All seemed a little cursed before kick off didnt it? Away from home, playing against good side in poor weather and a team that's also trying to get into the playoffs, in the kit we never win in, Sargent rumoured injured.. And yet three points.

I'll drink to that. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone 😉

• Like 13

Posted (edited)

5 more points will probably do it so after that win we can even afford to draw one of our home games and still probably get 6th. Hull and Coventry have got a much tougher last few games than us and PNE and Boro are out of it now. It's ours to lose. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

5 more points will probably do it so after that win we can even afford to draw one of our home games and still probably get 6th. Hull and Coventry have got a much tougher last few games than us and PNE and Boro are out of it now. It's ours to lose. 

Win both those home games and we can rest a few players in the Brum game, too

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All seemed a little cursed before kick off didnt it? Away from home, playing against good side in poor weather and a team that's also trying to get into the playoffs, in the kit we never win in, Sargent rumoured injured.. And yet three points.

I'll drink to that. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone 😉

Indeed and with Mackems doing a job on Albion we have a very real chance of snatching 5th. Their next two games are Leicester and Wednesday away v our two home games. It would be a far more pleasant experience going to Southampton in the away Play Off leg than Leeds!! 

8 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Yes, another 5 points will be enough imo.

Great goal. Huge huge win. Really should be play offs bound from here on in. 

It is entirely in our hands. Although Coventry vs Hull on the 24th could be the fixture that ensures us a play off place.

The really good thing is that our momentum is huge going into the play-offs, but whoever we play will be on a real downer for their recent poor form and missing out on automatic promotion

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Were in the play-offs but against who?

Well I had us finishing on 80 points (though one more win plus possibly a draw should do ...but we could win our next 3) and I thought that would be enough for 5th...with Southampton to finish in 4th. I know we don't like how good Southampton can be but to be honest it's been such a weird season that I can see us beating anyone in the play offs. No fear really. Who might actually want to play us? We have the weapons (in attack anyway)

• Like 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Southampton 

4th v 5th 

Great minds....

• Like 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Southampton 

4th v 5th 

Preston’s game in hand in Southampton on Tuesday night. Could do us a favour. And themselves, obv. They also have Leeds and Leicester to play. Win those and Southampton could even get automatic promotion. But need a hell of an end to the season to do it. 

So proud to have a player like Sara who can score a goal like this to win such a big game. Incredible considering where he is when he originally turns those defenders. It’s so rare in this league . Bloody love him to bits . 

Big shout out to St.Gregory’s Catholic Social Club for pre match pints - wonderfully friendly and fantastic pies ! 
Celebratory pints to be had in Preston tonight, and plenty of them ! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

What a 3 weeks coming up...

Could be anything from dropping out of the top 6...,still needing something at Birmingham , to finishing 5th , resting players on the last day, manipluating our playoff opponents and everything inbetween

All I will say  is that is would be hugely disappointing to not seal a playoff place from here

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

So proud to have a player like Sara who can score a goal like this to win such a big game. Incredible considering where he is when he originally turns those defenders. It’s so rare in this league . Bloody love him to bits . 

Big shout out to St.Gregory’s Catholic Social Club for pre match pints - wonderfully friendly and fantastic pies
Celebratory pints to be had in Preston tonight, and plenty of them ! 

Not Bowen's Pies, are they?

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

What a 3 weeks coming up...

Could be anything from dropping out of the top 6...,still needing something at Birmingham , to finishing 5th , resting players on the last day, manipluating our playoff opponents and everything inbetween

All I will say from here is that is would be hugely disappointing to not seal a playoff place from here

1/20 now to make top 6, into 13/2 from 8/1 (this morning) to go up. We won’t bottle this. 

21 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not Bowen's Pies, are they?

I don’t actually know but I’m going to say yes anyway. That’s what a Sara goal like that does to me. 

yep, three games against 'lesser' teams, another win will do

Games that look to be winnable are not - for all the top six

that win would mean Hull needing three wins out of four - two of which are the binners and Coventry

it could be we are in the play offs next Saturday

5th would be better as I S'oton look to be unable to win two games on the trot

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

1/20 now to make top 6, into 13/2 from 8/1 (this morning) to go up. We won’t bottle this. 

I will stick my neck out and say we 'should'  get a playoff place from here....however going up is an entirely different matter.

Can we overcome 2 of the teams above us, with a 2nd leg in the semis away?...thats a tall order.

It would certainly help we could get Giannoulis Hernandez Sorenson and Hanley all back in time to bolster our numbers

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Were in the play-offs but against who?

Don't really care, if Rowe and Sarge are fully fit by then and no new injuries/suspensions, we can take on any team in the division.

OTBC never mind the dangers 😎🔰🤛👍👏

The binners would be facing Coventry (A) next week, but due to Cov' FA sf,  the game has been moved to the midweek before the last round of games. The Binners face Hull (A) prior to that. It would be nice to see WBA slip up in their next 2 games Leics (A) and Sheff W (A), so that the play-off chasers still have a sniff when they play the Binners. Otherwise,  the re-arranged timing of game with Cov. could suit them rather well. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Southampton 

4th v 5th 

I have a hunch that Soton might finish higher than 4th…

Edited by Grando
Typo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Grando said:

I have a hunch that Solon might finish higher than 4th…

Unlikely I appreciate, but Soton have 5 cup finals, and should they win all of them ( as I said highly unlikely ) they are guaranteed 2nd and would likely be champions. Their games left are Preston ( h) Cardiff ( a ) Leicester ( a) Stoke ( h ) Leeds ( a ).

3 weeks ago wouldn’t have given them an earthly, but with Leicester, Leeds and the binners in free fall and absoloutely no pressure on Southampton ( its win them all, but already in the playoffs ) it suddenly becomes possible, especially if it’s winner takes all in the last game against Leeds.

50 minutes ago, makham said:

The binners would be facing Coventry (A) next week, but due to Cov' FA sf,  the game has been moved to the midweek before the last round of games. The Binners face Hull (A) prior to that. It would be nice to see WBA slip up in their next 2 games Leics (A) and Sheff W (A), so that the play-off chasers still have a sniff when they play the Binners. Otherwise,  the re-arranged timing of game with Cov. could suit them rather well. 

A strange position isn’t it. Win next week and the binners beat Coventry and Hull and we are as good as 6th. Think I would prefer the binners losing both games and us winning our 2 home games.

• Like 1