2 hours ago, birchfest said:

Deary me, part of me thinks it hilarious. A large part of me to be honest. Another smaller part makes me think what would have happened if we had stuck with Doomcaster or for that matter more recently Moxey. Once again, read it and be careful what you wish for. We are very lucky to have owners and a manager/director of football like we currently do, but let them lot be a tale of woe for those who want 'Delia to sell up' or start demanding for Eddie Howe if we draw a couple in the next few fixtures.

No, Eddie Howe is being lined up by Newcastle. I kid you not.

14 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

No, Eddie Howe is being lined up by Newcastle. I kid you not.

Isn’t he off to replace Lennon at Celtic?

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Binners appear to see Dyer and Butcher as the dream ticket. 😂

Danny Dyer and Pat Butcher? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Some were debating on twitter whether they could tempt Rafa Benitez so clearly they haven't fully come down to earth yet.

The question was put to Rafa but I don't think his response is suggesting the length of contract he'd like...

image.jpeg.f0fa0d75fb38f926481fd301f7c549d3.jpeg

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

The question was put to Rafa but I don't think his response is suggesting the length of contract he'd like...

image.jpeg.f0fa0d75fb38f926481fd301f7c549d3.jpeg

And Eddie Howe suggested they are only going one way...

image.jpeg.1d1e2431ed01d69370161fa8b6dc1835.jpeg

All joking aside Ipswich need to start being far more strategic in their appointments and avoid coaches with a chip on their shoulder. Follow our model.

Forget promotion this season get someone who can develop younger players. Fielding fullbacks with a combined age of over 70 is ridiculous.

Lambert is (was) good at in-game decisions but ultimately works for himself, not the club.

Neil Lennon will be available soon; another lunatic to avoid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

They seem to think they'll manage to get Paul Cook, who has just turned down Cardiff. I mean obviously you'd turn down a mid-table Championship club to go to a League One club with no money to spend and no prospects!

I think Cook turned down Cardiff so he certainly won't be interested in them. If Evens was thinking of getting rid of Lambert I don't think he would have let him bring in a couple of loans. We almost want them to get a draw tomorrow so he isn't under quite so much pressure 

Edited by FenwayFrank

About to happen according to BBC

BREAKINGChelsea set to sack Lampard

BBC Sport confirms the Blues are to dismiss their manager and former midfielder.

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

About to happen according to BBC

BREAKINGChelsea set to sack Lampard

BBC Sport confirms the Blues are to dismiss their manager and former midfielder.

Odds on the binners claming he's on his way to Portaloo road?

The Statement

I loved the last sentence.

I predict we are more likely to see a tumbril than an open top bus ride.😂

"While we are very disappointed that the EADT/Ipswich Star has taken this stance, we fully understand the frustrations of supporters with recent results.

The performances and results of the opening stages of the season have not been mirrored over the last two months or so and the manager, staff and players are fully aware that there needs to be an improvement if we are to achieve the goal of promotion back to the Championship this year.

Owner, Marcus Evans, has recently reiterated his support for the manager and with players now coming back from injury and the recent addition of Josh Harrop and Luke Thomas to add competition to the squad, he - and everyone at the Club - remains fully behind the management and players in the challenge ahead.

We are two points off the Play-Offs with games in hand on nearly all the clubs above us and we have not yet reached the halfway point in the season. There is a lot of football to be played yet, 75 points up for grabs in what is a very challenging season on many fronts.

So yes, we understand the frustrations of the local newspaper and yes we understand the frustrations of the supporters.
The manager, his staff and the players are frustrated as well but they are determined to turn those frustrations into celebrations."

• Haha 2

I hadn't realised that Ipswich lost to the mighty Sunderland last night, so they're now 5 points off the play-offs, with Accrington above them having 2 more games in hand.

It is the very solution the farmhands are calling for that has put them in this parlous state ie all their grubby little club needs is the 'right' manager, and it all falls into place.

the shabby state if their ground should ably point out where things have been going wrong. The talk if funding a CAT 1 academy, appointing two CEOs ho had no previous experience of running a football club, and a majority shareholder who was indifferent at best.

