Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Punishment for the elite 6

"The actions of a few clubs cannot be allowed to create such division and disruption," the Premier League said.

"We are determined to establish the truth of what happened and hold those clubs accountable for their decisions and actions."

The Football Association added: "We wrote to all of the clubs to formally request all relevant information and evidence regarding their participation.

"Once we have the required information, we will consider what appropriate steps to take."

How about a 40 point deduction next season and a one year ban on any transfers, in or out..

That would do nicely.

A quiet harrumph and a stern looking at. Maybe a couple of tuts to really show displeasure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

A quiet harrumph and a stern looking at. Maybe a couple of tuts to really show displeasure.

A Paddington hard stare. 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

A Paddington hard stare. 

Not as hard as that. I don't think the men in charge of football could go that strong.

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not as hard as that. I don't think the men in charge of football could go that strong.

Do you think they will send them to the bottom stair to sit and think about what they have done? 

They will tell them that the next time they come up with such a plan, make sure the brown envelopes are suitably more padded. 

A serious finger wagging coupled with telling them how naughty they've been.

They could always threaten them with the age old "Wait until your father gets home" line.

Are you allow to give footballers a bloody good hiding to discipline them like you used to be able to with children?

4 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Raze them and salt the earth.

I like this. Has a real biblical edge. Would ask for a plague of locusts but they're stuck in League One.

4 hours ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

A serious finger wagging coupled with telling them how naughty they've been.

They could always threaten them with the age old "Wait until your father gets home" line.

Are you allow to give footballers a bloody good hiding to discipline them like you used to be able to with children?

Not sure why you want to punish the (innocent, for once) footballers. But surely the owners do not now qualify as owners under the fit and proper, or whatever, so should be disqualified from owning a club.

Knowing the Premier League, they'll probably just end up giving them even more money.

• Haha 1

No home fans allowed for the BIG 6 next season / and no fans also for their away games. They can watch all the other proper clubs welcome back the fans in envy. A good lesson on what's important. I know it won't make a financial dent but it would hurt. All 4 sides of Carrow Road in Yellow for those visiting.

Edited by Michael Starr

50 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

Easy punishment. Make them pay off their debts in full

Too right. The whole reason they have such huge debts is simply because they pay ridiculous transfer fees and wages. I think that a new rule should be put in place where a club with debts of a set amount should not be allowed to spend more than they receive

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Walcombe canary said:

Easy punishment. Make them pay off their debts in full

Best idea so far.

I wonder how many of the owners would :-

a) be financially able to do it

b) be prepared to do it

c) put the club into administration to get away with not paying.

Greedy b@stards.

• Like 1

For financial mismanagement of a club that club is deducted 12 points.  Surely their actions threatened the entire structure of football and the financial position of every other club, that must be more serious. 

Edited by Newtopia
  • Like 1

I reckon a minimum 10 point deduction for next season.

It would also make next season more exciting than ever.

22 hours ago, duke63 said:

I reckon a minimum 10 point deduction for next season.

It would also make next season more exciting than ever.

10 points wouldn't be enough,  Abu Dhabi F.C. would still be Champions.....

How have man utd not faced fines or deductions for their fans getting the game Vs Liverpool postponed? Surely that just sends a really bad signal. 

Nothing will happen.  The media are already back to their usual sycophantic fawning all over the “big six”, particularly with Chelski and the Abu Dhabi Light Blues getting into the Euro Soccerball Final.

4 hours ago, splendidrush said:

10 points wouldn't be enough,  Abu Dhabi F.C. would still be Champions.....

Yea but Arsenal and Spurs might be relegated. 😄

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Nothing will happen.  The media are already back to their usual sycophantic fawning all over the “big six”, particularly with Chelski and the Abu Dhabi Light Blues getting into the Euro Soccerball Final.

You are well named Naturalcynic and I tend to agree with you. I was looking at the starting line ups of the Chelsea team and Real Madrid last night. Just Mason Mount as the only English player with the cream of Germany, Spain, Belgium, French, Brazil etc filling the other team slots. This morning the media are all over the two English clubs reaching the final. The PL is already a version on the famed super League with the "top 6" (they even have a collective term). The inequality is astounding and enormously boring from a competitive point of view. 

One of the reasons given by Juventus and Madrid for the league was they couldn't sustain player wages and transfer fees. We can solve that little problem for them by banning them from transfers for two seasons?

Not sure why so many have said that fans should be banned-what have they done to deserve being banned?

Points deduction and/or fine, but only if there is provision for this in the existing Premier League  disciplinary process.

13 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

One of the reasons given by Juventus and Madrid for the league was they couldn't sustain player wages and transfer fees. We can solve that little problem for them by banning them from transfers for two seasons?

If they couldn’t sustain wages and transfer fees then why did they pay such high fees/wages in the first place? Force them to pay off their debts in full before they spend any more like Walcombe said, so they would have to sell their talent and sign up youth team products/players from lower tiers to reduce their transfer fees and wage bill.

It should be the same for all the PL teams as well

• Like 1