Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Middlesbrough match thread

12 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The presence of a second keeper would indicate that someone dropped out at very short notice and there was no one else available - injury or illness, maybe even a positive test or isolation. Hopefully not something long term.

I would assume that said player dropping out unexpectedly at the last minute would be Cantwell given him not being in the squad and all

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell missing again will just start the rumour mill running again after Farke declaring 24 hours ago he was fit to play. Something needs to be said by  either the club or Cantwell to prevent social media going OTT.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Cantwell missing again will just start the rumour mill running again after Farke declaring 24 hours ago he was fit to play. Something needs to be said by  either the club or Cantwell to prevent social media going OTT.

I'm not sure a statement  would do the trick Tillo  , some seem just programmed not to take things at face value and assume all sorts, despite lack of any real evidence. And as for stopping social media going ott,  best of luck with that one.

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'm not sure a statement  would do the trick Tillo  , some seem just programmed not to take things at face value and assume all sorts, despite lack of any real evidence. And as for stopping social media going ott,  best of luck with that one.

But no one knows the real reason, if he’s declared fit surely he should be in the squad? I want to see Cantwell back as soon as possible, he’s got the potential to be our match winner and season player of the season! Just want the best players available when needed.

11 minutes ago, kirku said:

Apparently, Drmic and Leitner aren't even in the country..

Not too surprised, when you have not played for a club in.. almost a year now is it now? And the only time you have played it's with the under 21's you probably would not be all too fussed about said club to be fair to them

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why does the club need to pander to idiots? Nothing they say will stop people going over the top, so why bother. Anyway people want a scandal it's the same reason that they proclaim a player to be THE THING BEST EVER or the worse than my nan, it makes them feel like they have something worth saying.

Just now, Indy said:

But no one knows the real reason, if he’s declared fit surely he should be in the squad? I want to see Cantwell back as soon as possible, he’s got the potential to be our match winner and season player of the season! Just want the best players available when needed.

Indeed. Much as he get's slack Cantwell has bags of potential and can easily turn a game around. Look at when he last played for us, utterly bossed it.

• Like 1

I don't think this is bad with two keepers. If we accept McGovern probably won't be staying too much longer, why not give Barden a taste of being a sub keeper with a proven, experienced international telling him how it's done from the bench?? All part of the matchday experience. Nice to see McAleer get it - Farke's done this before.

Hell, Man City away last game of the season was a prime example as he let a couple come on late just for that experience.

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

OK we'll just have to sit back and let what is turning into a ridiculous situation play itself out even if it has been going on throughout pre season and now heading towards Christmas.

15 minutes ago, kirku said:

Apparently, Drmic and Leitner aren't even in the country..

Leitner's Insta shows him to have been in Munich training on his own.

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Why does the club need to pander to idiots? Nothing they say will stop people going over the top, so why bother. Anyway people want a scandal it's the same reason that they proclaim a player to be THE THING BEST EVER or the worse than my nan, it makes them feel like they have something worth saying.

So nobody other than ' idiots ' want to know what on earth is going on then ? Not having that at all as i am sure there is hardly a City fan not scratching his head over the situation.

I hate to say it, but I am struggling to remember a norwich striker with a worse first touch than Hugill.   Makes me nostalgic for Chris Brown. 

Edited by Orly

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

OK we'll just have to sit back and let what is turning into a ridiculous situation play itself out even if it has been going on throughout pre season and now heading towards Christmas.

Yes, indeed, we are powerless. Its not a situation I welcome at all, but I see no solution , mainly because the subject is dragged up nearly every day ...and that's just on here, I dont do any social media so am pretty much oblivious  to what's being said other than what's  reported  on here. I'm sure that as soon as there is something concrete to report, well be told. If I was running the Club I'd  put protecting a player above fans curiosity.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yes, indeed, we are powerless. Its not a situation I welcome at all, but I see no solution , mainly because the subject is dragged up nearly every day ...and that's just on here, I dont do any social media so am pretty much oblivious  to what's being said other than what's  reported  on here. I'm sure that as soon as there is something concrete to report, well be told. If I was running the Club I'd put protecting a player above fans curiosity.  

The bit in bold is the whole damned thing in a nutshell. 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If I was running the Club I'd  put protecting a player above fans curiosity.  

Well as far as that is concerned a player missing from a squad of 20 just 24 hours after Farke stating he was fit to play hardly helps now does it ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well as far as that is concerned a player missing from a squad of 20 just 24 hours after Farke stating he was fit to play hardly helps now does it ?

Ah well,I agree it sucks , but there you are.  Best wishes to Todd.

This really is a crunch match for Hugill. It is just the sort of game he is supposed to offer the "battering ram" style we have been missing. 

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not too surprised, when you have not played for a club in.. almost a year now is it now? And the only time you have played it's with the under 21's you probably would not be all too fussed about said club to be fair to them

They're still under contract - the club would have to authorise their total absence, it's not a unilateral decision. 

All Boro so far. We've had very little control of the ball or offered much threat in the final third.