Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 17 Week 37

Posted (edited)

377349985_1openingpost-page-001(1).thumb.jpg.fe0fa835ac7f3c97901460aec4e0417e.jpg

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare

We have PUPs legend @First Wazzock picking the final six this weekend. Wazzy’s having another superb season this time and leads our profitability league with 30/36 83% winning picks at a profit of +9.50. He is a former PUP league winner . and also won 3xPOTM this season in August, December and March. Added to that six previous final six wins he’s a real PUPs legend but for me Wazzy being dear old Lapps ‘wheelbarrow partner in crime’ is the icing on the cake  Let’s help Wazzy to win number 7 with our very best selections from the games played on Saturday, Sunday and Monday of this weekend that are listed on the Bet 365 web site.

We have another top PUP making the final selections for our game at Preston on Saturday with @Feedthewolf in the hot seat. Wolfie’s having another brilliant season with 27/36 75% winning picks and is right in contention for the profitability league on +6.61.Wolfie was October’s POTM and has a hat-trick of final six wins on Arrdee’s honours board. FTW was up first for the Norwich picks in August when he won £73.50 so let’s help him add more to the pot with some great options for Saturday from those listed on Bet 365 or Bill Hill.

🙏🙏Thanks so much all you PUPs for the wonderful support you’ve given Rays Funds over the past 17 years. I’ve decided to stand down after this season. I’m fine by the way, and I will miss it for sure. But for many reasons it’s become clear to me this is the time to call it a day. However we still have four weeks of this season and Kathy’s famous Euro sweepstake plus hopefully a couple of play-off games we can get involved with. And of course those early season pledges to settle.🙏🙏

Good luck all you PUPs. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Take it away Steve and Matt the thread is yours…🙂...

On behalf of us all a massive thank-you to our wonderful sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare also our benefactor PUPanon2. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below :-

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/

891495034_Rayssignature-01apr24.jpg.6da848ebdd1b5343ef4b61aba407a959.jpg

546814712_Signaturetotals07apr24.jpg.3a37cc5a078be862221fc1533fa6397d.jpg

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

To the Netherlands this week

AZ Alkmaar (4th, 15-7-7 56-33) v RKC Waalwijk (16th, 6-6-17 27-47) - Home Win

For the match bet, HT/FT Draw/Draw

Best of luck Wazzy, FTW, and all you PUPs.

Finally, massive thanks to Nutty for everything you've done with this community over the last 17 years. The totals in that table in the intro post are a testament to you. 

• Thanks 1

East Fife v Bonnyrigg - Home Win
    Sara anytime

"Thanks so much all you PUPs for the wonderful support you’ve given Rays Funds over the past 17 years. I’ve decided to stand down after this season."

Nutty. Such Sad news, but you've done right by the CSF for a long time now and given me a fun competition to play win. Rest your bones.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

🙏🙏Thanks so much all you PUPs for the wonderful support you’ve given Rays Funds over the past 17 years. I’ve decided to stand down after this season.

You're a legend, @nutty nigel.

I'm a lurker, not a picker, but it's obvious what good this thread does, not only in terms of the money raised - but also in terms of creating a space on this board where posters who've been arguing with each other all week find a common purpose. It's a beautiful thing. All power to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking after Kathy's picks while she's away...

Real Sociedad v Almeria Home Win

My pick for Wazzy is...

Liverpool          v          Crystal Palace          Home Win

and for Wolfie...

Sara to score from Outside the box.

• Thanks 1

Sad to hear young Nutty, you certainly are a legend and it’s been an honour to have been invited to take part.

🍻💚💚💛💛

• Thanks 1

Well done Eddie, youve done a great job of keeping it going,  involves a big committment & hard work, you deserve a rest. Ardee would be so proud of you and the amount raised for the CSF.

My pick is Man Utd away and for Norwich both teams to score with Sarge anytime.

Good Luck Pups

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Walsall v NOTTS COUNTY - Away Win.

Decent odds but the score could be anything Notts are top scorers (ish?) in L2, have a positive goal difference but sit bottom half on account of the fact that they concede nearly as many as they score. 🤷🏻‍♂️

For the Norwich match, is to be winning at both HT/FT; we’ll hold onto a lead eventually… 

Greetings all you fine pups

Getafe to win at Vallecano for me in La Liga please!

For City game a scoring draw

Good luck everyone! 

A huge thank you for keeping this going for so long @nutty nigel. It’s been a privilege to be part of this almost from the start, and those honours boards are a testament to all your selfless hard work for the benefit of others.

My pick is Man City v Luton Town - home win.

Norwich pick is a Borja banger from outside the box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Firstly, huge thanks to Eddie for the past 17 years of running the Rays Funds threads. It takes an enormous amount of time to curate, keeping records of all picks, results and odds for the league tables he publishes.

