Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Middlesbrough match thread

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Cantwell missing again will just start the rumour mill running again after Farke declaring 24 hours ago he was fit to play. Something needs to be said by  either the club or Cantwell to prevent social media going OTT.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes of course i forgot you had confirmation from a Twatter post.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Did you expect him to post something other than that ?

Why the change of tune from your sensible pre-match comment on the omission of Cantwell?

Both Cantwell and Farke have come out and confirmed it, yet it appears to be you who is the one still going OTT despite your own earlier comment!

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I disagree. Look at our last season in the Championship. Ben Godfrey obviously has many skills but basic defending is not top of the list. 

(See how I did that without calling anyone names?)

What name did I call you? 

Oh I didn't? Then please stop making things up. 

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Still not fluent but getting the job done.👍

Stiepermann is the reason for that. 

Dowell or Cantwell the missing piece. 

• Like 1

Yes Steipermann is just not that good, one pass per game looks good, but his constant loss in possession, slow in passing meaning it gets blocked 9 out of ten times and his lack of urgency just make us look like we’re playing with ten men at times!

Cantwell needs to be given that chance as soon as he’s fit. Decent guy who’s been good for us, but really nothing more than a squad player, Dowel or Cantwell for me any day.

I felt Placheta today has his best game. He is slowly growing into the team. Still needs better decision making but you sense his confidence is growing. The call up to the national team must have helped. Yet he seems to be forming more of an understanding of how we play. At some stage I'm hopeful it all clicks because we are still not firing on all cylinders.

The players should love looking at that table tonight before setting up for Stoke. Now is the time to consolidate.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Completely different level of football.

If you want to compare the two players then watch Hanley in the first month of last season! 

Stupid comparison. 

Hanley has been my man of the match, but its blatantly obvious that if we were to be promoted we'd need to invest in that area of the pitch. 

That wouldn’t be a fair comparison either. You are taking Hanleys worst period of last season and ignoring the way he improved later on we don’t know if that will be the case for Godfrey. I think you likened Hanley to a donkey earlier this year but even by that time it was a bit out of date.

That said I still agree that should we be promoted it’s certainly the number one area needing improvement.

22 minutes ago, YellowYawner said:

I think you likened Hanley to a donkey earlier this year but even by that time it was a bit out of date.

I don't think I did, prove it or shut up. 

Edit: I've just searched the forum word "donkey" and then filtered by my username, and I definitely didn't. 

Do you always make things up?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Sorry this is a bit late I wasn't seeing the notifications when I was quoted. 

But ask nicely (ahem) and you shall receive

You'll have to see your quote in the reply by hogesar. You were quoted by multiple people so deleting or editing your first post doesn't work.

"Just signed for the team in 6th, a team which has excellent centre backs, after a trial at Roma... whilst we sit rock bottom miles away from safety having to play that donkey Hanley.

You absolute (removed)"

Charming. But no. I don't make things up.

Edited by YellowYawner
  • Haha 3

Blimey, I thought it was only the RTB/hand crank poster who did that sort of thing

'makes ya think don it'

let's hope Barbie Blue doesn't start as well 😏