Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

11 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes brilliant to see 560k doses yesterday.

Great news and a lot more to come we are told

Wise words....

"Prof Adam Finn, a member of the UK's Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), warned that, given evidence of the vaccine's "real-world effectiveness", a "stop-start approach" to the vaccine programme needed to be considered carefully.

"If clear evidence of serious or life threatening side-effects emerges that will have important consequences," he said.

"However so far it hasn't and it's highly undesirable to disrupt a complex and urgent programme every time people develop illnesses after receiving vaccine that may be coincidental and not causally related."

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Wise words....

"Prof Adam Finn, a member of the UK's Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), warned that, given evidence of the vaccine's "real-world effectiveness", a "stop-start approach" to the vaccine programme needed to be considered carefully.

"If clear evidence of serious or life threatening side-effects emerges that will have important consequences," he said.

"However so far it hasn't and it's highly undesirable to disrupt a complex and urgent programme every time people develop illnesses after receiving vaccine that may be coincidental and not causally related."

Absolutely. It does seem to me there’s a bias against AZ in Europe and they are overreacting. Given the phenomenal number of doses given by now any side effects would surely be very clear whereas it must be expected such a wide cross section at the older end of the population will continue to have health issues unconnected with the vaccine.

9 hours ago, Well b back said:

Worrying news that Ireland maybe about to suspend AZ due to blood clots in adults in Norway.

No, it just means more for us.

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

May only be a day but the initial bit is quite specific “ the decision to suspend AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine was based on new information from Norway that emerged last night “.
It goes on to say “ The NIAC meets this morning and we will provide an update after that “

Due to lockdowns many people  are much less active as they isolate. Sitting around all day with little movement could well bring on more thromboses, just as we can get DVT on an aircraft.  The answer is to exercise and drink more fluids. Older people are renowned for not drinking enough anyway so they will obviously be at more risk at this time.

This is pure scaremongering and ignorance imo.

9 hours ago, Well b back said:

Now suspended in Ireland as a precaution whilst information from Norway last night is looked at.

It's the usual smokescreen as they do not have the vaccines.

41 minutes ago, paul moy said:

It's the usual smokescreen as they do not have the vaccines.

FFS they supplied lots of ours. As KG says grow up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Due to lockdowns many people  are much less active as they isolate. Sitting around all day with little movement could well bring on more thromboses, just as we can get DVT on an aircraft.  The answer is to exercise and drink more fluids. Older people are renowned for not drinking enough anyway so they will obviously be at more risk at this time.

This is pure scaremongering and ignorance imo.

Yes your ignorance. They are following their guidelines. About 2 months ago you were saying that the slightest issue should be looked at in any of the vaccines. Why are you trying to make something of nothing ? They have said it is highly unlikely to be linked, but it is a particular batch that has had a few instances.

Even AZ said they rechecked their data what do you think they should do ? Just keep using and let the anti Vaxers run riot ? They are ensuring safety.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yes your ignorance. They are following their guidelines. About 2 months ago you were saying that the slightest issue should be looked at in any of the vaccines. Why are you trying to make something of nothing ? They have said it is highly unlikely to be linked, but it is a particular batch that has had a few instances.

Even AZ said they rechecked their data what do you think they should do ? Just keep using and let the anti Vaxers run riot ? They are ensuring safety.

Moy would keep it secret if he knew. But its only Europeans anyway.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Moy would keep it secret if he knew. But its only Europeans anyway.

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Grow up.

There’s a lot of nut jobs on here since 2016! Notice they don’t contribute much on the football threads?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Stop scaremongering !!!   The deaths are statistically insignificant and countries are purely using this as a smokescreen for political reasons. 

You are sounding like an anti-vaxxer..... 😂.... Hypocrite !!! 

Edited by paul moy

I won’t really call this inside info but sort of general info to vaccine points via the NHS regards the NHS vaccine roll out. For the rest of March the various outlets are expected to administer 4 - 5 million doses a week. Of course a lot of these will be second doses, but it will hopefully mean all over 50’s will receive 1 dose by 2/4.

Please get vaccinated as soon as you receive your letter or telephone call. Employers now in the main are really good at releasing you for an hour or letting you go early. Also be sure to give anyone with a little reluctance the facts. We always explain these needles are really thin so those that have had it can vouch that it really does not hurt. Others will mention side effects, same as the flu jab and 1 in 10 but it is showing your immune system working and far better than getting COVID. One last regular objection is serious effects, but again you can say 375 million vaccinated and not one serious reaction from any of the vaccines. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Stop scaremongering !!!   The deaths are statistically insignificant and countries are purely using this as a smokescreen for political reasons. 

Deaths are statistically insignificant? 

7 minutes ago, paul moy said:

You really are a complete t***. 375 million jabs no adverse reactions, I think people will laugh at you calling me an anti vaxer, that is so funny.

I am objecting to you lying about supply around the world. Please stop, there will be huge numbers of people vaccinated over the next 2 months, please support these magnificent efforts wherever they are in the world. Sometime in the next couple of hours I will be able to put up the numbers for the week around the world. It will be a huge leap forward as it will be close to 20% of the totals since commencement in December. Enjoy the achievement of the world if that’s possible and remember like many over the coming weeks we will be upping our numbers, but we can only do that with the help of others.

I am full of good news there were indeed 37 events registered by the 8/3. AZ advise via a statement ( from the usual sources for those on the COS thread ) additional tests have and are being conducted by themselves and European medical agencies, the same as happened in Brazil and US during the trials. None of the tests have shown any cause for concern ( as had already been indicated by Norway, Denmark and Ireland in their statements ).

