Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

worrying numbers from over the water yesterday, where they have been slowly rising for several weeks.

Germany 12k, Italy 22k, France 30k.

Here at home, today's  new cases of 6753 is actually up on last Thursday's of 6572, its the first  comparable midweek daily rise compared to  the previous week day in quite a long time. But Tuesday and Wednesday of this week were slightly lower than comparable days last week.  I do get the feeling  that now we down to around 5 or 6k  new cases a day that any decreases will be achingly slow, its like we are into the hardcore now, those wretched few cases in each area that seemingly pop up from nowhere.

It is the time of the real true test of  how much the vaccines can help in keeping  new cases  low. but  with the short history of this virus so far one feels, along with lockdown easing, that  a trend  in case increases is inevitable....but somehow we just dont want to see 60k a day cases ever again.

3 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

Your damn right I'm self righteous.

And it's been attained from the steadfast belief and courage of my convictions that the path I have chosen is the correct one.

The brain dead around me confirm this on a daily basis.

But humour me, assuming your one of the vaccine joyous, prove me wrong. Shake my belief. Prove me to be a 'Covidiot'.

Give me your answers to the below:

1. Why do you believe wearing a face nappy protects you from Covid and is stopping the spread, UK and Worldwide, when there has been no clear definitive direction on the efficacy of mask wearing, and an abundance of opposing detail, such as Government and health officials stating in the beginning categorically that they are of no use. Fauci said it, Hancock and Vallance said it. Only to do a massive U-turn weeks later. Are you even aware of the countless studies and research done that not only debunks masks, but highlights the damage they can cause? Florida and California, amongst other countries, India, Sweden etc. 2 opposing State responses, one mandating masks and Lockdowns, one the opposite. Virtually the same Covid statistics. I'm very keen to get a challenging response to this info. If your adamant masks work, explain your reasoning other than the BBC and Boris and Hancock said so.

2. Why, assuming your pro vaccine, do you want an experimental mRNA jab, in phase 2 trials, untested, that the Gov and Gates himself have even said we don't know what the long term effects are and we won't know for another 2 years, that countless professional doctors and scientists have come out and warned against, and the adverse reaction sheet is into the 100,000's now, with how many deaths worldwide post jab? Why do you believe Boris and Gates etc. have your best interest at heart and are telling the utmost truth? Are you that gullible? And why, after 12 months if this, when most likely the world and his dog have been exposed to Covid, and therefore will have built up memory t cells, anti bodies and immunity to Covid and it's many variants, do you believe you still need a vaccine to protect against it? Why have you forgotten that humans and viruses, particularly Corona and other flu viruses have co-existed for thousands of years without the need for mass vaccination? But no, because Boris and the TV now tell you we all need vaccines or we will definitely all die, you believe it.

I would really love some answers and I genuinely mean that. Because so far after 12 months not one person can offer anything other than "your a Covidiot" "where's your tin hat" and " The Gov and the BBC have our best interests at heart."

I'll leave you with Ivermectin, Vit D and Zinc. Proven treatments that have been suppressed and the Government have been completely silent on from day one. There are billions being made from this Covid scam. What did Lord Falconer say? Covids the gift that keeps on giving? No, the masses just ignore that don't they.

I'm not denying Covid exists, I had it so know better than some, but the response has been entirely about something very different to protecting your health.

Also largely ignored is the incredibly misleading death statistics where deaths from all causes within 28 days of a positive covid test are counted in the covid statistics. It’s an absolute nonsense. My father in law died from cancer but had covid listed on his death certificate as he caught it in hospital at the end of his life, how many more of these so called covid deaths are similar stories? 

20 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Here at home, today's  new cases of 6753 is actually up on last Thursday's of 6572, its the first  comparable midweek daily rise compared to  the previous week day in quite a long time. But Tuesday and Wednesday of this week were slightly lower than comparable days last week.  I do get the feeling  that now we down to around 5 or 6k  new cases a day that any decreases will be achingly slow, its like we are into the hardcore now, those wretched few cases in each area that seemingly pop up from nowhere.

It is the time of the real true test of  how much the vaccines can help in keeping  new cases  low. but  with the short history of this virus so far one feels, along with lockdown easing, that  a trend  in case increases is inevitable....but somehow we just dont want to see 60k a day cases ever again.

Huge amount of tests over the last few days though, probably way more than any other country ??

I guess we are just finding more due to that high level of testing.

19 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Huge amount of tests over the last few days though, probably way more than any other country ??

I guess we are just finding more due to that high level of testing.

Under half a percent positives.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Yes remember schoolchildren and their families are being asked to do regular tests now,  so the number of tests is really huge right now, this will pick up a higher number of cases even though case numbers continue to decline.

24 minutes ago, JF said:

Also largely ignored is the incredibly misleading death statistics where deaths from all causes within 28 days of a positive covid test are counted in the covid statistics. It’s an absolute nonsense. My father in law died from cancer but had covid listed on his death certificate as he caught it in hospital at the end of his life, how many more of these so called covid deaths are similar stories? 

