I think this shows that within no shadow of doubt Wagner does not feel he is fit to wear the shirt.

Great stuff Knapper.

It’s obvious. Wagner wasn’t happy with the January transfer business (the exits or SVH) and has battened down the hatches and refused to dip into the youth in any meaningful way, or use SVH and has named 4 reserve keepers in some weird demonstration to Knapper. Quite admire him objecting; but not when he tries to sit back and defend a lead.

It’s quite simple. Wagner sees him in training every day and picks the team. He’s decided he doesn’t rate him and would prefer to play Sara behind Sargent when Barnes gets substituted. 

From what I’ve seen, and the league table, he’s making the right call. 

• Like 6

When he's been on the pitch he's barely looked like a footballer. 

He then got given 90 minutes in the u21s and anyone you speak to who saw that will tell you he was apparently one of the worst players on the pitch.

Unfortunately a terrible signing at a really pivotal point in the season and worse still we lost an effective sub striker at the same time.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He then got given 90 minutes in the u21s and anyone you speak to who saw that will tell you he was apparently one of the worst players on the pitch.

Unfortunately a terrible signing at a really pivotal point in the season and worse still we lost an effective sub striker at the same time.

But yet he managed to get a move to Bologna, so there must have been something about him at some point in his career. He’s clearly not going to get a chance to prove it here. What a waste of a wage. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He’s got an assist in very limited minutes . Knapper clearly likes him I think he deserves more of an opportunity .

22 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

He’s got an assist in very limited minutes . Knapper clearly likes him I think he deserves more of an opportunity .

Really think now is the time to risk changing our strike force? 

3 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Not sure how we ever expect him to get up to speed if the manager never uses him. If he is training well he has the right to feel aggrieved!!

Why? If he’s s**t why should the manager give him minutes to get him up to speed? Whether the player doesn’t like sitting on the bench is irrelevant 

Word is that he is stinking the place out in training. Not just fitness but all aspects. 

The only signing by Knapper and Wagner won’t play him. 

Something has to give . 

• Like 1

i think the bigger worry is we must have scouted him must of liked him and someone must of thought he was good enough ! 

SVH not being good enough even though we have not seen enough of him is not the main problem here for me ,

The main Problem knapper and his staff had months of searching the world of football for a striker and he came up with SVH ,

not talking about splashing millions but i am sure we could of got better value for money than someone who hardly ever plays even when striker is substituted , 

It doesnt add up. If he's looking unfit or not up.to standard Wagner wouldnt put him on the bench.

Seems childish to agree to put him on the bench and not play him, but thats Wagners perogative.

Maybe all is not well behind the scenes between K and W, but citys good results and holding onto that playoff position mean W is still in the hot seat.

Then again we have a paper thin squad

2 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

It’s quite simple. Wagner sees him in training every day and pickVHs the team. He’s decided he doesn’t rate him and would prefer to play Sara behind Sargent when Barnes gets substituted. 

From what I’ve seen, and the league table, he’s making the right call. 

How do we know it could'nt be better. SVH could,and I mean,could,be decent. But we'll never know because Wagner is obviously sticking two fingers up to Knapper. Hope we don't lose Sargent or Rowe soon because we'll be totally f**kd All because Wagner is presenting a standoff between him and Knapper.

Only one winner there.

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

But yet he managed to get a move to Bologna, so there must have been something about him at some point in his career. He’s clearly not going to get a chance to prove it here. What a waste of a wage. 

He did, but they're also desperate to get rid of him and barely gave him minutes either.

Trading on his Dad's record a bit llike Paul Dalglish? If that's the case so much for Knapper's detailed statistical analysis of potential new signings and thorough scouting over a period of several.months.

• Like 1

We’ve got as much chance of Premiership football next season as my Granny going to the Moon 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Word is that he is stinking the place out in training. Not just fitness but all aspects. 

The only signing by Knapper and Wagner won’t play him. 

Something has to give . 

For me this is the point, Wagner isn’t blooding the youngsters and doesn’t fancy Knappers loan.  Can only end badly for us, especially if Wagner stays.

8 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

How do we know it could'nt be better. SVH could,and I mean,could,be decent. But we'll never know because Wagner is obviously sticking two fingers up to Knapper. Hope we don't lose Sargent or Rowe soon because we'll be totally f**kd All because Wagner is presenting a standoff between him and Knapper.

Only one winner there.

You’ve made a lot of assumptions there, mainly because you don’t trust Wagner’s judgment. I don’t see it as Wagner “obviously sticking two fingers up” at all. I also don’t see any evidence of a stand off with Knapper either. To me it looks like Wagner is simply making honest judgement calls based on what he has available and results for a good half season show he’s been largely right.

