think they started off as trousers... 

If you want a Soucek, then you want Alex Karl, that’ll cost a fair bit. Don’t know anything about this lad, but a big unit and cheap enough. But doesn’t look likely from the pinkun.

Rather annoyed that Archant have resorted to click-bait link titles like:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-transfer-rumours-bosnia-midfielder-set-to-sign-8044564

only to find out that the article headline says something very much different:

Claim that City are signing Bosnia midfielder is wide of the mark

I thought the good old EDP were better than this childish deception tactic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Rather annoyed that Archant have resorted to click-bait link titles like:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-transfer-rumours-bosnia-midfielder-set-to-sign-8044564

only to find out that the article headline says something very much different:

Claim that City are signing Bosnia midfielder is wide of the mark

I thought the good old EDP were better than this childish deception tactic.

Archant does seem to be using a lot of click baiting -  but I think in this case, it is more that the original story was updated after the club told them the original story was b*ll**ks and just copied off of twitter.

7 minutes ago, g00se said:

Archant does seem to be using a lot of click baiting -  but I think in this case, it is more that the original story was updated after the club told them the original story was b*ll**ks and just copied off of twitter.

I don't think it is 'clickbaiting' the head line clearly says 'rumours' and they report the rumour. At least the PinkUn do put their view on these stories and are pretty quick to shoot down false rumours. If you look at other regional press they will run and run and run on obviously false stories to generate more traffic - we should all consider ourselves lucky to have the PinkUn which is probably one of the best regional sites around.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I don't think it is 'clickbaiting' the head line clearly says 'rumours' and they report the rumour. At least the PinkUn do put their view on these stories and are pretty quick to shoot down false rumours. If you look at other regional press they will run and run and run on obviously false stories to generate more traffic - we should all consider ourselves lucky to have the PinkUn which is probably one of the best regional sites around.

Except the headline in the link title clearly says the rumour is that the player is "set to sign", and the headline in the article says the opposite. I agree that the EDP (and Pinkun site) is one of the best regional rags in existence. However, I would like them to maintain that reputation by avoiding this sort of sloppy or disingenuous journalism.

An update on a previous rumour

Fulham's former England Under-19 defender Tosin Adarabioyo, 23, who is wanted by Arsenal and Newcastle, will be able to leave Craven Cottage for £10m this summer because of a release clause in his contract.

Here's a name for you: Norberto Briasco. A RW for Huracan. Seems to tick a number of our boxes.

Edited by jaberry2

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Here's a name for you: Norberto Briasco. A RW for Huracan. Seems to tick a number of our boxes.

Wcorkcanary could have a field day with this fella.

Better believe it. Briasco the Fiasco is coming to Norwich.

Edited by jaberry2

16 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Already been shot down by the PinkUn. I'm guessing the high profile sale of Emi has meant some Argentinian agents are linking their clients (see Pedro De La Vega also) to Norwich to try and drum up interest. 

De La Vega looks a tasty little find... hoping that one is real. Briasco doesn't look all that judging by his stats

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

De La Vega looks a tasty little find... hoping that one is real. Briasco doesn't look all that judging by his stats

Looks more like a traditional winger who wanders in, unlike Buendia who starts on the right but does his best work just off-centre. There's something about De La Vega that looks a bit "Wanchope-esque" in that he goes at pace and somehow never quite seems to be in control of the ball but manages to whip it away from opposing defenders and get past them.

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Looks more like a traditional winger who wanders in, unlike Buendia who starts on the right but does his best work just off-centre. There's something about De La Vega that looks a bit "Wanchope-esque" in that he goes at pace and somehow never quite seems to be in control of the ball but manages to whip it away from opposing defenders and get past them.

While I put no credibility in the De La Vega rumour at all, he wouldn't be a Buendia replacement but more an upgrade on Hernandez/Placheta. Although I don't think we will see a signing that is a like for like replacement of Buenida (I think Dowell will take over on the right).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Soucek cost West Ham £19m and was the best player in the league. This fella is worth £3m and not.

Naivety at its finest.

26 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

While I put no credibility in the De La Vega rumour at all, he wouldn't be a Buendia replacement but more an upgrade on Hernandez/Placheta. Although I don't think we will see a signing that is a like for like replacement of Buenida (I think Dowell will take over on the right).

I hope we get in better than Dowell, Beth, he’s decent enough but looks a little slow to be a regular premiership player. I was under the impression we were going to buy 1st team players, if we have to rely on Dowell, Hernandez and Placheta we might struggle.

36 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think that as well with Dowell on the right, and Cantwell probably moving into the middle if we don't get another number 10. That frees up a space for a speedster, so one of Hernandez or Placheta.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I hope we get in better than Dowell, Beth, he’s decent enough but looks a little slow to be a regular premiership player. I was under the impression we were going to buy 1st team players, if we have to rely on Dowell, Hernandez and Placheta we might struggle.

I think he'll be fine in the Prem, full of talent and showed at the end of the season he is an excellent player - for those last 10 games or so his creative numbers for expected assists, progressive passes etc where as good as Emi's. He certainly didn't look any slower than Emi or Todd - neither of whom are blessed with pace.

I think Dowell will move onto the right side and that will make space for a new number 10, or Cantwell will then become the 10 and a new left sided player will be brought in. Farke isn't wedded to the idea of basically playing three 10s behind Pukki - he did that as he had Emi, Cantwell and Dowell available and wanted to get them all into the first team. Pukki was originally signed to play on the right hand side and operate more like a wide forward. The pervious promotion Hernandez played most of the games coming in from the left. While Farke doesn't rotate, he is quite open to different tactics to suit the players he has.

