Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

11 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

It seems extremely unlikely doesn't it?

Usually you can tell the rubbish from the fans' reaction, and unusually there are some people taking this seriously. Makes me wonder if this guy does have some credibility.

The scintilla of credibility that one might squeeze out of this sugestion is that Spurs are quite well blessed on the midfielder front, but less so at right back. On the performance levels last season i think it would be hard to split the contributions of Aarons and Skipp, so a straight swap wouldn't be something I would object to. 

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Correct- He's priceless to Spurs.

In what way? 

The fees talked about for Aarons are higher than what I think Skipp is worth (mainly due to his position).

Cash + Skipp for Aarons would be a good deal, I think, but would Skipp want to come here permanently? Seems relatively unlikely

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Skipp isn't worth £30m'

Correct- He's priceless to Spurs.

Hes really not.

30 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Webber has said £30m minimum for Max. Skipp isn't worth £30m.

Webber also said a ‘crazy’ offer from top 6 club but let’s not drag over those coals. If general fans opinion on Emi’s value was 40 and we got 33 plus addons it’s conceivable Max’s best offer would be 20% less than we think in these post covid times, although same applies to skipp. I don’t think a straight swap would be terrible business, I see skipp having more potential personally but a fair deal would probably involve some money our way I agree

4 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Webber also said a ‘crazy’ offer from top 6 club but let’s not drag over those coals. If general fans opinion on Emi’s value was 40 and we got 33 plus addons it’s conceivable Max’s best offer would be 20% less than we think in these post covid times, although same applies to skipp. I don’t think a straight swap would be terrible business, I see skipp having more potential personally but a fair deal would probably involve some money our way I agree

Why would the fans valuation of Emi dictate what price we eventually accept for Max? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why would the fans valuation of Emi dictate what price we eventually accept for Max? 

I think the point being made was that the fans were expecting £40m for Buendia whereas the club's valuation was around 20% less. The same could be true of Aarons.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think the point being made was that the fans were expecting £40m for Buendia whereas the club's valuation was around 20% less. The same could be true of Aarons.

Equally as true and likely is that the club's valuation of Max is £40m. Or £100m. Or £2.50 and a packet of prawn cocktail quavers.

I think finding some transfer rule of thumb from one transfer is a bit silly.

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Equally as true and likely is that the club's valuation of Max is £40m. Or £100m. Or £2.50 and a packet of prawn cocktail quavers.

I think finding some transfer rule of thumb from one transfer is a bit silly.

You think it’s equally likely that the clubs value of Max is a packet of prawn quavers and £2.50 as it is that covid has depressed players values by 20%. Please also note the word conceivable, as in not certain. This is why I gave up explaining my points to you TY, to dumb it down for comprehension would be to appear condescending to other forum users

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

18 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

You think it’s equally likely that the clubs value of Max is a packet of prawn quavers and £2.50 as it is that covid has depressed players values by 20%. Please also note the word conceivable, as in not certain. This is why I gave up explaining my points to you TY, to dumb it down for comprehension would be to appear condescending to other forum users

Hmm. This looks like a good feud that had passed me by until now!

24 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Agreed. 

I mean who the hell eats prawn flavoured Quavers? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Evil Monkey said:

Agreed. 

I mean who the hell eats prawn flavoured Quavers? 

Skips I understand but Quavers should just have one flavour as far as I'm concerned.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Skips I understand but Quavers should just have one flavour as far as I'm concerned.

*still waiting for salt and balsamic vinegar Quavers....

20 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

*still waiting for salt and balsamic vinegar Quavers....

Dont you mean Hand Crafted Sea Salt and Artisan, 12 year old  Balsamic Vinegar ,Quinoa based Quavers ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Dont you mean Hand Crafted Sea Salt and Artisan, 12 year old  Balsamic Vinegar ,Quinoa based Quavers ?

Sounds great, but I've only eaten quinoa once, in a chicken salad at a cafe-bar in Athens so not sure how that would go. Sea salt and balsamic vinegar crisps is never a bad call though. 🙂

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

As someone who has experience of pretentious middle class crisp alternatives, I can recommend lentil curls.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

As someone who has experience of pretentious middle class crisp alternatives, I can recommend lentil curls.

Lentil Curls are a favourite in this house, but we offset the middleclassness by shopping in Aldi (Lidl also do Lentil Curls but the Aldi ones are superior imo). 

3 minutes ago, Evil Monkey said:

Lentil Curls are a favourite in this house, but we offset the middleclassness by shopping in Aldi (Lidl also do Lentil Curls but the Aldi ones are superior imo). 

Please tell me this is about the Bosnian, Ivan Lentil, who takes a mean corner.

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Rumoured to be signing on a five year contract for £2.50 and a bag of prawn quave.... Hang on, wait, we've gone full circle here people! 

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

😂 

Like anyone would waste their time with this idiot. He's not even in my stratosphere. Let alone league.

38 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'll try them, as a side note, There is a dark side to Quinoa, its a staple of the rural Peruvian diet, now its become trendy, its being priced out of their reach.I no longer seek it, its nice but it aint fair taking their grub when we dont need it. Man.

37 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

That adds a whole new meaning to keeping your finger on the pulse of transfer rumours.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

'They melt in your mouth'

Younger Steptoe iirc.

36 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That adds a whole new meaning to keeping your finger on the pulse of transfer rumours.

You've been on fine witty form lately Gunny. And no I'm not trying to butter you up old bean!!!

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You've been on fine witty form lately Gunny. And no I'm not trying to butter you up old bean!!!

Peas yourself. 😉

37 minutes ago, duke63 said:

'They melt in your mouth'

Younger Steptoe iirc.

Wasn't that the add campaign for Snaps? They used to have a cheese flavour when I was young which were lovely, now it’s just tomato flavour🤔

• Like 1

On 12/06/2021 at 08:21, horsefly said:

I don't think we spent enough time on here blaming Buendia for not being Lionel Messi. How he got off so lightly I shall never know.

On 12/06/2021 at 09:25, Branston Pickle said:

Hmmm.

IMO it seems the main ‘criticism’ of Dowell is that he isn’t Emi...who clearly had a certain somoething about him (both good and bad).  FWIW I think Dowell will do well in the PL and he also has a good dead ball in him.

The assertion I was responding to was literally that he was a “potential Buendia replacement”.

3 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

I thought he played Tennis?