We’ve turned things around without Rowe so we clearly wouldn’t be totally fxxkd without him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daly said:

We’ve got as much chance of Premiership football next season as my Granny going to the Moon 

We are not good enough for the EPL but at least we have something to cheer after the awful 1st half of the season where some of the worst football I have ever seen us produce was on view. I can't see DW being in charge next season and the prep is already starting behind the scenes I reckon. At least the play offs will be over before the transfer window opens so we shouldn't be behind other clubs when it comes to making signings. I reckon MA will step up and Knapper will be given the freedom to implement his vision.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I cannot believe that Wagner did not have any input into SVH coming to us. Everybody seems to be suggesting that he was a Knapper loan and that it is squarely on his shoulders and Wagner is an innocent bystander left to pick up the pieces of this SVH/Idah situation we find ourselves in. All will be revealed this coming summer as to whether Wagner and Knapper can work in harmony. We are hanging a lot on Knapper being the right man just because he has Arsenal on his CV and likewise Wagner has a less than impressive CV since he departed Huddersfield. 

Is it a marriage made in heaven or are we heading for troubled waters ? Oh, as for SVH something is not right for sure but whether he is stinking the place out at Colney or is just not fancied by Wagner is the big question.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

The point is that imo we’ve not seen enough of him - to be able to tell. Five-ten minute spells here and there don’t give a guy much of a chance to get match-sharp/prove what they can do in a match situation.  It’s the only transfer we have made under Knapper and can to-date only be labelled a failure. 

He had 30 minutes against Rotherham and offered nothing. Kinda says it all for me.

9 hours ago, daly said:

Scottish premiership? Rugby premiership?

The premier league has been just that for over 20 years. All I hear people sat near me and on here say is “the premiership”.

It might sound like a small thing but its just another reason why football doesn’t take Norwich seriously.

1 hour ago, canarycop said:

We are not good enough for the EPL but at least we have something to cheer after the awful 1st half of the season where some of the worst football I have ever seen us produce was on view. I can't see DW being in charge next season and the prep is already starting behind the scenes I reckon. At least the play offs will be over before the transfer window opens so we shouldn't be behind other clubs when it comes to making signings. I reckon MA will step up and Knapper will be given the freedom to implement his vision.

You say you can’t see Wagner being in charge next season but there is no logical reason that he won’t be. We are sitting in the top 2 in the form table this calendar year and our realistic target of getting into the playoffs will be hit 

10 hours ago, Barry Brockes said:

Trading on his Dad's record a bit llike Paul Dalglish? If that's the case so much for Knapper's detailed statistical analysis of potential new signings and thorough scouting over a period of several.months.

Who do you think did that scouting and analysis? Knapper wasn’t looking at this guy at Arsenal. He’s made a decision based on the NCFC scouting team’s recommendations presumably.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

You say you can’t see Wagner being in charge next season but there is no logical reason that he won’t be. We are sitting in the top 2 in the form table this calendar year and our realistic target of getting into the playoffs will be hit 

If Wagner and Knapper really aren’t getting along he won’t be here unless we are promoted I’m guessing. People may not agree, but there’s no point Wagner being in charge if he’s not aligned with the club’s strategic long term aims.

I’m unsurprised at Wagner to be honest, he needs to be successful in this job for his reputation. Three consecutive failures on his CV might have meant it’s over for him as a manager or at least make getting another similar level role extremely difficult.

I can fully understood why Wagner only cares about the short term, if he gets Norwich promoted his reputation is restored. Even now his success since new year has taken him from looking a spent force at this level to a genuine promotion contender. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

On a positive note, Celtic might pay £5m or more for Idah. Every cloud and all that. 

As long as we don't hand that over to Bologna for SVH.

Posted (edited)

I would be very surprised if Wagner's comments about his  unhappiness regarding the squad are at the objection of the club hierarchy or are resented by Knapper. I don't see how it's in a manager's interests to pick a fight with a club's board if they think they'll be looking for a job soon.

It's probably just a reflection that the squad situation is considered less than ideal by the club hierarchy and is simply a reflection of financial limits and/or what we could recruit in January; the club is happy to let him talk about it to reduce any flack or pressure on him from any disgruntled fans.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

He is nothing like a Wagner style forward for this system, so combine that with his awful minutes on the pitch and his u21 game, alongside the "rumour" he's been terrible and the coaches are suitably unimpressed it's hardly surprising he isn't playing much.. 

Why is he on the bench? Because there isn't another option! I suspect Wagner doesn't want to replace him with an un-ready young player and should there be an injury, have to play him and potentially ruin a kids development.

39 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

If Wagner and Knapper really aren’t getting along he won’t be here unless we are promoted I’m guessing. People may not agree, but there’s no point Wagner being in charge if he’s not aligned with the club’s strategic long term aims.

I’m unsurprised at Wagner to be honest, he needs to be successful in this job for his reputation. Three consecutive failures on his CV might have meant it’s over for him as a manager or at least make getting another similar level role extremely difficult.

I can fully understood why Wagner only cares about the short term, if he gets Norwich promoted his reputation is restored. Even now his success since new year has taken him from looking a spent force at this level to a genuine promotion contender. 

But there isn’t any actual evidence that they don’t. He just isn’t prepared to play his one signing because he clearly isn’t good enough. That’s a Knapper problem, not a Wagner one