Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Middlesbrough match thread

Just now, Clint said:

That 45 mins just underlines how good and vital Pukki is. A worry that we have no viable alternative until Jan at the earliest.

I don't think its just Pukki. 

Stiepermann capable of moments of brilliance but can't really ever get on the ball, Dowell can play a bit so looking forward to him at number 10 (or Cantwell if he sorts himself out).

Also only got Buendia willing to run at players, but he's not always got the pace to really pull it off, so put Hernandez in that side on the left and we'd look a completely different proposition.

And really we need to be looking at how infrequently Placheta beats his man on the outside to whip a cross in. Needs to be doing it more often, he's got the pace to leave people for dead but doesn't really attempt it. 

Then we've got those beautiful Xavi crosses missing, that's what Hugill needs. Never going to thrive off Buendia through balls., he's not that player.

Is a bit guttering that Akpom was the same cost as Hugill though. Not sure about wages of course, but he looks a real handful up top for them! 

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Pukki on! Good stuff.

Preparing myself for the post match 'Hugill picked up an injury and will be out until the new year' 🙃 annocment

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Protecting him from what exactly because yesterday's comment from Farke has surely hung him out to dry ?

I do hear what you’re saying, Tilly. And it’s maybe after the game in the debrief that’s we find out Todd fell ill, had a stomach bug etc, it really could be nothing and that we will see him against Stoke on Tuesday. But if there’s something more serious, possibly even unconnected to football, then it would make total sense why the club haven’t said anything or even aren’t at liberty to put it out there for public consumption. Through social media etc they are being very supportive and have far from banished him, and I wouldn’t think that would be the case if he was terrorising the club or anything. Just don’t know to be honest and that’s why I don’t want to speculate - just hope he’s ok and we get 3 points today! 

Placheta messing around with it on the edge of the box, just boot into row Z for christ's sake. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I’m convinced Tim Krul can now use mind powers to make people mess penalties up. He’s the next stage in human evolution.

• Haha 1

Not seen that for a long while. Colin will be going a deeper shade of red😅

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I do hear what you’re saying, Tilly. And it’s maybe after the game in the debrief that’s we find out Todd fell ill, had a stomach bug etc, it really could be nothing and that we will see him against Stoke on Tuesday. But if there’s something more serious, possibly even unconnected to football, then it would make total sense why the club haven’t said anything or even aren’t at liberty to put it out there for public consumption. Through social media etc they are being very supportive and have far from banished him, and I wouldn’t think that would be the case if he was terrorising the club or anything. Just don’t know to be honest and that’s why I don’t want to speculate - just hope he’s ok and we get 3 points today! 

Rob Butler has said at half time that the club say he has a knock. Todd’s tweeted about it too apparently

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

My iFollow crashed just as the penalty was disallowed... why was it chalked off? And did they miss a retake? 

Double hit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

My iFollow crashed just as the penalty was disallowed... why was it chalked off? And did they miss a retake? 

double tap, goal disallowed, well spotted by ref.