Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Middlesbrough match thread

Could one of you nice young people put the team on here for me please? Then pop round and put the ifollow machine on my TV? And get me a nice cup of tea. 

Thank you 💛💚

I mean I do understand resting Pukki but he scored twice and got an assit over the break and looked pretty deadly and up for it.. Other than that can't really argue with the team. Time for Hugill to step up

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting to see fully fit ready to play Cantwell vanishing from the team again..

And Mcalear on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

And Mcalear on the bench. 

That threw me for a second lol Thought it should be McClean then realised my error when McClean was there as well.

Farke needed to include players to meet the qualified quota.  9 subs not doing any favours.

The Cantwell situation is strange - for us to name two keepers with him omitted entirely surely suggests an injury or illness. The alternative makes you wonder if he is finished with NCFC

Just now, pete said:

Farke needed to include players to meet the qualified quota.  9 subs not doing any favours.

It is a positive thing for youngsters to be involved in the match day squad, good experience for them.

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

The Cantwell situation is strange - for us to name two keepers with him omitted entirely surely suggests an injury or illness. The alternative makes you wonder if he is finished with NCFC

I mean 24 hours ago Farke was coming out saying he was fit and ready to play.

Then out comes the video with Cantwell reading rude things 'fans' have said about him..

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean I do understand resting Pukki but he scored twice and got an assit over the break and looked pretty deadly and up for it.. Other than that can't really argue with the team. Time for Hugill to step up

I think hugill will step up , he's struggled so far but I think he'll come good today.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sorry to sound a bit old fashioned but is he still getting paid? 

Just now, Canary dwarf said:

I think hugill will step up , he's struggled so far but I think he'll come good today.

Hugill will have had a good two weeks working with Farke and the other coaches so should be fired up to do well today. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Are Drmic and Leitner in the declared squad and if not I assume they’re not permitted to be named in a match day twenty? 

I don't think there is a declared squad in the Championship?

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Are Drmic and Leitner in the declared squad and if not I assume they’re not permitted to be named in a match day twenty? 

I'm assuming they are history in any event as far as Farke is concerned. Clearly he supports youth and younger players for the bench. That has to be a positive.

The presence of a second keeper would indicate that someone dropped out at very short notice and there was no one else available - injury or illness, maybe even a positive test or isolation. Hopefully not something long term.

• Thanks 2