Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

21 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

English. Proven goalscorer. Overrated.

It's not a case of 'being on smack' it's a case of not wanting to sell your best talent, combined with the current virus transfer market and English players always demanding large fees.

The virus has reduced fees. 

Brexit has increased fees for English players again because they don't have to meet the criteria to get a visa and be able to play for the club in question. 

Another day closer to pre season starting and still no action. Lack of execution of the plan is getting very very worrying 

34 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Another day closer to pre season starting and still no action. Lack of execution of the plan is getting very very worrying 

Not at all, you’ve not been keeping up! With the sale of Buendia and the televised games from the first four games, the move from Iceland supplying the budget Scampi in the championship, Waitrose will be supplying Youngs Gourmet Scampi this coming season. The planning and execution has been superb by the catering department.

Edited by Indy

Thought it worth mentioning something Paddy Davit said on the pinkun fixtures release podcast they just put out. I’m not quoting it exactly correctly but he said something to the effect of; ‘

‘I had a conversation with someone high up at the club and they said if Stuart gets the targets he wants, then hold onto your hats because it’s going to be a very exciting summer for the club’

I mean, that’s got to be a positive surely? Of course, we can’t judge till it’s over but I doubt they would be saying things like that and lining up moves for unknowns/filler.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Thought it worth mentioning something Paddy Davit said on the pinkun fixtures release podcast they just put out. I’m not quoting it exactly correctly but he said something to the effect of; ‘

‘I had a conversation with someone high up at the club and they said if Stuart gets the targets he wants, then hold onto your hats because it’s going to be a very exciting summer for the club’

I mean, that’s got to be a positive surely? Of course, we can’t judge till it’s over but I doubt they would be saying things like that and lining up moves for unknowns/filler.

One big word in that....IF.

I'm not being negative but if I play the lottery tomorrow I might win, no guarantees and that's the same with transfers.

I trust Webber to be successful as if not he's the next one to resign I'm sure.

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

Yes that does sound positive. Let’s hope we don’t miss out on them all due to wages etc. 

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

hope we do manage to convince these a lists to sign... if not it has a very similar feeling to that Alex Neil summer where we got the scouting right but none of the big hitters wanted to sign.

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

hope we do manage to convince these a lists to sign... if not it has a very similar feeling to that Alex Neil summer where we got the scouting right but none of the big hitters wanted to sign.

possibly to do with having a conservatory for a gym.

we will get our targets now.

9 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

Danjuma on his way ………

it couldn’t happen, could it?!!!!!!!! 🤔

C00CE96D-0377-4C07-BC4F-ECFAD68167F0.jpeg

I don't think we have much chance of signing him due to cost and/or the competiton we would face but that would certainly be the type of signing that would provide a huge boost.

Even the EDP is not helping by trying to suggest there's a certain degree of impatience or frustration that no one has officially signed for City yet. But honestly, the signatures of Dimi, Ben Gibson and Angus are just a matter of time and behind the scenes im sure SW and Co are working flat out  to get guys in and yes...if what Paddy is saying what that "high up" is suggesting is right then it most often takes time indeed to get the true mouth watering  transfers to get done...if at all...as it no doubt requires incredible bargaining to shift  all the scenario's together to make  transfers happen...but if anyone can do it then its Webber for sure. Im more than patient to wait if it means some real tasty transfers coming our way.

2 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Even the EDP is not helping by trying to suggest there's a certain degree of impatience or frustration that no one has officially signed for City yet. But honestly, the signatures of Dimi, Ben Gibson and Angus are just a matter of time and behind the scenes im sure SW and Co are working flat out  to get guys in and yes...if what Paddy is saying what that "high up" is suggesting is right then it most often takes time indeed to get the true mouth watering  transfers to get done...if at all...as it no doubt requires incredible bargaining to shift  all the scenario's together to make  transfers happen...but if anyone can do it then its Webber for sure. Im more than patient to wait if it means some real tasty transfers coming our way.

Have you got a link to where paddy said this?

