Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

37 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Blackburn want £25m for Armstrong... Are they on smack?

English. Proven goalscorer. Overrated.

It's not a case of 'being on smack' it's a case of not wanting to sell your best talent, combined with the current virus transfer market and English players always demanding large fees.

2 hours ago, repman said:

I don't think Klopp has much say in transfers at Liverpool and the fact Davies hasn't managed to play a game over 2 young CB's doesn't reflect brilliantly on him. 

Could just be speculation on their part to see if they can get a tune out of him as left footed CBs are incredibly prized. Mings is now started for England for Christ’s sake.

We did well getting Gibson for the price we did.

Edit: and I’ll hold my hand up that I was not a believer when we were relentlessly chasing him but have been proved wrong.

Edited by WD40
Mea culpa
  • Like 1

My opinion  has always been that Gibson would be in that England squad if Dyche played football. Are Mee and Tarkowski better defenders? I'd say they're at least as good if not better, of course. But neither are as good a passer as our Ben and Mings starting is proof of how important a left footed CB who can pass is becoming in the modern game and particularly in our style. Gibson has been a truly great signing and I believe he will prove his quality in the Premier League.

15 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Another day ticks by and not even a sniff of a signing?

where has all the money gone? 

Obviously Delia has gone on holiday with it and you appear to be the only person who knows that the transfer window shuts tomorrow..

• Haha 1

Given Emi's high-profile transfer, most clubs are likely to add a premium to their asking prices when Norwich come calling for their best players! The kind of negotiation challenge Stuart Webber relishes...

33 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

We must be waiting to sign up whoever the star player ends up being in the Euros

With Gold prices as they are (£1300 per ounce), anyone who is worth their weight in Gold is now a very reasonably priced player.

Let's take Emi for example at 72 Kg he comes in at £3.3m on the gold standard.

In fact Emi would have to weigh an incredible 720 Kg to be worth his weight in gold-based on what we sold him for.

Even if he really lets himself go I can't see that happening. 

Maybe I need to get out more often. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I imagine they want £25m in the same way we wanted £50m for Godfrey.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

James Maddison to Arsenal is trending on twitter.

Can I be the first to mention a sell on fee?

You can definitely mention it but be prepared for Cambridge to make an entire thread of it.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

hqdefault.jpg

Keyboard Clown School? There’s a few on here who certainly graduated with flying colours! 🤡🤡

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

Keyboard Clown School? There’s a few on here who certainly graduated with flying colours! 🤡🤡

I never gave permission for that photograph to appear on here.  
image.jpeg.4560ace0cd514013ebe17f861e096347.jpeg

Edited by Midlands Yellow

5 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Wow that would be something, the entire football club, what a scandal that would be!

Or do you mean the town of Blackburn? 😁

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Didn't you hear? Delia and Michael ordered a 40 tonne truck load of the finest caviar and are currently working their way through it with Stuart and Daniel in a suite at the Ritz. Apparently they're using the club's expense account credit cards as spoons. 

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Didn't you hear? Delia and Michael ordered a 40 tonne truck load of the finest caviar and are currently working their way through it with Stuart and Daniel in a suite at the Ritz. Apparently they're using the club's expense account credit cards as spoons. 

Well at least it isn’t getting wasted 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Pleased that soothes your anger.

36 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Getting wasted is probably the best way to read your posts.

3 hours ago, birchfest said:

Now on the pinkun too, let’s see if this one becomes anything, no doubt by the end of the day one of the local journalists will let us know if this is ‘way off’ or a ‘person of interest’ from a source at the club.

He looks an interesting one but I'm always wary when we're part of a list of clubs- firstly because it can sound like we've been added by an agent to make their client look more in demand and secondly because those other clubs will generally be bale to out muscle us financially.

However 9 goals from midfield, 24 years old, apparently north of 6 foot tall and on the edge of the Spanish national team? Sounds brilliant.

22 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

They’d take £10/12m with add ons.

Edited by Midlands Yellow

5 hours ago, birchfest said:

Now on the pinkun too, let’s see if this one becomes anything, no doubt by the end of the day one of the local journalists will let us know if this is ‘way off’ or a ‘person of interest’ from a source at the club.

It’s usually “wide of the mark”. The influence of Paddy “wide of the mark” Davitt. 

• Haha 1