Bleeding the club dry has left a relatively non existent academy, a squad made up of lower league cast offs and aged retainers. Lamberts words not long into the job were that the club was a mess.

So what was Evans reply. Let us carry on with the slide as long as you carry on either trying to get us promoted or,

I'll give you the time to rebuild

Believers in the firmer need not read further

There are 15 plus of the senior squad who are out if contract this summer. I see no talk of extending any of those contracts. There will be a huge clear out, and with clubs earnings being hit this past season it will be a buyers market. Clubs will be able to dictate terms on an almost take it or leave it basis.

However if your understanding of the game is based around waving a pitchfork at the screen and chuntering in about how many should be playing on top then quite basic stuff like this will have passed you by

Just as it appears another long term plan with our club did for a number if senile malcontents

On 24/01/2021 at 20:40, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Latest rumour going round is Lambert’s time is up. Bookies have stopped taking bets on his sacking and the Club are releasing a statement soon. I’m hoping that its they have the backing of the manager. 

It will probably be to announce a 10yr contract

Ipswich are the perfect metaphor for Brexit. From the silky skills of their Dutch maestros Muhren & Thijssen to Paul Lamberts cloggers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Ipswich are the perfect metaphor for Brexit. From the silky skills of their Dutch maestros Muhren & Thijssen to Paul Lamberts cloggers. 

What HAVE you been smoking ?

18 hours ago, Bill said:

There are 15 plus of the senior squad who are out if contract this summer. I see no talk of extending any of those contracts. There will be a huge clear out, and with clubs earnings being hit this past season it will be a buyers market.

I read this somewhere else.

It looks to me like they are right up Schitt Creek.

1 minute ago, First Wazzock said:

To be honest it could be the reset they need.

Can we buy them out and turn them into an academy of sorts - no need to lend our talent out to L1 teams if we have our own. And we could recycle our NHS away kit too. 

Contracts running out could be a blessing. They could then replace them with part-timers to facilitate saving up to pay off Lambert.

• Haha 1

To get anywhere near stable in the championship they need a good two or three seasons of joined up thinking. Can’t see that happening anytime soon. Good riddance.

6 hours ago, king canary said:

To be honest it could be the reset they need.

They said that about dropping down from the Championship though

Edited by Icecream Snow
  • Like 2

They can't do much of a rebuilt with that crippling wage cap. Another year in that division will set them back even further. They'll let most of that 15 go and then promote youth team players. A lot of their players left over will still be on high wages for that division which will severely limit their ability to bring in new players. Anyone they do look at will be known quantities at L1/L2/NL level because they don't have a scouting network outside of the uk so they won't be able to find bargains like we do. If they don't go up this year they are in serious trouble of becoming stuck in that league for a long time. I see them doing a Coventry and having to spend some time in L2 before they ever become upwardly mobile again. 

7 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Excellent . I hate when people get all sensible about the Binners. Feeling-sorry this , and I-miss-the-derby that . Sod all of that sensible nonsense . I hate them. I hope never to play them again , or even be in the same division . 
Some of us had to endure Micky Mills and his ludicrous mustache not only beating us and winning things but PLAYING FOR ENGLAND . It was a nightmare of epic proportion . 
So let them forever stay in the lower swamps of the football pyramid , struggling to compete with Accrington Stanley and slowly sinking into putrid oblivion. 
How marvellous! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Excellent . I hate when people get all sensible about the Binners. Feeling-sorry this , and I-miss-the-derby that . Sod all of that sensible nonsense . I hate them. I hope never to play them again , or even be in the same division . 
Some of us had to endure Micky Mills and his ludicrous mustache not only beating us and winning things but PLAYING FOR ENGLAND . It was a nightmare of epic proportion . 
So let them forever stay in the lower swamps of the football pyramid , struggling to compete with Accrington Stanley and slowly sinking into putrid oblivion. 
How marvellous! 

Absolutely spot on GPB. 

• Thanks 1