KiwiScot

****Official Lappitup Match Thread - Leeds v Norwich****

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Icing on the cake for the Binners this.

Meh.
Still doesn't compare to what they had to endure when we beat them 3-0 at CR when we were top and on for the title and they were heading for League 1.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, king canary said:

I'm not totally convinced he'll be gone. His fitness issues might put teams off.

Sara feels like the most likely to be gone.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if any of Rowe, Sara or Sargent are here when the window closes.

Edited by Monty13

All I ask for from the lads next year is at least get a bit more creative with your injuries next season. Let’s break some exotic bones, pull some muscles nobodies ever heard of.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Obviously injured from the first game, surely.

We’ve not had too much luck what with Rowe being unfit, and Sarge plus Barnes clearly being injured.  

If only we has a transfer window in Jan so we could cope with such events, decisions made back then to not back the manager. The plan wasn’t to reach the play offs in Jan. Fresh start tomorrow in so many ways and that’s not a bad thing.

Kenny blasting it out for a throw after our best bit of play just epitomised this performance.

Everyone has thrown up the white flag, we look like a lower league team playing a cup game against Man City right now.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if any of Rowe, Sara or Sargent are here when the window closes.

Could be right. Delia may need to see off Attanasio and his debt funding.

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Icing on the cake for the Binners this.

Icing on the cake will be next season where they fail to beat Shef Utds haul. We always get the last laugh

Credit to Gunn. He’s stopped it being 6 already this half 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

No chance with Sargent now off and Barnes leading the line, sorry, its done.

Was done in 40th min

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

And that rotten luck of letting our only other striker capable of scoring off the bench go off on loan to Celtic, only to be replaced by an ex footballers son, who barely looks like he knows how to kick a ball. Bad luck that.

Letting Idah go was obviously a poor decision, but doesn’t alter the fact we have been unlucky with injuries at a time when you need as many match-fit as possible.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

No chance with Sargent now off and Barnes leading the line, sorry, its done.

Is he injured? Bizarre to take him off to leave that utter past his not great best donkey to lead your attack. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I get that we’re seeing the PL rapidly disappear out of sight, but I don’t get the utter despair on here. This match looks like what it is. 6th place with 73 points against 3rd with 90. A Norwich team with veteran Championship players against a team that's half Premier League. A coach who has had two storming promotions from the Championship against one who scraped one on 0-0 draws and penalties.

We did well to get 6th given where we were in November but we were always punching way above our weight hoping to reach the PL. Who realistically expected anything else?

On the positive side, no-one’s going to be buying Rowe based on tonight. Or anyone else.

I don’t think it’s despair so much as it is frustration. You’re right in what you say, but with the right approach, we could have nicked a result tonight. Leeds have the better side, but Sainz, Sara, Rowe and Sargent could cause no end of problems for a team that are piling bodies forward and leaving vast amounts of space in behind. Exploiting that was the only real way to win the game, but instead of playing into that strength, Wagner nullified the abilities of his own players and simultaneously played right into Leeds hands.

If we tried to match Leeds in an intense, direct, back and forth, end to end game and lost 4-3, I’d say fair enough. We took the best approach and lost to the better side. But instead we’ve basically just handed them the game.

There’s a lot to be excited about on the pitch but the approach from the sidelines was gutless tonight.

Edited by Mackrel829
  • Like 1

One of Farke or Martin Will likely lose their jobs by the end of this month. I suggest we employ whichever one it is and back them to build something 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Sydney on in the 80th for a 10 minute hat-trick.

That'll be the most minutes Wagners given him in a game this season 🤣

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Was done in 40th min

Think you mean 5th

• Haha 1

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Was done in 40th min

Well yeah, but I was at the game when we were 4-1 down to Middlesbrough and about 80% of our fans left and missed our next 3 goals, so I now always lean far much towards retaining optimism (which was lost when I saw that Sarge had gone off)

• Like 1

Dropping  Sainz upset the whole balance and flow of the team. Gifted it to Leeds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Should be 4, pathetic.

You’re being too kind……it should be far, far more……..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aBee said:

Is he injured? Bizarre to take him off to leave that utter past his not great best donkey to lead your attack. 

Resting him for the final.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I expected us not to wilt so pathetically tonight. Agree with the rest and think Leeds have been superb. But the despair is pretty justified, I'd say.

Wilt? We needed to be at our best and for Wagner to have the right tactics. Without that Leeds are just a significantly better team who *are* at their best and have Elland Road behind them. 

We had our good patches this season when one or both of Sargent and Rowe were on form, but we’re carrying them tonight. Things are better already with Sainz on for Sargent.

1 minute ago, aBee said:

And Wagner has done it a few times. All with the same result 

I've turned off the telly and now following this on the BBC minute-by-minute.

Less painful.