Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Today’s Matches

Would be very funny if Ipswich bottle their opportunity today. Boro doing ok, too. Not an easy game by any means. Now, where did I put those straws?

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You'd think 45 mins before k/o this chap would be at portman rd having a drink with all his mates.......unless...

Work my friend 😁

18 points available in total from the top-3's last two games.
Total gained: 2 points.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

25 mins...before k/o and still on here

'Friend' ?

He mispelt it - added a R

Posted (edited)

Pretty pathetic from Leeds, wouldnt have scored if they were playing until midnight, just as with their game vs sunderland in the week

Even if they'd drawn today theyd have still gone back into 2nd on goal diff and at least make ipswich have to get 'something' from their game today...now theyve given them a free game

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

23 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If that lot win today, then they're up imo

Losing 

Ipswich have only lost 6 games all season, as much as it pains to say, they deserve to be up there and if Leeds, Leicester and Southampton all bottle it then they’ve done enough despite our best efforts. At least we’ll have the pleasure of watching them get absolutely tonked week-in week-out in the Prem.

Liverpool just lost to Palace despite eight minutes of added time. Allied with the defeat against Atalanta, is this terminal? 

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Liverpool just lost to Palace despite eight minutes of added time. Allied with the defeat against Atalanta, is this terminal? 

Fingers crossed 😊

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I only caught the last couple of minutes on Five Live but found the result very satisfactory indeed. Perhaps the media darling will slink away with only the League Cup in his final season? 

On 13/04/2024 at 14:12, ricardo said:

Nobody wants promotion.

Nobody wants to win the Premier League either.🤣

Posted (edited)

Southampton vs Preston tonight.

What do we want ?

For me a draw would be ideal (does for Preston) failing that a Preston win - they are too far behind anyway to now be a serious threat for 6th.

I suppose S'oton could still be dark horse for the autos and deprive Ipswich (or Leeds last day of the season).

Edited by Yellow Fever

Southampton win for me - they play three times before the binners next play. They still have Leicester and Leeds to play so are just about in the conversation for the automatic places.

46 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Southampton vs Preston tonight.

What do we want ?

For me a draw would be ideal (does for Preston) failing that a Preston win - they are too far behind anyway to now be a serious threat for 6th.

I suppose S'oton could still be dark horse for the autos and deprive Ipswich (or Leeds last day of the season).

I don't understand why a draw is ideal? We either think Southampton have a slim chance of catching Ipswich, or we couldn't care less as neither we are catching Southampton or Preston are catching us is going to happen? For the record Southampton for me, unlikely they will catch them but still possible.

30 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Southampton win for me - they play three times before the binners next play. They still have Leicester and Leeds to play so are just about in the conversation for the automatic places.

13 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I don't understand why a draw is ideal? We either think Southampton have a slim chance of catching Ipswich, or we couldn't care less as neither we are catching Southampton or Preston are catching us is going to happen? For the record Southampton for me, unlikely they will catch them but still possible.

I was in two minds about this - but S'oton have to play both Leeds and Leicester - and so in-order to get into the autos would have to win these and then in all likelihood let Ipswich in by default! I'd rather that didn't happen and we knock them out ourselves. 😉. The cherry on top.

So S'oton losing....

But then I don't want Preston to really have any last throw of dice either.

A draw will do nicely. 

Southampton 3 up vs Preston... Might out the wind up the top 3 😂 

Ah didn’t see this thread, sorry, just put one up about Southampton.

Preston supporters, love it, singing Leeds are falling apart again.

• Like 1