Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Domestic Teams You Really Don’t Like

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Wimbledon should have died then, if MK wanted a football team they should have worked for it.  I'll never acknowledge them as a real club.

100% this

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Wimbledon should have died then, if MK wanted a football team they should have worked for it.  I'll never acknowledge them as a real club.

For me it was an innovative way to save a football club whilst giving another town/city the opportunity of having a football club but my comment was tongue in cheek and you are fully entitled to your opinion. 

100% Liverpool. Obviously Ipswich but Liverpool. Absolute dump of a city and the worst people you could possibly imagine. Absolute nuclear waste dump.

28 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Yes, every cloud, etc...

I think I went to nearly every game, home and away, that promotion season 

I went to the Leeds away match (2.0win) with a Leeds fan from school days. A few months later I was seeing his girlfriend! Ain’t life strange. 

28 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

For me it was an innovative way to save a football club whilst giving another town/city the opportunity of having a football club but my comment was tongue in cheek and you are fully entitled to your opinion. 

And if it had been Norwich how would you have felt then? Someone just comes in rips up the club you love and moves them 50 miles away. MK Dons are nothing but a franchise. 

1 hour ago, lincsy88 said:

And if it had been Norwich how would you have felt then? Someone just comes in rips up the club you love and moves them 50 miles away. MK Dons are nothing but a franchise. 

For it to be a franchise they would have had to replicate it, they haven’t, and that’s an argument in itself. 

if Norwich were dying like Wimbledon were I wouldn’t have been against it. 

Everton, a grubby club that plays horrible football. West Ham largely similar a nothing club to watch. Sheff Utd dislikeable on so many levels.

Forest and Liverpool to a lesser degree.

16 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Although most of the fans are ok i can’t really stand Manchester City. The money that has been spent has changed the football landscape forever and not for the better in my opinion. 

Ditto for Chelsea in the Abramovich era. 

Liverpool for depriving us of European football & maybe changing our whole history. If we had had those other 3 seasons in Europe  how might we have progressed as a club. Not to mention being threaten with being beaten up sitting in the main stand whilst 5 months pregnant.
Everton for not turning up at Coventry(Howard Kendall “I’m a great believer you get what you deserve in football”) & winning the semi final ( Pat Nevin “we’ve had a good little run & deserve something from the season”  We’d been top most of the season)

Coventry, obvious, Luton, fan ban, Newcastle,  probably another few I’ve forgotten

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Liverpool hit top spot for me, horrible entitled fans. 

Quite a few to mention here for me. Man Utd, Spurs, Wolves, Leeds & Sheffield Utd top the list for me.

Posted (edited)
On 16/04/2024 at 07:31, mrD66M said:

Ditto for Chelsea in the Abramovich era. 

I think the difference between Chelsea and Man City is that Abramovich was/is a fan and ran the club like a fan. So short sighted signing, ridiculous management changes and chaos behind the scenes. Man City is more cold and calculated because ultimately the owners aren’t fans it’s essentially a project to buy influence in the world. They have relatively slowly but surely each year tightened there grip on world football to an extent where other clubs cannot compete.

Edited by Ulfotto

I don't actually hate Ipswich. Yep, there, I said it! 

Obviously they are our closest rival and derby day is always fun (especially in the last 17 years or so), but they are just another small town team who had a short period of success and still look back on it fondly. I still look back at our European run with pride, though for most fans, that's a lifetime ago. 

Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Fulham, Leeds are up there of course.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Lazza said:

I don't actually hate Ipswich. Yep, there, I said it! 

Yeah it isn't the done thing to say it but I also don't hate them. My parents were Ipswich season ticket holders in the 70's and my Grandpa had season tickets at both Ipswich and Norwich before then- he just really liked football!

I want to beat them, don't get me wrong. But I grew up in North Suffolk where there is a pretty even Norwich/Ipswich fan split so I never saw it as more than a good natured rivalry. My dad stopped going to derby matches after the mid 2000's as he just didn't like the atmosphere and rhetoric surrounding them. 

• Like 1

None for me. I tend to despise certain attitudes and certain phenomena rather than just the wrapper under which these phenomena can be observed. I don't care for plastic fans who are outraged at every decision the manager makes that doesn't pan out. Fans that constantly bang on about the "good old days" when their team was more successful then amuse me, those who think their club has a special status now due to said "good old days" make me laugh out loud. And those who always associate their club with a very specific style of playing grind my gears.

