Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Lack of effort by Holt

Shouldn''t a player who comes on late in the game close down defenders and fight for his place in the team. I love Holty but his lack of effort is making it hard to support him and he has no chance of replacing Kamara in the foreseeable future.

Lack of discipline. He was lucky to last sixty seconds. You can understand why Hughton isn''t starting with him.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]If he could use his aggression in a positive way, his performances would improve tenfold but at the minute he just looks like a ticking time bomb.[/quote]Agreed on this, that''s three times in a row I have watched Norwich with Holt coming on as a sub and each time he has looked like petulant little bitchy kid,now I''m a massive Grant fan and never been a knocker but when he has come on he is not playing for the team he is playing to make a point and not in a good way.

Grant brought nothing good to the table today. I still think that if the numptys at MOTD see his scrape down that hairy dude''s shins, he might be in for a retrospective fine.Maybe CH should have given Becchio a go.

I wasnt overly impressed with Kamara either though- as the commentators said he was waiting for the ball to come to him (with a low ball in to the box where he would have had a simple tap in) - he should be rushing to it, aware that the defender is closing him down...

time to start Becchio and watch him prove his worth?

i certainly feel that he seems to have an attitude problem at the moment. nearly every challenge he makes is a foul, and he should/could have been sent off twice in the last three matches. the way he is performing at the moment he is a long way from a starting place.

[quote user="NWC"]Grant brought nothing good to the table today. I still think that if the numptys at MOTD see his scrape down that hairy dude''s shins, he might be in for a retrospective fine.Maybe CH should have given Becchio a go.[/quote]

The referee saw it and acted, so the FA won''t intervene.

I am puzzled as to why Becchio is not being given more opportunities. I t might be that CH sees him as the second striker in a 4-4-2 formation. However if that was the case why buy him if the preferred set up is 4-5-1?

I did ask a Leeds supporting colleague what he thought of Becchio and he said that in the Championship he is great but never performed as well against premiership opposition in cup games. If that''s the reason, again why bring him in?

When will people finally realise he isn''t good enough. Over half of our starting 11 today are not good enough, and if Holt can''t even get in the 11 that is really saying something.

you cant blame him for being demotivated, hes been replaced by an average major league soccer striker whos not really bringing anything better to the team, if you had been the best player at the club for 3 seasons you probably wouldnt be very happy either

Have to say I was surprised Holt hasn''t started the past few games, especially as Kamara is by no means a Premier League player at the moment - however having just witnessed his contribution to the closing stages of the match today I can absolutely see why he isn''t in the starting 11 and to be honest he is lucky even to be on the bench.

Something clearly isn''t right with him, whether his family moving has anything to do with it I don''t know, but he has clearly put on loads of weight and looked totally dis-interested when he came on.

Becciho to start next week for me.

[quote user="technika"]you cant blame him for being demotivated, hes been replaced by an average major league soccer striker whos not really bringing anything better to the team, if you had been the best player at the club for 3 seasons you probably wouldnt be very happy either

[/quote]

Finally, some sense is spoken amongst the nonsense!

So, as our Captain he should play every game with heart and 100% effort, if he is going I to games thinking why should I bother because I''ve been replaced, then please f**k off Holt

[quote user="technika"]you cant blame him for being demotivated, hes been replaced by an average major league soccer striker whos not really bringing anything better to the team, if you had been the best player at the club for 3 seasons you probably wouldnt be very happy either

[/quote]His performances this season have led to him being dropped.  He was 1st choice at the start of the season but has failed to impress and Hughton has done the right thing by dropping him.The Holt of two or three seasons ago would have reacted positively to being dropped and fought back the number 1 position.  This season''s model appears to resent being 2nd choice and demonstrates this by trying to get sent off as early as possible (Sunderland, and now today).  I think he and Calderwood have a pretty big issue with each other.

If the guys not even bothered to lose some weight don''t expect him to put in the extra effort to get his starting place back. Seems to have a big chip on his shoulder. Being replaced by another player is no excuse for it he''s a professional and should act like it. Was also in a good position until he nearly got sent off again, was no need for it.

On another note, I though Kei was good today, first half he had no support Wes was a shadow. Seemed knackered after 70 mins but should have busted a gut to get onto Snoddys ball across. Once he looked tired It felt as though we were never guna get the win, Holt backed up that thought when he came on.

Come on Norwich lets get over the line. Even if it is crawling.

