Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

A bit gutted at the moment pickers, as i''ve had some bad luck which puts my appearance at the meeting on the 21st in doubt. However i''m doing my upmost to overcome all the hurdles, and get there a week tomorrow.

But this weeks pick, is from the Welsh Premier! Yes its back and hopefully will be a happy stomping ground again for me this season.

Caersws v ABERYSTWYH - AWAY WIN, as caersws were technically relegated last year, only winning a reprieve because nobody who could take their place had a suitable ground by welsh premier standards.

Also, I want to voice my concern about pickers choosing their Naps because it enables them to rise the table [:@]

Nuttys tables are meant to be a bit of fun, and to statistically guide us when choosing our naps. They are not there for oneupmanship and "I''m choosing chelsea/man u/etc because i want to climb the table"

In my eyes, the table doesn''t exist when I''m choosing the nap - I only want the best chance for that weeks picker.

And with that in mind, very good luck to you, City Angel!

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

Good Luck CA

My tip is going to be

Sheff Utd to beat Watford.

Would have gone for Chelsea or Man U but too many picked them already and you don''t have many other choices yet.

I''m going with Villa to beat Wigan, I think Wigan have lost vital people in Valencia, Steve Bruce and Cattermole it may take Martinez a while to get settled in his ideas as Wigan played a massively different style to Swansea last season.

Good Luck City Angel, having picked near the start of the season myself a couple of years ago I know how difficult it is too pick without a form guide to work on.

Unfortunately I am unable to make pickers meet - but I hope everyone has a really good evening, hopefully there will be many more!

P.S. Nutty please could you let me know which week you have me down for on the rota if possible? ,thanks

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Also, I want to voice my concern about pickers choosing their Naps because it enables them to rise the table [:@]

Nuttys tables are meant to be a bit of fun, and to statistically guide us when choosing our naps. They are not there for oneupmanship and "I''m choosing chelsea/man u/etc because i want to climb the table"

In my eyes, the table doesn''t exist when I''m choosing the nap - I only want the best chance for that weeks picker.

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

Fair point Leeds, but you can also look at it in a different light -  if that''s what people want to do in a game (or whatever you want to call it) that has no restrictions providing they stick to the good nature of the thread; then it shouldn''t matter.

Besides - it''s no worry. It''s far from easy to climb the table. You can''t just pick an ''easy win'' each week that will always come off for you. The winner will always be fair, always.

That was in no way me arguing with you, just to clear that up. Just simply putting across an alternative viewpoint [Y]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]That was in no way me arguing with you, just to clear that up. Just simply putting across an alternative viewpoint [Y][/quote]

Yes Shaun, no arguing on this thread mate. I''ve had what you may call a bad day - however I''m sure that out of the many games this week, some of the pups can come up with something more original for City Angel. For instance, I think Chelsea, Man U and Rangers are all shoe ins this week. So thats 3 nailed on, but if everyone chooses them, the others get lost in with all the Man U''s etc.

This is why I deliberatly look further afield - to give a bit more choice. [:)]

No offence intended to all the pups [Y] - i''m sure you get the gist of the post [:#]

Oh and Nutty = I think I have found the solution to my dilemma!

Leeds

[quote user="The Butler"]

Villa to beat Wigan.

Haven''t come out of the Butlers pantry since Saturday night.

[/quote]

I heard you were ''coming out'' soon !!! [:^)]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="The Butler"]

Villa to beat Wigan.

Haven''t come out of the Butlers pantry since Saturday night.

[/quote]

I heard you were ''coming out'' soon !!! [:^)]

[/quote]Cor, that''s a bit strong Wazzock............

I just hope that next Friday you''ll both kiss and make up![+o(]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]That was in no way me arguing with you, just to clear that up. Just simply putting across an alternative viewpoint [Y][/quote]

Yes Shaun, no arguing on this thread mate. I''ve had what you may call a bad day - however I''m sure that out of the many games this week, some of the pups can come up with something more original for City Angel. For instance, I think Chelsea, Man U and Rangers are all shoe ins this week. So thats 3 nailed on, but if everyone chooses them, the others get lost in with all the Man U''s etc.

This is why I deliberatly look further afield - to give a bit more choice. [:)]

No offence intended to all the pups [Y] - i''m sure you get the gist of the post [:#]

Oh and Nutty = I think I have found the solution to my dilemma!

Leeds

[/quote]

Here''s hoping you have Kev. I can only imagine how frustrating today has been for you. Having gone to so much trouble to make the arrangements it must have been like a kick in the teeth. Fingers crossed it''s all ok, there''s so many of us looking forward to meeting you.

