Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Onel Hernandez out for 10-12 weeks :(

FFS !! You really do have to wonder whether this is a continuation of attrocious bad luck or training methods.

• Like 1

Can we hijack Cardiffs move for Harry Wilson on loan!? With Hernandez and Dowell both injured think we need someone in today. 

An absolute farce, two knee ops pre season and now this, on top of all the other  non match situation injuries other players have regularly suffered under Farke, it is becoming a joke for a side tipped for a top EFL finish! Another tailor made excuse for Mr Webber and his cronies.

We do seem to have an inordinate number of players made of glass compared to other teams.

Injuries like this are also going to be worse during this congested season- if he is out until the end of 2020 that means he misses 18 league games.

Painful.

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

FFS !! You really do have to wonder whether this is a continuation of attrocious bad luck or training methods.

If there is any issue, it would imo be the way fitness is geared to computers and data to the 'nth degree. The human body is a machine up to a point but if you treat it too much like a machine, or if the  level of functionality and efficiency of muscles is measured in too regimented a way, there will inevitably be failures on some occasions. We've all seen the computerised machines they use for strengthening and testing individual muscles and muscle groups, but in wanting to finely tune a body to get the absolute max out of it, then in getting that, there is always a danger that you push something too far. I guess all clubs have these computerised machines nowadays, but a computer is still only as good as the way it is used - and like VAR - if you use technology badly, you make it next to useless in getting it to do what you want it to do.

Our club prides itself on its science and it's state of the art equipment and I'm not going to say it definitely is the technology that causes or leads to so many injuries, but the interests of the club are geared to getting the absolute max out of players and in trying to get that it could be that sometimes the technology pushes things too far - or misses weaknesses that lead to injuries.

All top clubs have these facilities and all clubs get injuries, but in recent years it seems that more players get injured in training than used to be the case and you do have to wonder if technology - as well as being a great help, also is part of the problem. 

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

As far as I can see, only Hernandez and Byram are the only players in the squad out through injury?

I think some people are getting massively carried away...

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

As far as I can see, only Hernandez and Byram are the only players in the squad out through injury?

Dowell

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Carried away? On the Pinkun? Jeez Alexo, they wouldnt, would they.

On a serious note, this is an operation that has to be done, and correctly too ,I know of one very promising young player whose career was effectively ended by an adductor op that wasnt 100% successful.. best wishes Argos. Maybe while recovering he can practice keeping his head up and making good choices with the ball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Dowell

So a whopping 3 players then? I’d hazard a bet that most other Championship clubs likely have 3 or more to contend with themselves.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

So a whopping 3 players then? I’d hazard a bet that most other Championship clubs likely have 3 or more to contend with themselves.

No, you don't understand Alex; Farke, Webber and Delia are working in cahoots to ensure that 75% of our squad remain injured at all times because they desperately want Norwich to fail. In fact, rumour has it around here that Farke himself is sneaking around the training ground with a crow-bar, knee-capping the players.

The fact that it's actually only 3 players for whom we have a wealth of cover (which Farke et al brought in over the summer) is just fake news.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If there is any issue, it would imo be the way fitness is geared to computers and data to the 'nth degree. The human body is a machine up to a point but if you treat it too much like a machine, or if the  level of functionality and efficiency of muscles is measured in too regimented a way, there will inevitably be failures on some occasions. We've all seen the computerised machines they use for strengthening and testing individual muscles and muscle groups, but in wanting to finely tune a body to get the absolute max out of it, then in getting that, there is always a danger that you push something too far. I guess all clubs have these computerised machines nowadays, but a computer is still only as good as the way it us used - and like VAR - if you use technology badly, you make it next to useless in getting it to do what you want it to do.

Our club prides itself on its science and it's state of the art equipment and I'm not going to say it definitely is the technology that causes or leads to so many injuries, but the interests of the club are geared to getting the absolute max out of players and in trying to get that it could be that sometimes the technology pushes things too far - or misses weaknesses that lead to injuries.

All top clubs have these facilities and all clubs get injuries, but in recent years it seems that more players get injured in training than used to be the case and you do have to wonder if technology - as well as being a great help, also is part of the problem. 

I think this sums it up.

Yes, we have received a lot of injuries in the last three years or so, but football as a whole has seen a big increase in the number of injuries over the last couple of decades and it's showing no sign of slowing down.

In order to gain an edge on the competition, clubs are increasingly using technology and sports science to push players' bodies and make them 1% quicker, fitter and stronger every year.

Every species has an evolutionary limit and footballers are close to it. Players are being pushed to the edge of human limits and their bodies are almost permanently at breaking point.

55 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Can we hijack Cardiffs move for Harry Wilson on loan!? With Hernandez and Dowell both injured think we need someone in today. 

Think centre back is more urgent, at a push we can use Pukki out wide and give Hugill a crack. 

Stierpermann can also do a job as a wide player, and Cantwell may stay and get back on the horse. 

We can't use Pukki or Stiepermamn at centre back though. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think this sums it up.

Yes, we have received a lot of injuries in the last three years or so, but football as a whole has seen a big increase in the number of injuries over the last couple of decades and it's showing no sign of slowing down.

In order to gain an edge on the competition, clubs are increasingly using technology and sports science to push players' bodies and make them 1% quicker, fitter and stronger every year.

Every species has an evolutionary limit and footballers are close to it. Players are being pushed to the edge of human limits and their bodies are almost permanently at breaking point.

Im not sure about this, I think data (from America, where theyve been using this sports science longer) shows that injuries reduce when maximising use of  technology. 

The issue is the modern game is played at a higher speed than it used to be, people cover more distance during a game/season and put more miles on the clock.   

this and congested fixtures

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Think centre back is more urgent, at a push we can use Pukki out wide and give Hugill a crack. 

Stierpermann can also do a job as a wide player, and Cantwell may stay and get back on the horse. 

We can't use Pukki or Stiepermamn at centre back though. 

How about Cantwell left, Martin right and Emi in the middle at no 10 where he can cause some damage

6 minutes ago, Haus said:

Im not sure about this, I think data (from America, where theyve been using this sports science longer) shows that injuries reduce when maximising use of  technology. 

The issue is the modern game is played at a higher speed than it used to be, people cover more distance during a game/season and put more miles on the clock.   

this and congested fixtures

When we were promoted I think we were one of only three teams to keep players at the training ground and do double training sessions - one in the morning, one in the afternoon. Leeds were another.

That's why we get more injuries. 

Means we need a large squad to pull that off, which makes going into a season with three centre backs and one left back is absolute insanity. 

It is to do with the intensity of our training schedule, not technology of the speed of the game. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Hernandez the latest sicknote. Slightly worrying that Placheta also missed a game recently.

What's the situation with Hanley, is he available now?

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hernandez the latest sicknote. Slightly worrying that Placheta also missed a game recently.

What's the situation with Hanley, is he available now?

Both in full training.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Back to the days of Hughton at this rate - it will be like watching paint dry!

Hernandez has almost zero end product though.

With Pukki's two assists on international duty, lets get him in the hole or out wide and stick Hugill or Idah up top.

Thankfuly we have Placheta who has shown zero signs of injuries

Wait

Uh

Thankfuly we have cantwell and Buendia who dont have issues with us 

Wait uh

Thankfuly we have Ruup who can play on the wing

🙃

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Dowell

Pukki on left not bad idea assisted from left for Finland winner.  Absence of Onel opens door for Martin to operate on right.  Too soon for Cantwell to be included needs attitude change Todd needs to get used to not being destined for PL return and back to being creative and stop giving ball away in dangerous areas.