Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Good evening Nutty and good luck Beau.By the way Beau give me a ring about meeting Saturday to give you NCISA''s £50 for KLFC. 0771  421 6616.

Hopefully Bayern Munich will beat Hertha Berlin at home to keep me snapping at the heels of Mr Bump and Fonejacker.

I''m going for something different this week - if its one that''s allowed Nutty??  I couldn''t find it on Ladbrokes.com so might have to re-pick?

I had a friend who I used to work with from Northern Ireland and he liked to regale me with stories of the fierce rivalry between Glentoran and Linfield [he claimed it was worse than Norwich and our friends in Suffolk!].

Anyway, I digress - my pick for this week [hopefully] is:

GLENTORAN -v- Newry      HOME WIN

Glentoran are currently top of the League with 39 pts from 21 games and a GD of +8 [not a great return admittedly] and Newry are sitting third from bottom with 21 pts from 21 games and a GD of -14.

Anyway, something a bit different I hope for Beauseant to consider [;)]

Good Luck to all PUPs this week [:D]

Back into Europe for me this week. I give you this offering from Serie A and...

Juventus v Catania - Home Win

Juve sat 3rd with only 1 defeat at home, Catania are rock bottom with 1 win all season and lost 6 of the last 8.

Very best of luck Beauseant, we''re due a win. And good luck to all PUPs.

My nap is Arsenal to win against Hull, Arsenal are usually quite reliable at Emirates against weaker teams so they should win.

Also other reason I went for it is because of likelehood of games being called off with frozen pitches and snow down through leagues. I''m sure that game will go ahead as Emirates has undersoil heating I think.

Good Luck Beausant and all pickers.

Slim pickings this weekSo I too will go for Glentoran  over Newry. Price not on Ladbrokes but is on Bet365, Coral etc.Glentoran are top of the league, Newry third from bottom.Glentoran have just beaten the team second bottom 3-0 away from home. Newry just lost 1-0 at home to the team in second. Should add up to a comfortable home win.Good luck Beausant! And apologies I cant make the pups meeting again, back to Reading a day too early.

My pick should have undersoil heating.Aston Villa
  • 5-2-1-16-6 at home this season
  • Unbeaten in 7 games
  • Last 3 games have been clean sheets
Vs Stoke
  • 1-4-3-4-10 away this season
  •  6 pts from last 18 games
Home WinBest of luck to the wee man from Kings Lynn, and Merry Xmas to all pickers.

Good luck Beauseant and all you other PUP''s - I look forward to seeing many of you at the meet just after Crimbo, and I promise to step in if I think Beau and Inchy are going to bite Butler on the knee. [:D]

This week I''m heading for Scotland, Dundee v Morton - Home Win.

I need to get a win this week :P as Chelsea let me down last week :PI am going for the Premireship again this week....but will go for ARSENAL to beat Hull at home (for obvious reasons :P)Good luck :D

After missing the last couple of weeks due to internet problems and such-like I am going to go in all guns blazing and fancy Rochdale to overcome Shrewsbury.

Rochdale are currently sitting top of League 2, they boast a decent home record of W7 D0 L3 and have been scoring freely of late without conceeding many, whilst Shrewsbury are sitting in 10th their away record is an average W3 D3 L4 and they have conceeded more than they have scored, with Rotherham facing a tricky match against Dagenham and Redbridge and Bournemouth faultering a little in recent weeks the Dale will see this as a great opportunity to galvanise their title credentials and finally break their 35 year 4th Division hoodoo!!

Good luck Beauseant, here''s hoping we get some early Christmas cheer courtesy of Billy Dixon!!!

Hmmm this is a tricky week. My gut says Villa win and my head says a Bayern Munich Win. So this week it''ll be:

Villa Vs Stoke - Home win.

Davo

I''m going with Sid and......

Juventus v Catania - Home Win - good luck to you Mr Beausant!

Last week was terrible!  A lot of  people had bad naps, hopefully normality will be restored this week. 

Muddy

Merry Xmas pickers. This week I fancy Gillingham to beat Stockport who are fast turning into this seasons whipping boys. They got tonked 4-0 at home in the cup earlier this week. So for me its Gillingham v Stockport home win.

Tough looking week, but you never know... My nap is Panathinikos to beat PAS. It shouldn''t be a tall-order for the athens team to get all 3 points. Best o'' luck PUPs and Beau.And I''m afraid I won''t be able to make the meet. Sorry guys and gals, though I''m sure I''ll see you lot another time.

In view of the weather I''m waiting until Sunday when Chelsea will beat the Hammers..........won''t they?

West Ham v Chelsea........Away win.

Good luck Beauseant. [Y]

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

I''m just going to do the football bit! [:)]

Hoping that the weather will be kind this weekend. I''m going for a home win for Port Talbot v. Cefn Druids.

Port Talbot are W4 D2 L1 F13 A5 at home and Cefn Druids are W0 D0 L7 F4 A22 away.

Good Luck, Beauseant!

[/quote]

Hi Pup''s [&]

Put me down for a home win for PORT TALBOT v Cefn Druids too please Nutty.

Very best of luck with the picks this week Robin, and may I say again what a pleasure it was to meet you and your good lady earlier in the season.

Leedscanary

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

I''m just going to do the football bit! [:)]

Hoping that the weather will be kind this weekend. I''m going for a home win for Port Talbot v. Cefn Druids.

Port Talbot are W4 D2 L1 F13 A5 at home and Cefn Druids are W0 D0 L7 F4 A22 away.

Good Luck, Beauseant!

[/quote]

Hi Pup''s [&]

Put me down for a home win for PORT TALBOT v Cefn Druids too please Nutty.

Very best of luck with the picks this week Robin, and may I say again what a pleasure it was to meet you and your good lady earlier in the season.

Leedscanary

[/quote]

Thanks Kev, it was good to meet you too mate. Best wishes to you and yours for Christmas and the New Year!

Welcome back Berks, I had missed you and I hope everything is ok now[Y]

Mandie - Your (and Trent''s) selection is fine. It''s listed on Boyle Sports as 3/10 for a home win.[Y]

For my selection I''m off to Holland where Feyenoord (who have won their last three games comfortably and haven''t lost since Nov 1st) are at home to Willem II (who have lost their last three and haven''t won since November 1st.)

Feyenoord    V     Willem II      Home Win

Don''t forget to check your pm''s for Lapp''s Christmas Message[B][;)]

Be lucky Beaus[Y]

Had a blip last week with my recent succesful run of away wins, but I''m sticking with it.

Agree with Legend Iwan, St Etienne v Marseille - Away win

Good luck Mr Beauseant

Oh come all ye PUP''s let''s welcome Beau

My nap for you is REAL (Madrid) at home

To beat Zaragoza, placed so low

A safer bet I do not know.

Will it be SIX! and a HO HO HO?

With Santa''s aid our elf will know

Or will he be scuppered by festive snow?[^o)]