I spoke to John Landamore again this evening and we provisionally arranged to do the presentation at around 8:45pm if that''''s ok with people. I will be there from 7pm so you PUPs can be as early as you like[Y]

Norfolkchance - I provisionally had you down to select on the penultimate week of the season May 1st. Each and every date is filled but I was publishing it one month at a time because the season is a long haul and things can change. Is that date OK with you? I know it''s a long way ahead!

A bit gutted at the moment pickers, as i''ve had some bad luck which puts my appearance at the meeting on the 21st in doubt. However i''m doing my upmost to overcome all the hurdles, and get there a week tomorrow.

But this weeks pick, is from the Welsh Premier! Yes its back and hopefully will be a happy stomping ground again for me this season.

Caersws v ABERYSTWYH - AWAY WIN, as caersws were technically relegated last year, only winning a reprieve because nobody who could take their place had a suitable ground by welsh premier standards.

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

With....errmmm....that in mind and not wishing to rise up the table:

League Division Two: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City - AWAY WIN. [:D][+o(]

Come on Imps!

Wow Cam, thats showing some Balls. Away wins in Div 2 have to be submitted with love. Fingers crossed for you. And as I believe, its up to the picker to determine what or how many picks to pick.  So correct me if I''m wrong, If CA wants to do just a 3 team accumulator with Man U, Chelsea and Rangers, isn''t that her perrogitive?  I know most picks are 5+, but the 3 team one will pay out about a quid, so probably best to stick with 5.  Is there a minimum thta can be selected?

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

I thought the idea was to pick matches that gave us a good chance of winning some money ?

If they happen to be matches that will probably bring success, then all the better ?

Pardon me if I''m wrong.

In the future, should I choose matches that will give us no chance of winning just so I don''t "rise the table" ?

Perhaps some of us on here don''t worry as much about the table as you obviously do

[quote user="Yellow Fever"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

I thought the idea was to pick matches that gave us a good chance of winning some money ?

If they happen to be matches that will probably bring success, then all the better ?

Pardon me if I''m wrong.

In the future, should I choose matches that will give us no chance of winning just so I don''t "rise the table" ?

Perhaps some of us on here don''t worry as much about the table as you obviously do

Stop this now please!! This thread is a sanctuary from all the back biting and argueing. This is RAY''S thread. Please stop.

[/quote]

I haven''t got too much time on my hands this week so, at the risk of being told off, I''m going for a Manchester Red Sox win against Bongo FC at the Budweiser Devil Bowl.

Manchester United vs Birmingham City - HOME WIN.

Good luck CA [Y]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

Fair point Leeds, but you can also look at it in a different light -  if that''s what people want to do in a game (or whatever you want to call it) that has no restrictions providing they stick to the good nature of the thread; then it shouldn''t matter.

Besides - it''s no worry. It''s far from easy to climb the table. You can''t just pick an ''easy win'' each week that will always come off for you. The winner will always be fair, always.

That was in no way me arguing with you, just to clear that up. Just simply putting across an alternative viewpoint [Y]

[/quote]

Well put Shaun and I endorse your viewpoint, but I do not agree that "Leeds" has a fair point.

When Ray and Nutty set this up it was on the basis that each and everybody had complete freedom of choice as to what and why they made their pick. As one of the first members I told them both whatever they decided was the way I would want it, this is the way it should be now for all of us.

Therefore I suggest that "Leeds" is going against the spirit Ray''s wishes by telling PUPs the basis that they should make their picks and already causing friction within this peaceful part of the Forum.

It''s the Blue Square Premier for me this week, with a hope it brings more lcuk than last week.

Woking vs Worcester City - Home win.

Best of luck CA and all fellow PUP''s

To all Pink un Pickers,

On reflection, after re-reading this thread and the numerous personal emails to myself from Ray and Nutty I see how my comments have offended many of you. The comment wasn''t particulary worded very well and written at a particularly emotional time (I will explain to everyone at the meet), although well meant on my part, it has caused much offense and for this I am truly regretful.

I am proud to be associated with the free bet thread, I want it to be a success for the Academy as much as we all do.

I consider all of the pups to be "friends" of mine and never intended to turn the thread into a malicious one - I agree that this is the one place everyone can seek solace from the rest of the Pink un board.

I hope you will accept these words as my unreserved apology, and I am still hoping to make the meet on the 21st.

Apologies to City Angel too, for causing havoc with the thread this week, when all the efforts should be focused on finding those winning naps.

Please, please carry on with the naps you feel best with,

Good health to you all, Kevin (Leeds canary)

To all Pink un Pickers,

On reflection, after re-reading this thread and the numerous personal emails to myself from Ray and Nutty I see how my comments have offended many of you. The comment wasn''t particulary worded very well and written at a particularly emotional time (I will explain to everyone at the meet), although well meant on my part, it has caused much offense and for this I am truly regretful.