I had the honour of starting the thread and looking after the week once a few years ago when Eddie wasn't able to, so believe me when I say it's an unenviable task!

Because of the effort, time taken and relentless support of (mainly) the CSF (but not forgetting FONCY, Sarcoma UK and our dearly departed friends - Michelle, Wooster and Lapps) I used my vote in this years "Michelle Dack Fan of the Season" award to nominate Eddie as a contender, writing a lengthy email as part of the process to explain why I was nominating him for his tireless dedication to running the Rays Funds threads over the years.

I was delighted when the Club contacted me and Eddie to confirm that their panel had selected Eddie as one of this years 3 finalists and were happy to include him on all their postings and presentations surrounding the award. Very fitting given that the award is named after one of our dearly missed Pups.

However, in true Eddie style - he declined the nomination, saying that he wouldn't want to stand in front of anyone else and deny them of deserving of the award themselves. He also iterated that the he couldn't accept an award for Rays Funds as the whole ethos of the thread is about the Pups, without whom the thread couldn't function - and he couldn't accept without an award for each and every one of us.

I'm sure Eddie won't mind me quoting from an email exchange he had with the club - "Knowing that Kev appreciates what we’ve all done with Rays Funds is all the recognition I could need".

A fine example of humility that many lack these days - you're a winner in my eyes mate and I'll miss this thread dearly.

So, onto the picks

For Steve (yet another Pup I've had the pleasure of meeting as a direct result of these threads) PORTO v Famalicao HOME WIN in Portugal

For Wolfie - Liam Lindsay to score anytime 

Good luck everyone - lets hope we can add to the pot in these final few weeks!

Leedscanary

Edited by Leedscanary
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Good luck PUPS,

My pick Bohemians v Sparta Prague -  away win.

For City, I think we have to win, time for a total fluke and VH to score last.

OTBC

Hi PUPs, a massive thanks to Nutty for all of his hard work over the years and it's been hugely enjoyable being involved. If you can find it there's also the early season pledges to be settled which should hopefully add to some extra cheddar to the pot.

This week I'm off to Germany Bundesliga II with St Pauli (home win).

For the City game Fassnacht to score last.

Best of luck everyone!

Apples

• Thanks 1

I echo everyone else's comments about Eddie's incredible commitment to the PUPs cause over the past 17 years.

I'll be back tomorrow to do the match picks, but my pick for the final six is for Wrexham to beat Forest Green; odds of 4/11 look pretty generous.

• Thanks 1

Eddie, as @Robert N. LiMhas already mentioned, this thread has often been a sanctuary on the message board when times have been difficult and tempers have been frayed, so many thanks for providing that, not to mention the magnificent achievement of helping to raise a significant amount of money for the CSF. 🏆 I'm glad I finally managed to break my duck this season.

For the Final Six this week, a Leeds United Home Win against Blackburn at 1/3.

For the Norwich match, the breaking news that Josh is a doubt has dampened my optimism somewhat but I will go for a 0-1 Away Win.

Best of luck @First Wazzock, @Feedthewolfand the rest of the magnificent PUPs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evening Pups . 
I’m saying Sainz to score anytime and I’m going for Ipswich v MIDDLESBROUGH away win 3/1 minimum. 
Eddie , you’re a star !!  I’ve only been a Pup comparatively recently, but you’ve made it so easy to get involved with something so worthwhile. So thank you for that. And it’s been an added joy getting to know you. 
OTBC Eddie . 

• Thanks 1

Nutty, you are a star! You've done fantastic job with everything that's involved with the PUPs. Thank you so much.

I'm going for a home win for CD Castellon v. Granada II in Spain Primera Division RFEF Group 2.

Castellon are W13 D1 L1 F42 A17 at home and Granada II are W0 D2 L12 F10 A28 away

Good Luck, First Wazzock!

For the match bet - Sainz to score outside the box.

Good Luck, Feedthewolf!

• Thanks 1

No Internet to speak of so I was going to say I would go with whatever Cosmic chose! And that looks an excellent pick. 

For the match bet I suggest BTTS and Sainz as an anytime goalscorer. Good luck to all, of course, but especially to Cosmic... 

• Thanks 1

I received another fiver donation for Sarcoma through the post today: -

Thank you for donating £5.00 to Sarcoma UK, the only cancer charity in the UK focusing on all types of sarcoma.

You’re making a real difference to people affected by sarcoma.

Your gift will help raise awareness; fund researchers working tirelessly towards a cure for sarcoma; and keep our Support Line open for anyone who needs a listening ear. Thank you for choosing to support Sarcoma UK.

