Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 2 of the free bet season. This week it’s our great friend CityAngel in charge and making the final selections. Our very own angel has been a regular selector from the start although this will be the first time she has made the final selections. Now we need to giver CA all the help we can just as we did for Muddy last week. The Premiership starts this week as does the Scottish and Welsh Prems  so along with the European Leagues that have already started there will be plenty to choose from.

Of course both Ray and I always agreed that there should be no censorship of matches that can be selected from. And for the purposes of individual selections I will always find out the results and make sure that our PUPs tables are updated. However, for the purposes of the final selections and for the benefit of our great friend Billy Dixon I do ask that we choose matches with odds that are readily available on the Internet. The games Muddy picked last week were fine. When I phone them through to Billy  he trusts me to tell him the odds. If I say Ajax are 1/6 with Ladbrokes Billy replies with something like "OK, I''ll give you 1/5" which is the measure of the man. However, if a game is selected that I can''t find odds with the major British bookmakers it puts both me and Billy in a difficult situation. I hope you pickers understand the point I am having difficulty making.

Now just a reminder that we have the presentation evening to look forward to on 21st. Our friend Lapp will be sending out emails & PMs to remind you but remember that email or not (because sometimes they don''t work) each and every one of you PUPs will be very welcome. So I look forward to meeting as many of you as can make it. If any of you are not sure where and when PM me and I’ll get back to you. It should be a good evening as John Landamore is arranging for Neil Adams to receive the cheque on behalf of the Academy. Billy and Angie will be there and our friend Kev (Leeds) has made so much effort with the trophies and booking B&B for the night so all these people really deserve our support.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to CityAngel now. Don''t get stressed or nervous Diane because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Angel... the free bet is in your safe hands...[:)]...

Good luck CA, a lot to choose from this week, but again I''m going to stick with what I know and the Blue Square Premier. Luton came down from the league although they had enough wins to leave them mid-table in League 2. Gateshead came up from the Blue Square North and were thrashed 3-0 by Histon at the weekend. Can''t see any other result than a home win therefore my pick this week is:Luton v Gateshead - home win.Again, good luck CityAngel.

I''m not going to win any prizes for originality with this pick, but here at the start of the season, points on the board are what matters,. along with helping City Angel at the same time. Ancelotti will be looking to secure a win on his Premier League bow, and continue the momentum gained from beating Man Yoo last Sunday. A front pairing of Drogba and Anelka, with Lampard et al, should prove too strong for Hull City, who finished last season in freefall. So.....Chelsea vs Hull City - home winGood luck everyone!

I am heading North of the border this weekend and Rangers to win at home to Falkirk looks a good bet.

Best of luck CA with the picks - it aint gonna be easy with little form to go on.

At this early stage in the season the fixture list looks an absolute minefield, so best of luck CA! I''m going to go for Colchester to continue their good start last weekend with a home win over Yeovil.

[Y]

Scotland for me too :-

I think Rangers will hit the road running this season and can''t see Falkirk causing them any problems if they continue with their poor away record from last year.

RANGERS v Falkirk = HOME WIN

Good luck Angel [A]

Sorry Angel, but it''s a totally unoriginal pick for me this week. Although they have been slow starters in recent years, I think that Man Utd will be much to good for Birmingham on Sunday, especially at home. So it''s Man Utd  home win for me this week against Birmingham.

Thanks Nutty for the introduction, I will do my very best to win us some money although I have to admit to feeling very nervous now that its my turn.

Keep the selections coming everyone as I need as much help as I can get.

My final 6 selections will be on here Friday about 5pm.

Going to have to go North too.  Rangers home win for me.

Oh, and someone remind me never to back my own team again [:$]

I don''t suppose the second week will be any easier than the first!! I''m off to Germany this week.........

SCHALKE   v   VFL Bochum  -   HOME WIN

Best of luck Angel, hope we can all help you get the "winning 6". Good Luck PUPs[:)][Y]

[A][A][A][A][A][A]   6 Angels = 6 Wins

celtic to beat aberdeenmowbray has been playing good football with celtic and they are finding their feet, mc donald in form.aberdeen are still struggling to rebuild after losing severin etc.

I would have gone for Chelsea home win, however, being that that has been offered by so many others I will go to France and Lyon Vs Valenciennes Home Win.

Good Luck CA

I''m going to try my luck with the Bundesliga this week - no experience or particular knowledge of this League, but its early days yet and I''m throwing caution to the wind!!  [;)]

Cologne -v- Wolfsburg AWAY WIN

Good Luck CA - we''re with you all the way!!

[:D][;)]

After my success in picking Norwich to win last week, I''m going to go for Norwich to win again . . . . . . . . NOT

My pick is Man Ure v Birmingham - Home Win

Good Luck CA

Staying in Europe, hopefully this week I am giving a real option rather than an easy nap in the Swedish 3rd division.  I''d rather try and help the person making the selections than pick an easy nap to hopefully keep me amongst the running in the pickers league.

My nap this week sends me to Norway, and it is -

Rosenborg vs Bodo Glimt - Rosenborg to win.

Rosenborg are top of the League and unbeaten in 9 matches at home, Bodo are second bottom of the league and have won only one of 10 away matches.  Looks like a home banker to me.

Good luck C.A.[Y][:)]

How strange broadslim! I was going exactly the same way!!! Shall I change.....no. I agree with NBS,

Rosenborg v Bodo Glimt - Home win

Good luck Angel - follow your gut instinct!!! Here''s to going one better than me

Muddy

Keep them coming everyone [:D]

Can''t wait to meet everyone on the 21st [:D] and the lovely Neil Adams of course.