Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Research here adds more reasons to wear face masks. Not only do they reduce Covid infections, they also reduce severity in those who do get infected:

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/humidity-masks-may-lessen-severity-covid-19

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Research here adds more reasons to wear face masks. Not only do they reduce Covid infections, they also reduce severity in those who do get infected:

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/humidity-masks-may-lessen-severity-covid-19

Thanks... but you are in danger of starting the " is coronavirus seasonal" debate again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Thanks... but you are in danger of starting the " is coronavirus seasonal" debate again 

OK, I thought it was pretty well established that it's worse in winter but still bad in summer ?  Have I missed a lot more discussion on that 😷

Thought I would just post this as we hear more and more ‘ my friend or a friend of a friend ‘ was not well after having the jab. You may get an evening where it makes you feel uncomfortable, but this is normal ( no different to the flu jab ) and is much better than catching severe COVID. Please pass the message on if you hear this, so far 320 million vaccinated throughout the world ( Pfizer, Oxford, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, Sputnik, Sinovac ect and no ‘ serious instances ‘.

It's normal to feel a bit unwell after Covid vaccine, say medics

Some people will feel unwell after their Covid vaccine - but that is entirely normal and to be expected, doctors say.

More than one-in-10 people may feel after-effects, including having a headache, tiredness and tenderness where the injection was given.

But people must not be deterred from having the vaccine, which saves lives, the Royal College of GPs says.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

OK, I thought it was pretty well established that it's worse in winter but still bad in summer ?  Have I missed a lot more discussion on that 😷

Its been questioned whether the virus is any different or worse in winter because of the health of its hosts.

15 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

I posted something very similar months ago whereby the theory was that wearing a mask would be to similar to having a vaccination due to the lower dose of virus received. 

7 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Probably!

There were long discussions about whether seasonal variation is solely down to us staying in more, if it is in part at least to the virus doing better under certain climatic conditions and if our health in einter makes us more susceptible .

Turns out a regional football forum doesn't have all of the answers...

National

5926 - 190

1.37 million tests!!!!!!!

under half a percent positives now.

Local

image.png.5bb7c69f81f2a65fb96e88ba81530e6d.png

Almost clear in West Norwich

image.png.6f9f6ae4cfd7dd8c1fd238c292ebe42a.png

image.thumb.png.a3b73632e1293685de39322e6ad45f9b.png

Second doses really getting into their stride now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

National

5926 - 190

1.37 million tests!!!!!!!

under half a percent positives now.

Local

image.png.5bb7c69f81f2a65fb96e88ba81530e6d.png

Almost clear in West Norwich

image.png.6f9f6ae4cfd7dd8c1fd238c292ebe42a.png

image.thumb.png.a3b73632e1293685de39322e6ad45f9b.png

Second doses really getting into their stride now.

Yes Ricardo and another  big milestone for tomorrow....total testings will reach the 100 million mark....this is really something after the very slow start this time last year...on  both testings and vaccines  not many nations can match the UK's output these days so kudos to the government for that.

Lots of good news but lateral flow tests have a 1/1000 false positive rate so if you do 1m lateral flow tests on a population free of Covid you'll get 1,000 cases showing up.  Not sure what the false positive rate for PCR is ?

Nevertheless I support the approach because we need to keep new case numbers down while the return to school goes on and the vaccine roll out continues apace.

EU accusing Uk of imposing restrictions on vaccine exports which takes some barefaced cheek given it’s  not true and Italy has stopped some vaccines going to Australia. I wish the EU would focus on ramping up vaccine production and not on mudslinging  to try to deflect the blame for the mess they’re in.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Outbreak at a Devon Care Home where 99% of both staff and residents have had a least one jab.

is this like the other recent outbreaks like this where all the cases were mild or asymptomatic? Did they have the jabs recently?

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Outbreak at a Devon Care Home where 99% of both staff and residents have had a least one jab.

A very sad warning ⚠️ .

15 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

is this like the other recent outbreaks like this where all the cases were mild or asymptomatic? Did they have the jabs recently?

Some were due for their 2nd jab soon, several hospitalised old folk and 1 sadly passed away. 
As YF said, a reminder that the vaccine doesn’t provide full immunity from infection, in fact no vaccine does.

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Some were due for their 2nd jab soon, several hospitalised old folk and 1 sadly passed away. 
As YF said, a reminder that the vaccine doesn’t provide full immunity from infection, in fact no vaccine does.

This my fear. We relax, prevalence soars and it picks off the weakest all over again vaccinated or not. Let us hope we can all keep it under control.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56351084

WBB mentioned this on another thread so have posted it here, a study suggesting people suffering from certain cancers do not develop a strong immune response after one jab and that they need the second jab to get strong protection. Something that needs to be looked at urgently in my view for review of vaccine strategy in this group.

