Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Hooper watch - Monday 15th

Can''t help but start to feel that this would have gone through by now if we were serious and now it''s his agent trying to start a biding war or at least try and force better terms from QPR, I think that we wouldn''t be in a biding war if we were seriously interested. Look at Fer and the RVW deals, no messing around.

Impossible to say.  We''ve had a few transfers that we''ve snatched under the noses of another club, eg Redmond, R Bennett.  Or it could just be we''ve bid as much as we''re willing to pay and aren''t going to be pushed up any further by having QPR also bidding.

I think with 4 strikers shipped out this summer, this must be the top priority area for the board to make signings, so if we don''t bid more for Hooper, it must be because we think we can get someone else and Hooper isn''t worth paying more.

I still think he will be coming here and out of the blue we will suddenly hear that he is heading to Norwich for a medical.

We clearly want him and have poured a lot of time and effort into negotiations. I''m confident we will match QPR''s offer when it comes down to the crunch and Hooper will want Premier League football.

Just occurred to me, I was born in Grays, think it''s worth me having a word with Hooper, it might just swing it!

Nicked from WOTB, apparently QPR have given Celtic an ultimatum now:

"Harry Redknapp has given Celtic a take-it-or-leave-it ultimatum over QPR’s £5million-plus offer for Gary Hooper.
Last night he said: “The offer we’ve made is very good, especially when you consider he’s in the final year of his contract. I respect the fact he’s Celtic’s player and they are entitled to get the best possible deal.
“I also don’t believe we should go higher than what we have.
“Hooper is a player I like — but there are other players of interest who we can move for.
“I’m not aware of us being close to a deal with Celtic, despite reports.
“If there’s nothing doing over the next few days then I’d be looking to move on to other targets.”
Norwich City also remain in the hunt for Hooper who’s not in the Celts squad for the Champions League qualifying first leg against Cliftonville in Belfast tonight due to a groin injury.
But it’s unclear yet if they are prepared to match or improve on QPR’s offer"

That''ll be the jist of what we have said to them (but privately) I would imagine, with the benefit of Hooper preferring us (apparently)

I really want us to sign GH- for the fact that we need strikers if nothing else!

I''m choosing to believe that no news is good news for City i.e. we havent heard that we''ve been definitely rejected.

Just read the headline about QPR topping our bid on the main page, but didn''t spot the question mark until I started reading the piece!

That question mark made all the difference!

I read the other day that Hooper wants to play in the Premiership to increase the chances of an England call-up. If that is the case, then I reckon we have a better chance of winning him than QPR

This Hooper transfer saga is getting as irritating and long-winded as the ''Cesc-Fabregas-From-Arsenal-To-Barcelona'' story that ran on, and on, and on. And on zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I''m guessing we''ve pulled out of it anyway and are looking elsewhere.

Why are we (if we are) still messing about with this guy. If he''s even just considering playing for QPR in the Championship then he''s not a player for us. Hope we pull out & he ends up playing at Scum level.

Stumbling blocks.Celtic want more moneyThe player wants to come to NorwichThe agent wants him to go to QPR - so he gets more moneyNorwich don''t want to pay more than they have offeredResult - stalemate. 

Shame. Hooper would''ve been a good signing, hungry, something to prove. Ends up at QPR probably getting promoted and banging in goals for them during the 2014/15 season.

[quote user="NCFC TIll I die"]Looks like his going to QPR then shame. If he didn''t get picked for England in SPL he definitely won''t in the championship silly move if goes there.[/quote]
Have I missed someting?

As posted above the front page is old, old ''news''. I saw on t''internet today that Harry Rednapp has now issued an ultimatum to the Hoops to accept their offer or not as he feels that £5 million is the maximum Hooper is worth. This suggests that Celtic have not accepted their bid and therefore have not given permission for QP to discuss personal terms with Hooper although, no doubt, they have done so via his agent. Lennon has said that he expects it all to be sorted next week so I guess we are still in the mix.