4 hours ago, Essjayess said:

This is just Media talk !!

i have Heard from my Man ( unnamed for many years with some great info in the  past that i have shared on here  )

Everything is going really well on the Transfer front incoming all Norwich targets have been idenified also we have even agreed terms with some players 

on the out going front there is one downside another one of our star players is leaving ,

Buying players is like buying a houses sometimes you are in a chain , someone buys x that club wants our player so we need a replacement 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i have Heard from my Man ( unnamed for many years with some great info in the  past that i have shared on here  )

Everything is going really well on the Transfer front incoming all Norwich targets have been idenified also we have even agreed terms with some players 

on the out going front there is one downside another one of our star players is leaving ,

Buying players is like buying a houses sometimes you are in a chain , someone buys x that club wants our player so we need a replacement 

Aarons or Todd?

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Thanks norfolkngood 😀 

That's cheered me up! I know from previous years that you are a reliable source and only pass on what you believe to be true! (there's still part of me that worries though - "many a slip between cup and lip" sort of stuff 😅)

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Thanks norfolkngood 😀 

That's cheered me up! I know from previous years that you are a reliable source and only pass on what you believe to be true! (there's still part of me that worries though - "many a slip between cup and lip" sort of stuff 😅)

Cheers Badger 

Yes Football is Like that Transfer can be done then off in minutes ,

i do try to stay away from sharing anything Transfers for that very reason 

he would not tell me who was leaving but he said the player has agreed terms 

On 16/06/2021 at 13:54, Uncle Fred said:

The Euros are being played, players and club staff are still on holidays etc. You have nothing to be worrying about. It’s going to be an eventful 7-10 days coming

13 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

The Euros are being played, players and club staff are still on holidays etc. You have nothing to be worrying about. It’s going to be an eventful 7-10 days coming

Exactly imagine you had a player in the Shop window at the Euros , you would be Crazy to sell him before 

Most the Scounting is done and dusted , But a great Euros could add a couple of million to his price tag 

Downside is he may have a shocker or get injured 

26 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

he did not say who , sorry 

I should imagine Aarons, I can't imagine the interest is out there for Cantwell at £30million.

I will explode if Aaron’s is sold, no need to sell him, sell him a vision to stay we need to build not keep weakening 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Have you got a link to where paddy said this?

If you go on Spotify and listen to the mini podcast they did for the release of the fixtures, it’s towards the end when they are talking about Buendia leaving.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I should imagine Aarons, I can't imagine the interest is out there for Cantwell at £30million.

I think we’ve all accepted Aarons was off. Tbh I didn’t think Buendia would have been shipped out as quick as that but shows how much I know. 

All I care about is whether the incomings will make our squad harder to beat. I couldn’t give a sh*t for flair so long as we stay up for at least one more season than usual. Can’t lie, as much as like winning the Championship, I am a bit sick of our Premier League cameos and wouldn’t mind sticking around for a bit.

Plus if we go down again, they’ll be massive changes at the club. Ones which might take a while to adjust to. 

• Like 2

I can see both Aarons and Cantwell going, if the money is offered. I can see Leicester coming in should Maddison go to Arsenal.

Cantwell did very well last time in the premiership.

13 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I think we’ve all accepted Aarons was off. Tbh I didn’t think Buendia would have been shipped out as quick as that but shows how much I know. 

All I care about is whether the incomings will make our squad harder to beat. I couldn’t give a sh*t for flair so long as we stay up for at least one more season than usual. Can’t lie, as much as like winning the Championship, I am a bit sick of our Premier League cameos and wouldn’t mind sticking around for a bit.

Plus if we go down again, they’ll be massive changes at the club. Ones which might take a while to adjust to. 

'Plus if we go down again, they’ll be massive changes at the club. Ones which might take a while to adjust to.'

Yeah Farke and Webber resigning will start to sink this boat of ours

We could yet lose both, and for me Aarons is better than Todd, but a half decent rb is far easier (and cheaper) to find so I’d probably be more disappointed to see Todd leave.

It sounds good that we are making progress with our targets - surely we all thought we must be behind the scenes - but agreeing terms with targets is maybe the easy part: it feels the trickier bit is agreeing a fee with the selling club….we heard rumours last summer of several of our players (eg Max) having agreed terms with sides, but no one came close to our valuations.  Hopefully as we do have a bit more ££ this year we can land a few more of our ‘A’ list targets.