• Like 1

worrying numbers from over the water yesterday, where they have been slowly rising for several weeks.

Germany 12k, Italy 22k, France 30k.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56351084

WBB mentioned this on another thread so have posted it here, a study suggesting people suffering from certain cancers do not develop a strong immune response after one jab and that they need the second jab to get strong protection. Something that needs to be looked at urgently in my view for review of vaccine strategy in this group.

I think it's all part of the whole. The vaccines are excellent but not perfect. Nor can they be guaranteed to work against all new variants. Hence we need to reduce the prevalence asap to rates to which with TTI (& the vaccines) we can control else as sure as night follows day - as Whitty or Vallance said yesterday another wave will engulf us late summer or autumn and  30,000 + more deaths.

People are simply stupid I'm afraid - by way of example yesterday I fueled up at Sainsbury Queens Rd. Two different people - entered the shop unmasked and were served. Yes looking at you Gotts. Should of been refused. Must be on CCTV.

Edited by Yellow Fever

7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think it's all part of the whole. The vaccines are excellent but not perfect. Nor can they be guaranteed to work against all new variants. Hence we need to reduce the prevalence asap to rates to which with TTI (& the vaccines) we can control else as sure as night follows day - as Whitty or Vallance said yesterday another wave will engulf us late summer or autumn and  30,000 + more deaths.

People are simply stupid I'm afraid - by way of example yesterday I fueled up at Sainsbury Queens Rd. Two different people - entered the shop unmasked and were served. Yes looking at you Gotts. Should of been refused. Must be on CCTV.

Here is a really good analogy that sort of shows how the general view is changing. With family members etc I reckon we have seen 25,000 people at our vaccine station. Remembering we are now into the vulnerable groups as well in that time I have only had 2 people tell me they are exempt and probably only 10 people without a mask most of those had left it in car and all happily put on a mask we provided. In contrast if you go to a take away about 1:5 claim they are exempt and they cannot be challenged if they say they are exempt.

Before people shout it is only the young ones, the latest reports show that 43% of over 80’s ( a group that don’t admit to breaking rules ) have admitted breaking the rules after 1 dose. Most of that was having another person in their house.

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Here is a really good analogy that sort of shows how the general view is changing. With family members etc I reckon we have seen 25,000 people at our vaccine station. Remembering we are now into the vulnerable groups as well in that time I have only had 2 people tell me they are exempt and probably only 10 people without a mask most of those had left it in car and all happily put on a mask we provided. In contrast if you go to a take away about 1:5 claim they are exempt and they cannot be challenged if they say they are exempt.

Before people shout it is only the young ones, the latest reports show that 43% of over 80’s ( a group that don’t admit to breaking rules ) have admitted breaking the rules after 1 dose. Most of that was having another person in their house.

One was clearly an OAP - the other mid 30s. I don't think either were challenged. 

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

"People are simply stupid im afraid"...

Oh the irony.

This from someone who believes a word Vallance and Whitty say.

Berating the non mask wearers also. 

Maybe they were exempt from wearing a mask? Or maybe, maybe they weren't brain dead sheep and had actually done some research into the efficacy of mask wearing.

There is no definitive evidence that mask wearing makes a jot of difference, and plenty to suggest they cause harm. Breathing in bacteria, your own Co2 etc.

If masks work, why a year down the line is there no effing change? Why is Florida fully open? Why do they have the same Covid statistics to California? A mask mandated state.

You will have no answers to these questions other than im a Covidiot and there's no way Boris, Hancock and Whitty are lying to us all.

Have you seen the compilation video doing the rounds, of the Government, and Fauci, stating masks are completely unnecessary and provide no protection? Or does your limited brain capacity only store information from the last 6 weeks?

I'm really starting to loathe the mask wearing, vaccine champion, virtue signalling, Government/MSM lie believers.

I've always thought 90% of the population are brain dead.

The response from people to Covid has confirmed it.

The level of compliance and blind delusion from the masses is so disappointing.

WAKE UP!!!!!

Edited by Matt Morriss
Spelling

37 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

"People are simply stupid im afraid"...

Oh the irony.

This from someone who believes a word Vallance and Whitty say.

Berating the non mask wearers also. 

Maybe they were exempt from wearing a mask? Or maybe, maybe they weren't brain dead sheep and had actually done some research into the efficacy of mask wearing.

There is no definitive evidence that mask wearing makes a jot of difference, and plenty to suggest they cause harm. Breathing in bacteria, your own Co2 etc.

If masks work, why a year down the line is there no effing change? Why is Florida fully open? Why do they have the same Covid statistics to California? A mask mandated state.

