3 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Re: Weaver. Is this a good or bad thing? The pathway to the first team has been fairly decent so on that basis I would be worried. Equally, we haven’t had a real “style” since promotion in 20/21 as we abandoned what worked so well for the ill-fated 4-3-3. It’s a weird position we find ourselves in, since Knapper’s barely had any time to stamp his name on proceedings. We don’t even know if there’s any desire to bring in a new style of play across the board. 

I don't think there has been a proper "pathway" for a while - we've only played youngsters when we absolutely had to. Even those we thought were good like Fisher get dropped after a couple of nightmare games and take months to reappear. 

For me, our under 21s should have capable deputies so that our playing style is consistent. Other teams are playing 18, 19, 20 year olds in one off games or small series of games because of injury or unavailability; we don't seem to do that. We just give them 10 minute cameos off the bench and wonder why they don't impress.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

The mind races. Knapper clearly thought it was a good signing. But did Wagner. As evidently he doesn’t believe SVH is up to it. So is he worse in the flesh. Or did Knapper lumber him upon Wagner, convinced he knew better. It doesn’t bode well for the summer. 

Not really. We can't judge Knapper on a solitary signing that the manager simply won't give any game time. Equally for every Buendia or Sainz, Webber brought in some right duffers (Forshaw springs to mind) and Sarg looked pretty awful when he arrived but has developed really well.

SVH might come good, in time, and if played, but then again he might disappear quickly to another club come the summer. Wagner may or may not stay, and Knapper may or may not seal some real gems. 

It's been a strange season, and I'm looking forward to how the summer unravels, Knappers first real window for us 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Not really. We can't judge Knapper on a solitary signing that the manager simply won't give any game time. Equally for every Buendia or Sainz, Webber brought in some right duffers (Forshaw springs to mind) and Sarg looked pretty awful when he arrived but has developed really well.

SVH might come good, in time, and if played, but then again he might disappear quickly to another club come the summer. Wagner may or may not stay, and Knapper may or may not seal some real gems. 

It's been a strange season, and I'm looking forward to how the summer unravels, Knappers first real window for us 

Fair points. I shouldn’t generalise based on the SVH situation. But it is a baffling one and isn’t the best start, that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

if SVH bags an injury-time brace in extra-time at Wembley v binners in play off final, Knapper will then be a saint, and I will personally carry him around the Carrow Rd pitch on the first home game of the premier league season of the 2025-6 season.