I don''t know why people are criticising Kamara, he was one of our best players today, his hold up play was superb and his first touch was better than I''ve seen previously. Surely Holt now has to be our third choice striker behind Kamara and Becchio.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]

I don''t know why people are criticising Kamara, he was one of our best players today, his hold up play was superb and his first touch was better than I''ve seen previously. Surely Holt now has to be our third choice striker behind Kamara and Becchio.

[/quote]

I agree, kamara was our best forward threat over 90 mins. Snodders and bennett at times did really well but their inability to put a decent cross in at least 95% of the time is a massive problem.

Holt is a joke, a hindrence and id like to see him dropped from the bench till he sorts his head out.

I think kamara should get a contract, he will get better the more he adjusts to the prem.

Holt is likey off this summer, unless he loses some weight quick, and show some interest.

Creates a lotof freekicks just by being too slow and heavy, and rarely challenges to win the ball, instead just trying to shield he ball to get a freekick. He has been like that since the firt kick of the ball last August.

Puzzles me that Becchio was not selected ahead of Holt today, but I guess Holtys scoring record against Swansea did it.

Kamara fought well, but i think Holt would have buried that chance.

[quote user="Proper canary ie not plastic "]Give him chances and he will score but the way hughton plays I don''t blame him for being frustrated. Hughton out[/quote]

You really have absolutely no idea what you''re talking about, do you?

You, along with other seem convinced that CH sets us up to not attack at all. Nothing could be further from the truth today. We were trying to counter attack and looking to get into advanced positions to get the ball into the box.

What we lacks was the execution. Misplaced passes, poor touch and on occasions a lack of composure. None of that is CH''s fault.

The number of times Hoolahan lost the ball or played a poor pass when going forward today beggared belief. You can instruct the players to play however you want, but if they aren''t executing that plan then there''s not a lot you can do as a manager.

you cant blame him for being demotivated, hes been replaced by an average major league soccer striker whos not really bringing anything better to the team, if you had been the best player at the club for 3 seasons you probably wouldnt be very happy either

you either respond by fighting for your place by showing what you are missing (his response last season) or you sulk (not his response this season.

Grant is trying but he is off the pace and is he demotivated more by having an average MLS tar out perform him?

I suspect grant is more unhappy with his and performances allowing kei to start than because kei is starting

I wanted Holt to start today because of his record against Swansea, because he holds the ball up, because being benched for a few games may have given him the nudge he needed. I feel no differently now.

Holt doesn''t look interested, looks unfit and was lucky to stay on the pitch today after less than 60 seconds.

Whatever is going on with him, he needs to sort himself out as he is currently of little use to Norwich City Football Club. He is a man whose best years are behind him, which may be the problem, as money becomes more important.

I would like to see Becchio with Kamara, if Hughton would be so brave.

Thought it was a mistake not starting him before the game, but given his "performance" Houghton was totally justified in leaving him on the bench.

He''ll be lucky to make the squad at all for Arsenal. Something is seriously wrong there somewhere, I''m not convinced it''s down to him being dropped, it''s happened before and he''s always responded positively. Whatever it is he looks a total liability at the moment.

Last season Steve Morison made 21 league starts and 12 subs appearances scoring 9 goals. This season he made 4 starts and 15 subs with little time on the pitch scoring 1 goal. He was berated. Made a scapegoat. Many said he wasn''t good enough. We have paid the price of that and he''s now plying his trade at Leeds.

This season Grant Holt has made 22 league starts and 6 subs appearances scoring 5 goals. When people have said he''s not good enough others have retaliated arguing about the other things Holt brings to the game. The stats give a stark picture but show that Holt has had almost as much time on the pitch this season as Morison did last season. Will he be berated? Will he be made a scapegoat? Will he be hounded out? No. Is it time for him to go? Maybe. In fact quite probably.

He knows he will be second fiddle to RVW and he does not appear to make a good squad player with his attitude now if he is not getting game time unlike say Dion, Iwan or Malky who would bouy up the dressing room.

Holt is not and never will be Mr Norwich City and I think that''s something he doesn''t get.

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 2013-04-06 9:59 PM:

technika wrote:

Finally, some sense is spoken amongst the nonsense!

I think most strikers would be demotivated when you receive absolutely little or no service whatsoever from your supposedly creative midfield players - and it isn''t just Holt who has suffered that this season! Calderwood destroyed Holt with his defensive mindset at Nottingham Forest, and he has done the same here, and Hughton is too bloody blind to see it! Positive attacking intent, particularly in home matches, and goals, win games. Keeping a clean sheet at the cost of nullifying attacking football is a nonsense, and will never win games.