Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Hooper watch - Monday 15th

There is no way that a club like celtic are going to be publically held to ransom for a £4m player. I sense if this has come from Norwich it is a public way of binning the interest

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]There is no way that a club like celtic are going to be publically held to ransom for a £4m player. I sense if this has come from Norwich it is a public way of binning the interest[/quote]
If there is a deadline it is more likely to be for Norwich''s benefit, i.e. do the deal or we will move on to another target. As you say Celtic will not be held to ransom and I would expect to now see more activity from Norwich on other targets.

That''s correct. Hooper needs us, more than we need him. (Although we obviously want him, but there are other fish to fry if not, and Celtic could be left with an unhappy player on their hands)

Cant see him going to qpr to play in the championship, think he would reject it and run his contract down to leave on a free.

What''s to say we are? Not seen that idea actually confirmed anywhere, still just media speculation.

That being said you have to draw a line somewhere, if there is a deadline it''s more likely that it''s a "if we haven''t got him by close of play on Monday then we''ll have to move on", rather than any sort of threat to Celtic.

I dont think the deadline is that stupid. If the club have got wind via hoopers agent that he has no intention of dropping down to the championship then it leaves celtic in limbo. They either accept our bid thats lower than qpr''s and get a decent amount for their player or they reject it and accept qpr''s then hooper rejects that and walks away for free in 12 months time.

[quote user="Snoddys Jockstrap"]this ''deadline'' idea is so moronic. Cant believe we''re doing that.[/quote]Not moronic at all.  If it''s a definite no, then it lets us focus time and money elsewhere.

[quote user="JF"]I dont think the deadline is that stupid. If the club have got wind via hoopers agent that he has no intention of dropping down to the championship then it leaves celtic in limbo. They either accept our bid thats lower than qpr''s and get a decent amount for their player or they reject it and accept qpr''s then hooper rejects that and walks away for free in 12 months time.[/quote]

Spot on. Added to which, we''ve drawn a clear line in the sand and can get on and pursuit Plan B if Celtic ar$e about. We cannot leave ourselves in the same position as we did in January where we didn''t have enough time to explore other avenues

Have we bid? Haven''t we bid? Who knows. McNally likes to do his business in private and I''d say if we are close to getting him then we won''t know until a few days before. This one could rumble on for a week or so yet. I''d like to think he''d chose us over QPR but as everyone knows, money talks.

You hear it all the time. If rumours are to be believed deadlines are almost commonplace.

Hooper has one season left on his contract, they''ll be lucky to get £2million for him in January and be able to replace him.

If the offer of £4million plus a player is true, I wonder who it was?

Maybe 4 million plus Becchio? He clearly isnt wanted here and must be the strangest transfer i can remember. Better not be Hoolahan.

You sometimes have to wonder where these stories about transfers come from . One can not see it being good practice for a club to do it certainly not regularly, so I assume its those agents who are trying to get counter bids in .

If Hooper chooses QPR then clearly only cares for the money not quality of challenge. I will be surprised if we do not ge t Hooper in the end but I suspect they will wait and hope for another bid from Villa etc

All of this is being filtered through a media maze, much of which is simply made up. City have been caught up in last minute bargaining over strikers and missed out, including the Hooper saga last January. It doesn''t look like they''re prepared to let that happen again. Deal now or move on.

it would be pretty ludicrous to lose out to a Championship club for the sake of 500k. We clealy want the player, both back in January and still now. Get the deal done, get him over to the USA asap and integrate him with the squad.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]it would be pretty ludicrous to lose out to a Championship club for the sake of 500k. We clealy want the player, both back in January and still now. Get the deal done, get him over to the USA asap and integrate him with the squad.[/quote]

In that case, I think we should graciously bow out!

We clearly do NOT want the player or we would have had him on board already - we clearly DID want RvW hence the reason he is already on board. We may have wanted the player in January (probably as a short term "stop-gap") but we have moved so much further on from this kind of signing - who would probably only be 4th choice striker.

Maybe there is a clue in the fact that there is not one other PL team in for him - even new boys Hull have pulled out! Now he may not like Championship level football and have sufficient faith in himself to be a PL player. In that case, he needs to keep his head down, put the extra shift in and walk out on a free in a years time!

I am sure Becchio would look World Class in the SPL, Hooper may or may not be a hit in the EPL, I would rather we went elsewhere now as the whole thing is boring now.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/harry-redknapp-ups-ante-celtic-2056330

Deadline extended by 24hours apparently lol

[quote user="Mervmeister"]http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/harry-redknapp-ups-ante-celtic-2056330

Deadline extended by 24hours apparently lol[/quote]

how this is going could be extended till end of transfer window