I am proud to be associated with the free bet thread, I want it to be a success for the Academy as much as we all do.

I consider all of the pups to be "friends" of mine and never intended to turn the thread into a malicious one - I agree that this is the one place everyone can seek solace from the rest of the Pink un board.

I hope you will accept these words as my unreserved apology, and I am still hoping to make the meet on the 21st.

Apologies to City Angel too, for causing havoc with the thread this week, when all the efforts should be focused on finding those winning naps.

[/quote]

[Y] Well said mate, peace prevails ! [:D] [B]

To all Pink un Pickers,

[/quote]

I too am sorry for my snappy comments.

As I said, I''m just concerned about getting some money on Rays (& Nutty Nigels) thread. If we all made wierd & wonderful picks, the picker that week would have a right old time coming up with 6 popular ones. At least if we have a few "nailed on" picks, it becomes easier. (Or not if you take some of my picks [;)])

Good health to you too, & I hope the problems you are having are soon gone.

I''d just like to second Fevers'' comments - on the week I was picking and we won, I''d totally forgotten about the picks until 10:30 am on Saturday, to be honest I''d forgotten what day it was, as it was a bank holiday weekend.  Well, anyway, cut a boring story short, I had about 20 minutes to get the picks together from 6 pages of picks.  4 of the picks I chose were the most popular, and luckily for me, all 6 came up. As a result, we chalked another win up on the board.  So while I agree that some people might choose likely picks to keep their average up, that in itself can be a good thing because it can flag up the most likely wins to the picker.I also hope that your troubles pass soon Kevin.

Good luck with the selections this weekend CA - looks like some solid tips there from which to perm 6 winners.

Nutty, any chance you could publish your provisional list of weeks when we are all down to pick?  That way if anyone travels with work like myself and may have limited access to check in on the site that week they have got time to organise a swap with someone else and not have to leave it until short notice.

Pboro - I have you down for 13th Feb. I had thought about publishing the whole rota but I am concerned that things may change. What I have been doing is PM PUPs and do it monthly. I know everyone is OK up to and including Sept 5th and this week I was going to check out the rest of September. The problem with having the whole season "set in stone" is that, as you rightly point out, if someone can''t make the date alloted they would have to arrange a swap where as this way I can change it around without so much upset (if that makes sense). Anyway, the thread belongs to us all and I am just here to facilitate it so what do you all think?

Thankyou to you all for youe selections this week. I have just about made my mind up as to which 6 I''ll go with but if anyone has any last minute thoughts or tips for me then fire away.

I''ve decided not to include Norwich to win in my final 6 as its too big a risk for us after last weeks performance, hope the pups who picked them will understand.

Back just before 5pm to post my final 6 [:)]

I normally never bet on Norwich to win as the times I have done it always loses me lots of money, all the other 5 teams I pick seem to win when we lose. Good luck CA, hope it''s a winning week.

Nutty,Do it as you have been.  Its a good idea to keep it quiet to avoid the swap or lose your spot mentality should somethigng come up.  Whatever you decide will be fine wit all of us, I am sure.

Right here we go[:D]

Firstly may I say what a great honour it is to be the picker this week and I sincerely hope that I make Ray and the rest of you really proud.

I’ve studied everyone’s suggestions very carefully and these are my final 6 selections ( you’ll see I’ve steered clear of the championship as they are so unpredictable)

1)      Chelsea v Hull – Home Win ( Fonejacker, Beauesant, Pete, Graham Humphrey, Mr Bump, Hughesy, Kathy, Tilly, Big Bob, Evil Monkey, CanaryRyan , NCFC     Gazzathegreat, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Cityangel

2)      Rangers v Falkirk – Home Win (P’Borough Canary, Gentleman Jim, Cosmic Twin, Scooby)

3)      Anderlect v KVC Westerlo – Home Win ( Yankee Canary, Fellas)

4)      Rosenburg v Bodo/Glimt – Home Win (Davo, Norfolkbroadslim, Muddy Funster

5)      Man Utd v Birmingham – Home Win (methcanary, ncfc star, obiwancanary, Yellow Fever, Newyorkcanary, Hissing Sid, Macdougall’s perm, Sparkos, Shark attack, Jimbo Jet Set

6)      Millwall v Carlisle – Home Win (Lappinitup)

Sorry if I didn’t pick your choice but it was hard to pick just 6 from over 26 suggestions.

Keep your fingers and everyone thing else crossed

cityangel x