This will likely become apparent when we see the data for excess deaths. Most countries will look very similar when this is all over.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ricardo said:

This will likely become apparent when we see the data for excess deaths. Most countries will look very similar when this is all over.

Possibly but not all excess deaths will be from covid. Many will also be from the response to the virus and people not wanting to trouble the nhs when they needed urgent treatment 

Edited by JF

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

I think that is highly unlikely and certainly wasn't the case last year when the 'well' performing and 'poorly' performing countries were almost invariably the same ones on both the Covid deaths and the excess deaths measures.

But I think most would agree that excess deaths is a far better measure of the overall impact of the virus on individual countries and it is also provides a much better comparison between countries given the differing methods used to record 'Covid' deaths which are irrelevant to the excess deaths figures.

First America and now EU approve the single dose Johnson and Johnson. This week is seeing a huge up tick in vaccinations around the world, with probably 60 - 70 million doses administered this week,

• Like 1

12 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes remember schoolchildren and their families are being asked to do regular tests now,  so the number of tests is really huge right now, this will pick up a higher number of cases even though case numbers continue to decline.

Just a clarification- school kids are doing lateral flow tests so these are not included in the official stats. Your post is correct, its official stats plus school kids so a huge number of tests. Just thought it was worth clarifying that point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

From Monday 15th March people in Wales can get a haircut.  Boris Johnson please note.

🎵. 🎶

"We'll keep a welcome in the hillside....."

😉

7 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s going on in Europe , cases rocketing , worryingly we usually follow!

Er no, they are in fact several weeks behind us. They are only now beginning to feel the effects of the more contagious variants and since their vax prog is also weeks behind ours the result looks highly predictable.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Er no, they are in fact several weeks behind us. They are only now beginning to feel the effects of the more contagious variants and since their vax prog is also weeks behind ours the result looks highly predictable.

What is going on in Devon is more pertinent. Two more care homes with lots of cases and more deaths. Yet all apparently vaccinated.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What is going on in Devon is more pertinent. Two more care homes with lots of cases and more deaths. Yet all apparently vaccinated.

It’s certainly something keep an eye on, but I wonder what the age of those who have sadly died in this latest round are and would they possibly have died with flu this year or other as now with Covid?

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s certainly something keep an eye on, but I wonder what the age of those who have sadly died in this latest round are and would they possibly have died with flu this year or other as now with Covid?

The report on BBC says a person who was already receiving end of life care.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Our local South West news noted that the care home staff themselves had all contracted Covid but not really suffered. The deaths are among the residents. So as you say, it could have been their time and Covid just accelerated it.

What might be vital is whether any have contracted the virus twice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Our local South West news noted that the care home staff themselves had all contracted Covid but not really suffered. The deaths are among the residents. So as you say, it could have been their time and Covid just accelerated it.

What might be vital is whether any have contracted the virus twice.

I wonder how many of the staff have been vaccinated?

Yes guys, it’s always easy to react to headlines, till all the facts are laid to review it’s certainly easy to panic, still concerning. As for catching viruses more than once, it’s common isn’t it, just the second time the immune system identifies the virus and stops it, thus it’s less of a threat full stop.

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yes guys, it’s always easy to react to headlines, till all the facts are laid to review it’s certainly easy to panic, still concerning. As for catching viruses more than once, it’s common isn’t it, just the second time the immune system identifies the virus and stops it, thus it’s less of a threat full stop.

We shouldn’t be surprised to see this happening, there will be plenty more examples as time goes on, we will inevitably see deaths amongst the vaccinated population, it’s a question of proportionality 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Van wink said:

We shouldn’t be surprised to see this happening, there will be plenty more examples as time goes on, we will inevitably see deaths amongst the vaccinated population, it’s a question of proportionality 

Absolutely it happens with all other viruses and diseases, as we all said we will have to come to an acceptable level of hospitalisation and death from Covid, with vaccines and treatments will certainly see these levels decrease over time but from this year onwards it will have to be accepted that we are living with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I wonder how many of the staff have been vaccinated?

At one home certainly, all the staff had been vaccinated.

I wonder why three homes in Devon? Their countywide figures were negligible even in Plymouth.

Todays new infections are 700 up on last Friday...2nd day running that cases have increased...thats to early of course to affect the 7 day rolling stat yet,  but would not take many more days like this to see even the weekly rolling stat increasing for first time in a couple months. With the ONS saying NI  cases has levelled off, these are just the first small signs that decrease is likely to reverse to increase again...none of us want that, but if it happens lets hope for small increase at most.

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Todays new infections are 700 up on last Friday...2nd day running that cases have increased...thats to early of course to affect the 7 day rolling stat yet,  but would not take many more days like this to see even the weekly rolling stat increasing for first time in a couple months. With the ONS saying NI  cases has levelled off, these are just the first small signs that decrease is likely to reverse to increase again...none of us want that, but if it happens lets hope for small increase at most.

That expected ESS - the ONS are as ever far more informative.

However - there is currently no room for error.