I have no doubt new first teamers will be brought in with the Emi money - but not sure we will see an 'Emi' type player as Cantwell and Dowell can already do that job.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think he'll be fine in the Prem, full of talent and showed at the end of the season he is an excellent player - for those last 10 games or so his creative numbers for expected assists, progressive passes etc where as good as Emi's. He certainly didn't look any slower than Emi or Todd - neither of whom are blessed with pace.

I think Dowell will move onto the right side and that will make space for a new number 10, or Cantwell will then become the 10 and a new left sided player will be brought in. Farke isn't wedded to the idea of basically playing three 10s behind Pukki - he did that as he had Emi, Cantwell and Dowell available and wanted to get them all into the first team. Pukki was originally signed to play on the right hand side and operate more like a wide forward. The pervious promotion Hernandez played most of the games coming in from the left. While Farke doesn't rotate, he is quite open to different tactics to suit the players he has.

I have no doubt new first teamers will be brought in with the Emi money - but not sure we will see an 'Emi' type player as Cantwell and Dowell can already do that job.

I’m sorry but if we’re now saying we’ll be reliant on what we have without Buendia then I can’t say it’ll work. So our depth behind those three would be Steipermann and Placheta! Neither have been showing decent signs..

Dowell is a solid player but the talk now of going with what we’ve got and saying this is what will happen can’t be right! We have 40 million to spend, some of that has to be on a new number 10 and wide player?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I’m sorry but if we’re now saying we’ll be reliant on what we have without Buendia then I can’t say it’ll work. So our depth behind those three would be Steipermann and Placheta! Neither have been showing decent signs..

Dowell is a solid player but the talk now of going with what we’ve got and saying this is what will happen can’t be right! We have 40 million to spend, some of that has to be on a new number 10 and wide player?

I think Cantwell and Dowell is enough 10s, to be honest, I would expect Webber would be more likely to pursue athletic wide forwards and bag a couple of those for £10m or so a throw. Not sure who fits the bill exactly, I liked Josh King until the warning signs around his personality and big wage became apparent. Will make us more robust as well as opening up the areas in which we can be a threat.

10 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I think Cantwell and Dowell is enough 10s, to be honest, I would expect Webber would be more likely to pursue athletic wide forwards and bag a couple of those for £10m or so a throw. Not sure who fits the bill exactly, I liked Josh King until the warning signs around his personality and big wage became apparent. Will make us more robust as well as opening up the areas in which we can be a threat.

Both look better on the wings cutting in, can’t say either are natural number 10’s, as Beth highlights Dowell on the right and Cantwell naturally left both drifting in, supporting Pukki will be key.

So if we don’t replace Buendia then to me we need a natural number 10 to support Pukki. Steipermann or Hernandez  our options don’t fill me with conference.

We have the money, two key areas, good DM and a creative midfielder/ winger to support Pukki for me.

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Already been shot down by the PinkUn. I'm guessing the high profile sale of Emi has meant some Argentinian agents are linking their clients (see Pedro De La Vega also) to Norwich to try and drum up interest. 

Of course they are not coming here- As we should all be aware we will probably not want to pay more than 10 million for one player and never accept wage demands of more than 40 thousand a week, which sadly limits us immensely in the market

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

Where have I said that?

I said I have no doubt new first teamers will be brought in with the Emi money. I specifically said that it might be a left sided player who comes in if Dowell and Cantwell both get shuffled one spot to the right. I don't necessarily think it will be a like for like replacement, but potentially more of a wide forward style player. I guess much will rely on which targets Norwich can bring in. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of course they are not coming here- As we should all be aware we will probably not want to pay more than 10 million for one player and never accept wage demands of more than 40 thousand a week, which sadly limits us immensely in the market

I reckon both Briasco and De La Vega would cost less than £10m and demand significantly less than £40k a week in wages.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Both look better on the wings cutting in, can’t say either are natural number 10’s, as Beth highlights Dowell on the right and Cantwell naturally left both drifting in, supporting Pukki will be key.

So if we don’t replace Buendia then to me we need a natural number 10 to support Pukki. Steipermann or Hernandez  our options don’t fill me with conference.

We have the money, two key areas, good DM and a creative midfielder/ winger to support Pukki for me.

Or you play 4-3-2-1 so there's no-one starting directly behind Pukki, and shore the midfield up a bit more. You then put more emphasis on your full-backs to attack, and in Giannoulis and Aarons, we have two who like doing that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Where have I said that?

I said I have no doubt new first teamers will be brought in with the Emi money. I specifically said that it might be a left sided player who comes in if Dowell and Cantwell both get shuffled one spot to the right. I don't necessarily think it will be a like for like replacement, but potentially more of a wide forward style player. I guess much will rely on which targets Norwich can bring in. 

Sorry Beth wrong end of the stick, but why another left sided player? Both Hernandez and Placheta are more suited to the left side, aren’t they? Surely we need a right sided player. But we shall see, I’m excited to see what Webber and Farke can do with money to play with.

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Or you play 4-3-2-1 so there's no-one starting directly behind Pukki, and shore the midfield up a bit more. You then put more emphasis on your full-backs to attack, and in Giannoulis and Aarons, we have two who like doing that.

Yeah that is what I wonder too- more solid in the middle that way. I'd still want competition/improvement on Dowell though.