You will have no answers to these questions other than im a Covidiot and there's no way Boris, Hancock and Whitty are lying to us all.

Have you seen the compilation video doing the rounds, of the Government, and Fauci, stating masks are completely unnecessary and provide no protection? Or does your limited brain capacity only store information from the last 6 weeks?

I'm really starting to loathe the mask wearing, vaccine champion, virtue signalling, Government/MSM lie believers.

I've always thought 90% of the population are brain dead.

The response from people to Covid has confirmed it.

The level of compliance and blind delusion from the masses is so disappointing.

WAKE UP!!!!!

Self righteous fool detected. Ignored.

• Like 3

I'm gutted he didn't write SHEEPLE at the end. Could have won a tenner. 😉

• Haha 2

Your damn right I'm self righteous.

And it's been attained from the steadfast belief and courage of my convictions that the path I have chosen is the correct one.

The brain dead around me confirm this on a daily basis.

But humour me, assuming your one of the vaccine joyous, prove me wrong. Shake my belief. Prove me to be a 'Covidiot'.

Give me your answers to the below:

1. Why do you believe wearing a face nappy protects you from Covid and is stopping the spread, UK and Worldwide, when there has been no clear definitive direction on the efficacy of mask wearing, and an abundance of opposing detail, such as Government and health officials stating in the beginning categorically that they are of no use. Fauci said it, Hancock and Vallance said it. Only to do a massive U-turn weeks later. Are you even aware of the countless studies and research done that not only debunks masks, but highlights the damage they can cause? Florida and California, amongst other countries, India, Sweden etc. 2 opposing State responses, one mandating masks and Lockdowns, one the opposite. Virtually the same Covid statistics. I'm very keen to get a challenging response to this info. If your adamant masks work, explain your reasoning other than the BBC and Boris and Hancock said so.

2. Why, assuming your pro vaccine, do you want an experimental mRNA jab, in phase 2 trials, untested, that the Gov and Gates himself have even said we don't know what the long term effects are and we won't know for another 2 years, that countless professional doctors and scientists have come out and warned against, and the adverse reaction sheet is into the 100,000's now, with how many deaths worldwide post jab? Why do you believe Boris and Gates etc. have your best interest at heart and are telling the utmost truth? Are you that gullible? And why, after 12 months if this, when most likely the world and his dog have been exposed to Covid, and therefore will have built up memory t cells, anti bodies and immunity to Covid and it's many variants, do you believe you still need a vaccine to protect against it? Why have you forgotten that humans and viruses, particularly Corona and other flu viruses have co-existed for thousands of years without the need for mass vaccination? But no, because Boris and the TV now tell you we all need vaccines or we will definitely all die, you believe it.

I would really love some answers and I genuinely mean that. Because so far after 12 months not one person can offer anything other than "your a Covidiot" "where's your tin hat" and " The Gov and the BBC have our best interests at heart."

I'll leave you with Ivermectin, Vit D and Zinc. Proven treatments that have been suppressed and the Government have been completely silent on from day one. There are billions being made from this Covid scam. What did Lord Falconer say? Covids the gift that keeps on giving? No, the masses just ignore that don't they.

I'm not denying Covid exists, I had it so know better than some, but the response has been entirely about something very different to protecting your health.

Edited by Matt Morriss

GSK have a new anti body cure, the results are so amazing the trial has immediately stopped. I cannot link it as on my phone, but the world moves a step nearer with what seems to be a cure and medicine before you get anywhere near the hospital. 

Ah got it

The trial of a new drug treatment against Covid-19 appears to have been so successful it has been stopped early.

According to GSK and Vir Biotechnology, the pharmaceutical companies behind the monoclonal antibody treatment called VIR-7831, it has reduced hospitalisation or death by 85%.

The drug was tested on 583 patients in US, Brazil and Spain who were all at high risk of being admitted to hospital with Covid – but we have little more information.

The full data on the trial has not yet been published, making it difficult to judge exactly how effective it is.

This kind of treatment holds real promise against Covid and several types of monoclonal antibodies have already been authorised for use.

They provide artificial immunity to patients by making antibodies for them in a bioreactor.

Vaccines, on the other hand, trigger the body to make their own antibodies to fight off disease from the virus.

Despite the existence of vaccines, there is still a need for good and effective treatments – particularly for those who have weaker immune systems.

• Thanks 1

National

6753 - 181

over 1.5 million tests!!!!!!

Local

image.png.d723cd6b62cb825fa62e91c911de42ea.png

image.png.e8b19995dedea5e0a333340e39fb26f8.png

image.thumb.png.53167d3058ff3bd34ea4b7dc97d88284.png

Almost 100k second doses.

• Like 1