All good news.

The weeks vaccine figures for the world are in wow. We are now a few doses away from 360 million. 122 countries are now vaccinating. To put this into context last week we crashed through the 300 million mark, so this week 58 million vaccinated, whilst 300 million were vaccinated in the previous 3 months. We are now going at 9.5 million a day.

If you live in a “ rich country “ supply does not seem to be an issue. 

7 hours ago, Well b back said:

The weeks vaccine figures for the world are in wow. We are now a few doses away from 360 million. 122 countries are now vaccinating. To put this into context last week we crashed through the 300 million mark, so this week 58 million vaccinated, whilst 300 million were vaccinated in the previous 3 months. We are now going at 9.5 million a day.

If you live in a “ rich country “ supply does not seem to be an issue. 

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&cumulative=1&populationAdjusted=1

This tracker from the FT is not behaind a paywall and updates vaccine figures from counties around the world, fantastic to see the numbers increasing.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&cumulative=1&populationAdjusted=1

This tracker from the FT is not behaind a paywall and updates vaccine figures from counties around the world, fantastic to see the numbers increasing.

I use the Bloomberg which looks like where they get their figures from. Each dose given is recorded on a daily basis, so you can actually see each official dose and supply. It clearly shows the supply amongst the rich countries is huge, Chile are a major mover, they only started in Feb.

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I use the Bloomberg which looks like where they get their figures from. Each dose given is recorded on a daily basis, so you can actually see each official dose and supply. It clearly shows the supply amongst the rich countries is huge, Chile are a major mover, they only started in Feb.

Chile are doing brilliantly .....nice colourfull reporting too😀

https://www.gob.cl/yomevacuno/

Germany the latest to pause the AZ vaccine... I guess they're not arsed about getting some normality back this summer then!

I feel sorry for those who are going to get a nasty bout of covid there in the next few months when it could have been avoided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Germany the latest to pause the AZ vaccine... I guess they're not arsed about getting some normality back this summer then!

I feel sorry for those who are going to get a nasty bout of covid there in the next few months when it could have been avoided.

Put it all in perspective. AZ was delayed once or twice in trials due to similar precautions even here. I'm sure the data will be looked at very closely and it will be given the all clear  - possibly with a caveat for certain conditions. If there is a rare problem we need to know it as well (and we'll look very stupid in the eyes of many if we didn't & were unduly gung-ho). The bigger picture is not wanting to undermine any vaccine and be whiter than white in the eyes of the public. Certain countries have a higher level of vaccine suspicion than others and hence nobody wants to damage even by accident the reputation of all vaccines else a very much bigger problem will follow.

10 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

The odd thing is that while the evidence seems to suggest that clots are not a side-effect of the vaccine, they are a know side effect of Covid 19. This really is the ultimate irony.

13 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The odd thing is that while the evidence seems to suggest that clots are not a side-effect of the vaccine, they are a know side effect of Covid 19. This really is the ultimate irony.

Following each other like sheep. I thought they had more sense but when you think about their response to Fukushima was closing all nuclear plants and going back to coal fired generation then we shouldnt be surprised.

Edited by ricardo

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Following each other like sheep. I thought they had more sense but when you think about their response to Fukushima was closing all nuclear plants and going back to coal fired generation then we shouldnt be surprised.

That is peoples perverse and often ignorant attitudes to risk - especially the large amounts of heavy (and often radioactive) metals released in the prolonged burning of coal. Reminds me of a conversation that is local to KG many decades ago - the gale that blew through Geever was I think largely to shift the Radon.

This country is no different - mention radiation and people panic yet the same people sit in UV sunbeds or like a tan. Many other examples where we let the Perfect be the enemy of the Good.

49 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Put it all in perspective. AZ was delayed once or twice in trials due to similar precautions even here. I'm sure the data will be looked at very closely and it will be given the all clear  - possibly with a caveat for certain conditions. If there is a rare problem we need to know it as well (and we'll look very stupid in the eyes of many if we didn't & were unduly gung-ho). The bigger picture is not wanting to undermine any vaccine and be whiter than white in the eyes of the public. Certain countries have a higher level of vaccine suspicion than others and hence nobody wants to damage even by accident the reputation of all vaccines else a very much bigger problem will follow.

Hmm I can see your point, but this is different from a trial where there is a genuine possibility of serious adverse side effects, that's why trials need to be stopped to evaluate any conditions that come up with participants. Now we're into the full roll-out phase, there have been tens of millions of AZ doses given worldwide and most recipients are either older or have health conditions, so it's to be expected some of them will experience conditions like this.  I'm not convinced stopping the vaccine roll-out will improve confidence, I'd guess it might actually undermine it.

When the full information comes out, I'll be interested to see how many similar cases there were for the Pfizer and AZ vaccine and whether a similar approach has been applied to Pfizer by the countries that have suspended the AZ roll-out.

"Italy’s medicines agency, AIFA, said in a statement that the decision to suspend the AstraZeneca jab, was made in line with other EU countries and while it awaited a ruling from the European Medicines Agency.

The agency stressed the decision was precautionary and that no causal link between “severe adverse events” and the vaccine had been found"

Italy is suffering a huge rise in cases atm!!

Edited by Van wink

Surely the ideal solution would be to tell each recipient that there is a slight risk and get on with it. But continue with researching their worries.

I take a daily medication that has a list of side effects. However, the relief it is giving outweighs the risk of the side effects.