Gift details

Amount

£5.00

Gift date

04/11/2024

Type

One-time gift

Tribute information

Type

in honour of

Name for tribute

Michelle Dack

Here are the latest totals…

1865856341_Signaturetotals-11Apr24.jpg.d68116c6d4ec53c35f09f1c2d2d64e36.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This week I’ll go for Leeds to win against Blackburn. For our game a 1-1 draw. 

Just want to say to Eddie that it’s been a privilege to be part of something so worthwhile and that’s down to you. You’re an inspiration to many with the fundraising and a wonderful person. Thank you Eddie and enjoy the rest.

Celtic to beat St Mirren. 

For the Norwich game BTTS. 

Very best of luck. 

Hello pups

My pick is BENFICA V moreirensce HOME WIN

For the city bet McLean to score anytime 

Good luck pups 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

Firstly, huge thanks to Eddie for the past 17 years of running the Rays Funds threads. It takes an enormous amount of time to curate, keeping records of all picks, results and odds for the league tables he publishes.

I had the honour of starting the thread and looking after the week once a few years ago when Eddie wasn't able to, so believe me when I say it's an unenviable task!

Because of the effort, time taken and relentless support of (mainly) the CSF (but not forgetting FONCY, Sarcoma UK and our dearly departed friends - Michelle, Wooster and Lapps) I used my vote in this years "Michelle Dack Fan of the Season" award to nominate Eddie as a contender, writing a lengthy email as part of the process to explain why I was nominating him for his tireless dedication to running the Rays Funds threads over the years.

I was delighted when the Club contacted me and Eddie to confirm that their panel had selected Eddie as one of this years 3 finalists and were happy to include him on all their postings and presentations surrounding the award. Very fitting given that the award is named after one of our dearly missed Pups.

However, in true Eddie style - he declined the nomination, saying that he wouldn't want to stand in front of anyone else and deny them of deserving of the award themselves. He also iterated that the he couldn't accept an award for Rays Funds as the whole ethos of the thread is about the Pups, without whom the thread couldn't function - and he couldn't accept without an award for each and every one of us.

I'm sure Eddie won't mind me quoting from an email exchange he had with the club - "Knowing that Kev appreciates what we’ve all done with Rays Funds is all the recognition I could need".

A fine example of humility that many lack these days - you're a winner in my eyes mate and I'll miss this thread dearly.

So, onto the picks

For Steve (yet another Pup I've had the pleasure of meeting as a direct result of these threads) PORTO v Famalicao HOME WIN in Portugal

For Wolfie - Liam Lindsay to score anytime 

Good luck everyone - lets hope we can add to the pot in these final few weeks!

Leedscanary

Could there be a better winner?

I vote for Eddie precisely because he would decline it. 

A wonderful, selfless human. 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As many have said, massive credit to Eddie for the work he has done over the years. I dread to think how many hundreds, probably thousands, of hours he has put into this. 

For my tip this week, I'll go for Napoli. They showed signs of resurgence last week and Frosinone are in poor form, so home win at 4/11.

I'm pessimistic for our game as our away form isn't great. Osmajic scored a hat trick in the week, so Osmajic anytime scorer at 5/2.

• Thanks 1

I can't imagine the amount of time and effort that has gone into collating this amazing thread over the last 17 years - brilliant stuff, and thank you.

My bet is a safe Wrexham to win at home to bottom of the table Forest Green Rovers.

As for our game, Barnes always has a good game after a not so good game, so Ashley Barnes to score!

Good Luck First Wazzock and Woolfie, and the rest of you lovely bunch.

• Thanks 1

I'm going a little bit early with this, but I had a spare half-hour so thought I'd crack on. Given our injury issues and Preston's generally strong defence, I don't see too many goals in this one; especially if Sarge isn't available. A little surprising that we're shorter odds than Preston to win, so I've tried to factor that in too.

£1 0-0
£1 Sara to score from outside the area
£1 Sainz to score from outside the area
£1 Nunez to score from outside the area
£1 Double result Norwich/Draw
£1 Preston to win and Will Keane to score anytime
£2 Preston to score the last goal
£1 Ashley Barnes to be carded
50p Norwich to win 3-1 and SVH to score the last goal
50p Norwich to win 2-1 and SVH to score the last goal

• Thanks 1

A very good afternoon to the living legend that is @nutty nigel. What a star you have been over the years and i really don't know how i will cope without a PUPs league. First it was the demise of Taddy lager and now this !

Anyway I am delighted to be chosen to do the picks for the game v Swansea our very last home game after all these years so thanks for the text invite old boy.

Down to business and a HOME WIN for BARCELONA WOMEN v Villarreal Women.

For the City game Sara to score the first goal of the game.

Good luck to @First Wazzock and @Feedthewolf.

• Thanks 1