More than anything, I hate the influx of money into the game and its pernicious effects. I hate the constant crowding of referees and cheating going on, I hate the intrusive effect of VAR on the spectator experience.

There may be clubs at which this is more evident than others, but as we've seen, this can change with time. Who would have thought Blackburn Rovers, champions with Jack Walker's money some twenty years ago, would be struggling in the Champs now? Who would have thought Manchester United, at the end of Fergie's reign, would be so chaotic afterwards? Even if such phenomena are rooted in a club for a bit, it's rarely permanent.

And that's why, for me at least, hating a whole club goes too far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

And those who always associate their club with a very specific style of playing grind my gears.

This bugs me too and we're guilty of it too- 'he doesn't play the Norwich way' makes no sense to me.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

AFC Wimbledon getting into the same league as MK and beating them has been pretty hillarious I will say. MK ""Dons"" are a great example everything wrong with modern football

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, king canary said:

This bugs me too and we're guilty of it too- 'he doesn't play the Norwich way' makes no sense to me.

Yep, I was amused/bemused at the criticism of the tactics before the Southampton game. Then again, Egil Olsen and George Graham were my favourite coaches as a kid/teenager so I've always got more time for those who realise they have to focus on defence first.

Against a team that were absolutely flying like Southampton were at that point, it made perfect sense to absolutely gum up the works and stink the joint out.

Edited by TheGunnShow

barring the obvious

Liverpool and Arsenal - I find both fan bases absolutely nauseating when they are on a bit of a run, I hate them even more that I am forced to cheer for the lesser evil in my eyes in Man City, I would rather not cheer on cheaters but working with so many fans of the aforementioned two teams and just the all round online football discourse around them, Man City all the way

Leicester - can't stand Vardy, yes what a fairytale for them but again all built on firing pots of money at it, and seemingly cheaters too. Hopefully all goes títs up

Wrexham - yawn

Port Vale - horrendous neanderthal fans

On 16/04/2024 at 08:37, Year of the tiger said:

Liverpool for depriving us of European football & maybe changing our whole history. If we had had those other 3 seasons in Europe  how might we have progressed as a club. Not to mention being threaten with being beaten up sitting in the main stand whilst 5 months pregnant.
Everton for not turning up at Coventry(Howard Kendall “I’m a great believer you get what you deserve in football”) & winning the semi final ( Pat Nevin “we’ve had a good little run & deserve something from the season”  We’d been top most of the season)

Coventry, obvious, Luton, fan ban, Newcastle,  probably another few I’ve forgotten

Yes great point on the European bit, strange how it is now never mentioned !  😢feels like there should be a better emoji for that disappointment - could be a new thread, emoji's that sum up my club (clearly not including yellow and green hearts). 

On 15/04/2024 at 15:28, Ulfotto said:

Although most of the fans are ok i can’t really stand Manchester City. The money that has been spent has changed the football landscape forever and not for the better in my opinion. 

Weren't Chelsea the first to do that ?
I can remember them being pretty much like Fulham are now; just hovering around lower-mid table and thinking that would would seem strange to think of them being catapulted up there with Man U & Arsenal.

1 hour ago, K Lo said:

Weren't Chelsea the first to do that ?
I can remember them being pretty much like Fulham are now; just hovering around lower-mid table and thinking that would would seem strange to think of them being catapulted up there with Man U & Arsenal.

Arguably, Blackburn before that.

On 15/04/2024 at 19:38, Yobocop said:

if anyone says MK dons they need their head checking, common misconception that winkleman ‘stole’ Wimbledon, they were dying anyway 

If that is true, why is there currently an AFC Wimbledon playing in League Two in a brand new £34 million stadium that the club owns, with a higher average attendance than MK Dons, and generating a profit? (£400k profit last set of accounts).

Sorry but think you are completely wrong here. Winkelman and a consortium were planning to build a large retail development in MK to include a football stadium as far back as 1997 and offered the site to Luton, Wimbledon, Barnet, Crystal Palace, and QPR, and Wimbledon announced in August 2001 that they intended to relocate to Milton Keynes. When a Winkelman led consortium took ownership in 2003 and he changed the name to MK Dons, he was doing what he was always planning to do, find a way to start a Milton Keynes football club without having to start at tier 15 or whatever.

Even Winkleman has admitted that he is not proud of his actions. 

Which brings me to my answer, I hate absolutely Wolves and their fans. Including Pete Winkelman, the Wolves fan from Wolverhampton.

• Like 1